Why I hate Parents Weekend

Ocho

Sep 4, 2008
1. I think what EJ4CY is not mentioning is that at least 2 people form his group had to stand up the entire time. That is what happens when you invite a friend to come and squeeze into your seats. Either you stand or you make the guy next to you hold his son for the duration of the game so you can slide down and have a seat. I don't care if you stand, but if you need to sit by your friends go over to the hill. (If you were NOT the guy on the north end of section 20, row 6, then I apologize.)

2. As far as standing- its your right. IMO, there is a time to stand and cheer: 3rd down, 2nd and long, after a big play etc. I think to stand for the full game is inconsiderate to those behind you. My grandparents go to the games and I know that they can't stand for that long. A lot of people bring their kids and when everyone stands they have to hold them up so they can see.

To me its like farting in an elevator, its your right, but it's inconsiderate. You can bark all day about how its your right, but if I am behind you, IT STINKS.

JordanHXC

Apr 1, 2006
Omaha
He proceeded to scream "DES MOINES ******* SUCKS" in his best Durst-growl. Since that day, he has been allowed to stand at all times.

LOL...you might get really upset if you found out how much they pay me to get tattooed and "fred durst growl"....i'm seriously starting to hate iowa state fans. you guys are bunch of sallys

JordanHXC

Apr 1, 2006
Omaha
also, to the guy that said i read at a second grade level, there are 8 of my students on this board...yes, i taught at isu while i was getting my master's degree in genetics....i've lived in omaha for about 5 years now and i have to admit, the people on this board are about as jacked up as husker fans...bunch of whiney little babies

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Ill keep it short,

Someone disagrees with you and you just keep knocking them down?

Nice, glad to see you got your Masters, congrats.

Try an have a little common sense, and respect for those around you.

EJ4CY

Feb 11, 2007
Lenexa KS
1. I think what EJ4CY is not mentioning is that at least 2 people form his group had to stand up the entire time. That is what happens when you invite a friend to come and squeeze into your seats. Either you stand or you make the guy next to you hold his son for the duration of the game so you can slide down and have a seat. I don't care if you stand, but if you need to sit by your friends go over to the hill. (If you were NOT the guy on the north end of section 20, row 6, then I apologize.)

My basic point of this is that there are seven of us who have had season tickets in the same seats for the last four years (no one else is squeezing in) just us seven; and it is extremely frusturating for someone who has never had season tickets, or sat in our section to tell us to do something different than we have been doing for four consecutive years with no complaints.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
LOL...you might get really upset if you found out how much they pay me to get tattooed and "fred durst growl"....i'm seriously starting to hate iowa state fans. you guys are bunch of sallys

Well duh,

We don't have the bad*** tattoos!

Wow, nothing says hardcore more than telling someone how much you get paid to get a tattoo and impersonate Fred Durst. Bravo.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Section 18 here... and I will never listen to someone tell me sit done or be quiet for that matter... first of all its a FOOTBALL game not a BALLET. I try and show respect as soon as the ball is snapped offensively of defensively by crouching down if need be... (on a down the crowd chooses not to be on their feet) I also make sure to keep the vocals appropriate for those kids around us.

However, I do feel our home field advantage is only 1/3 that of other schools. Jack Trice seems to only erupt on 3rd down. I would argue 2nd and 10 needs just as much enthusiasm and noise as waiting for 3rd and 1. 2nd and 10 means our defense just held the other team to no yardage yet many times I will see fans wait to cheer and get loud only on 3rd down. Let's make Jack Trice more of a home field advantage.. not just 1/3 of the game.... Take a look at other crowds- As this site suggests... we need more FANATICS... not just fannies in the seats... and if you choose not to cheer every down... don't complain to others. Again... its a football game...

Offense is the time to rest.... except for those scoring plays... Defense is the time to go to work and cheer like a bunch of "crazed dogs"

:biglaugh:

Totally agree with everything said here.

I act just like you when I am at the Jack. Which is for every game.

tccoach

Apr 22, 2006
Iowa
I would like to think we could show some more respect as fellow Cyclone fans for those who may be older and not able to stand as often as some of you seem to expect out of "everyone" and to families with kids who even if they were standing could probably not see over adults who choose to stand the whole game... saw this happen on Saturday night on the hillside....two chose to stand the entire game in front of 100+ people, many of whom were families with kids.... despite being asked several times to move or sit...were just ignored...its not like they had "seats"... and its not like they were there at 4:30 to claim there spots.

Reactions: CyAg

sdmredsox

Dec 15, 2008
South Des Moines
Section 18 here... and I will never listen to someone tell me sit done or be quiet for that matter... first of all its a FOOTBALL game not a BALLET. I try and show respect as soon as the ball is snapped offensively of defensively by crouching down if need be... (on a down the crowd chooses not to be on their feet) I also make sure to keep the vocals appropriate for those kids around us.

However, I do feel our home field advantage is only 1/3 that of other schools. Jack Trice seems to only erupt on 3rd down. I would argue 2nd and 10 needs just as much enthusiasm and noise as waiting for 3rd and 1. 2nd and 10 means our defense just held the other team to no yardage yet many times I will see fans wait to cheer and get loud only on 3rd down. Let's make Jack Trice more of a home field advantage.. not just 1/3 of the game.... Take a look at other crowds- As this site suggests... we need more FANATICS... not just fannies in the seats... and if you choose not to cheer every down... don't complain to others. Again... its a football game...

Offense is the time to rest.... except for those scoring plays... Defense is the time to go to work and cheer like a bunch of "crazed dogs"

:biglaugh:

Amen brother, Amen. Feel like im in the Library sometimes on D with the bunch I sit around. I need to sit by some Hellraisers!!