Who did the guys on ESPNU First Take just pick???

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
why we would get said respect after losing to Ttech in the way we did is even more puzzling.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
It was more of a "Without their starting QB, TCU will have too much to overcome. And Paul Rhoads will have ISU ready to go." Plus, since the TTU game was on FCS, no one really saw it, only the score.

Even stranger - the guy on College Football Daily (name is escaping me right now) picked TTU over OU. And he's a OU grad...

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I still find it a bit odd, even with their QB out. But Paul Rhodes has also found ways to bounce back from disappointing losses in the past so a win tomorrow would not shock me.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
You have to earn respect, not whine about whether we should get it or not. Based off of this season so far, what have we done that deserves any respect?

TigerCyJM

May 3, 2012
Polk County, IA
I still find it a bit odd, even with their QB out. But Paul Rhodes has also found ways to bounce back from disappointing losses in the past so a win tomorrow would not shock me.

647ee228_banhammer.jpeg

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
And I forgot that I need to expressly denote any and all sarcasm on the internets. My respect line, and pretty much the whole post was jimlad city...

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Am I the only one that is scared because people are saying "look for the upset?" I mean, look at basketball, when people say "look for the upset," the upset doesn't happen. But when you don't look for it, it does. Same with football. No one but Iowa State fans said "look for the upset" against Okie State, but we did it.

I would feel more confident in this game if others felt less confident.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Dammit you guys I'm so sorry. I know it is spelled Rhoads. I can't believe that, my fingers just had a mind of their own I guess. My apologies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron