When do you think you will buy a 100% pure electric vehicle?

When will you buy a 100% pure electric vehicle?

• Already Own One

Votes: 41 5.6%
  • In the next year

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • Between 1-5 years

Votes: 131 17.8%
  • 6-10 years

Votes: 176 24.0%
  • 10+ years or never

Votes: 378 51.5%

• Total voters

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I'll come back in a month to see what "fired whole supercharger team" really means. Also, I'm in California this week, apparently no one here has received the anti tesla memo. It seem like every 5th vehicle here is a Tesla.
EVs/Teslas make perfect sense in California - expensive gas, long commutes, highways everywhere, charging almost anywhere you need it.

Reactions: wxman1

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
A bit OT and apologies if this has already been covered in this mega thread - is there a short answer as to why you're prevented from leasing EVs in certain states?

Why is leasing only available on a state by state basis and not nationwide?

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I think he is actively trying to crater the company. Supercharger network is what differentiated Tesla.
Yeah the cars aren't anything special but that charging network is the only one I'd call reliable nationwide. If you're trying to charge with something other than a supercharger it's an absolute crapshoot on if it's going to work or not.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
If there is one thing that I think everybody across all spectrums can agree to it's that Musk is world-class at making for toxic work environments. I would be interested if some of this isn't as much about anger that his big payday was recently rejected as it is about the company financials and sales trends - even though it wasn't Tesla that reversed the pay package decision.

CEO Elon Musk sent out a company-wide email that seemed more like a threat than anything else. "Hopefully these actions are making it clear that we need to be absolutely hard core about headcount and cost reduction," Musk wrote. "While some on exec staff are taking this seriously, most are not yet doing so."​
This could be just the beginning. Musk also said that any staffers working under executives who “don’t obviously pass the excellent, necessary and trustworthy test” would also get cut. When all of this is said and done, Tesla’s headcount could be reduced by as much as 20 percent, as recently suggested by Bloomberg. This adds up to more than 20,000 employees.​
Just how “hard core” is Musk about reducing costs? Well, a judge recently rejected his proposal for a pay package that would grant him $55.8 billion of Tesla’s money, which was referred to in court as “an unfathomable sum” that was unfair to shareholders. Chancellor Kathaleen St. Jude McCormick went on to call it “the largest potential compensation opportunity ever observed in public markets by multiple orders of magnitude.” Sounds kinda soft core to me.​

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The Internet? Cell phones? Walking tacos?

Biggest in automotive, I assume you mean. ;)
Your right about the internet, without it there would be no CF.

But self-driving would be bigger than the cell-phone IMO. It would economically impact every facet of transportation. If done right it would save lives, reduce cost of everyday consumer goods, cut investment of the 2nd largest expense for most families and influence where people live.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
"Still, the company's Model Y crossover was the best selling new vehicle in California, the report said."

Is that quote in the article you quoted? I didn't see it in there.

"Among the top three passenger cars sold in California in the first quarter this year, Elon Musk’s Tesla Model 3 dropped from first place to third, behind the Toyota Camry and the Honda Civic, according to the California New Car Dealers Association’s first quarter auto outlook on Monday. Toyota was the top brand in California this quarter, notching a 9.3% increase in registrations, followed by Honda, which marked an 18.6% rise so far this year. Tesla registrations have dropped in California year to date, with a 7.8% drop in the first quarter, following a 9.8% drop in the last quarter of 2023."

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

Not a great PR look for the people you’re going to rely on for the future of your business. But I guess the immediate shareholder returns are more important than the long term future?
He's probably so levered in his Tesla stock that he has to keep the price up or go bankrupt paying margin calls.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

Not a great PR look for the people you’re going to rely on for the future of your business. But I guess the immediate shareholder returns are more important than the long term future?
If your cutting costs and firing full-time employees if probably not a great moral booster for current employees to spend money on summer interns. Tesla isn't unique in this practice. I worked for a company that suspended its summer intern program back during the 2008/09 financial crisis. I no longer work for that company, but it has been HIGHLY successful over the last decade.

Reactions: besserheimerphat

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
If your cutting costs and firing full-time employees if probably not a great moral booster for current employees to spend money on summer interns. Tesla isn't unique in this practice. I worked for a company that suspended its summer intern program back during the 2008/09 financial crisis. I no longer work for that company, but it has been HIGHLY successful over the last decade.
I'll hop on the sidebar convo here and agree. I've seen the dissolution of the intern/coop program greatly contribute killing off one company I worked for, and I am beginning to witness it on another one... IMO hands down the best talent recruitment method available. And it costs peanuts.

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
Buy your electric vehicles soon. California has passed a zero emissions policy for RR locomotives starting in 2030. Freight locomotives starting in 2035. I wonder when California will mandate ocean going ships that come into California ports will need to be electric?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron