Who does better in Herman's system-AA or JT

Boony

Dec 14, 2007
Boone River
So who better fits Coach Herman's system, AA or JT? I guess you have to assume Arnaud, but could this be Tiller's chance to jump in front? It sounds like Herman was impressed with AA before he thought of taking this job, and he has to be the odds-on favorite to be the starter. With a new system and new coaches, it has to give Tiller a better chance to show what he can do. Whoever has better mobility, vision, and the ability to absorb the new system quickly and make it work on the field will have the job.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I doubt Herman or anyone knows. We need to see what JT can do in a game atmosphere first. Austen is proven.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Doesn't matter. If it is AA than we have an experienced QB. If it is Tiller than we have a QB that is so good that he beat out an experienced QB. That is how 99% of people will see it

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
If Tiller is better than AA, I would say that is awesome. AA could be a great one. Just imagine AA getting beat out, that would look to be great news for the good guys. If AA wins it just won't be news.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I'm rooting for Austen as he has taken the reigns as a team leader, and I'd like to see him continue in that role as starting QB. That said though, his experience will be of much less value with the change in offensive systems, which should give Tiller a chance.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
So who better fits Coach Herman's system, AA or JT? I guess you have to assume Arnaud, but could this be Tiller's chance to jump in front? It sounds like Herman was impressed with AA before he thought of taking this job, and he has to be the odds-on favorite to be the starter. With a new system and new coaches, it has to give Tiller a better chance to show what he can do. Whoever has better mobility, vision, and the ability to absorb the new system quickly and make it work on the field will have the job.

You belong in the Bo Williams thread. No one has seen Tiller play, how can you say that anything gives him a better chance to play? Austen Arnaud is a PROVEN quarterback. -1 to you sir.

Reactions: Al_4_State

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
You would think by reading this board that Tiller was the 2nd coming of Christ somedays. First rule of Cyclone athletics: don't expect great things from a player who has yet to take the field as a Cyclone. Hope for it, by all means, but don't expect it. I think when Arnaud graduates, Tiller will be in position to be a solid Big 12 quarterback. Hopefully, if he's as athletic as advertised, Herman will work them both on to the field (at the same time) this year. I just don't see any way Tiller beats Arnaud out this year. I honestly think Arnaud has potential to be one of the best we've had, and if Tiller beats him out, than I guess he's that good. Just don't think its all that likely.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I like Arnaud a lot, but if Tiller's better then get him in there. It's not like we have a redshirt to worry about burning anymore :pbiggrin: