Why I hate Parents Weekend

SilverCyclone

Nov 9, 2006
Let me preface this, by saying I fully enjoyed everything about Saturday, except when I got to my seat.

We sit in section 20, and have for the past four years. Our section has always been a section that stands up, cheers and participates in almost ever aspect of the game.

We arrive at the stadium at 10 go through the same pregame as any other game (Saturdays was very nice may I add, great Army tribute before kickoff.)

We got to our seats, absolutey all new faces in our section. Yes shame on those who sold tickets to others.. But SHAME on the people sitting in section 20.

The first play from scrimmage, a fella the row behind us says "Hey why don't you sit down so the rest of us can see." In four years we have never had anyone ask us to sit down, if anything we would have gotten made fun of for sitting down.

Needless to say we spent the first half still doing everything like ever other game, First Down Cheers, making noise on third down.. the usual stuff, while the rest of the section sat on their you know whats...

Sorry to keep rambling, but I guess my questions are:
1. In the right or wrong?
2. Did any of you have to deal with the same thing?

... I always turn around to make sure that someone did'nt get their legs blown off in IRAQ first... THEN I'll tell them to STFU and probably call them a ****** bag or something while fingering them for the trifecta .... :wink:

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
... I always turn around to make sure that someone did'nt get their legs blown off in IRAQ first... THEN I'll tell them to STFU and probably call them a ****** bag or something while fingering them for the trifecta .... :wink:

Even though I know you are trying to be funny, I know you wouldn't have the balls to do that to someone at a game. If you did, you deserve to be punched in the face. That would be a classless move, frat boy.

Last edited:

SilverCyclone

Nov 9, 2006
Even though I know you are trying to be funny, I know you wouldn't have the balls to do that to someone at a game. If you did, you deserve to be punched in the face. That would be a classless move, frat boy.

??? ... :biglaugh:... I have already done it to perfection... I will join a fraternity if it helps...

Last edited:

synapticwave

Mar 9, 2007
Austin, TX
www.longshotgames.com
these 2 next to each other... does not compute.

I don't think these are mutually exclusive. I can believe that all fans have the right to stand as much as they like and if someone stands the whole game I have no problem with that. I also understand that some people don't share this opinion and so I don't stand the entire game and will try to accomodate these fans by crouching or switching seats with someone if I want to stand more than they do. I also am of the opinion that having vibrant fans that stand the majority of the game or that jump up after nearly every play helps keep the entire crowd more into the game and to cheer as much as possible. So, I try to be that guy and lead the cheers in my section and that means standing more often.

Almost nobody sits the entire game. Even the gold level sections.

Really, you don't understand the point of this? I wasn't actually expecting you to first of take this really seriously, but to actually enterpret it as sitting the entire game. Although, you could of fooled me with how badly you value sitting, I did actually think you would want to sit the entire game, after all, with how bad the team has been what purpose does standing or cheering even hold?:skeptical:

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don't think these are mutually exclusive. I can believe that all fans have the right to stand as much as they like and if someone stands the whole game I have no problem with that. I also understand that some people don't share this opinion and so I don't stand the entire game and will try to accomodate these fans by crouching or switching seats with someone if I want to stand more than they do. I also am of the opinion that having vibrant fans that stand the majority of the game or that jump up after nearly every play helps keep the entire crowd more into the game and to cheer as much as possible. So, I try to be that guy and lead the cheers in my section and that means standing more often.
the funny thing is, i agree with you on a lot of that. Im in section 10, and we were up every third down and all the big plays last night, and then quite a bit of the rest as well... we just werent standing the whole time. A little courtesy should be expected on both sides. Nobody should be telling someone to sit down if theyre just up for a down or two, but someone shouldnt be equally as bad demanding that everyone stand up behind them for the whole game just because they want to.

jrcisu79

Nov 28, 2006
Marshalltown
The thing that kills me is that Autzen stadium is the same size as Trice and they are constantly renowned for being one of the loudest stadiums in the country. People that want to sit through the first half need to go out to the lots and drink, nothing pisses me off more than someone ******** about someone standing up. Why even bother coming to the game.

SilverCyclone

Nov 9, 2006
The thing that kills me is that Autzen stadium is the same size as Trice and they are constantly renowned for being one of the loudest stadiums in the country. People that want to sit through the first half need to go out to the lots and drink, nothing pisses me off more than someone ******** about someone standing up. Why even bother coming to the game.

????????????????????????????????????????

I'm still clueless as well... and no, I don't stand the whole f'in game... but I will if that is what it takes...! :wink:... and I am a member of AARP !!! :yes:

Cyclone15

Aug 21, 2007
Ankeny

WELL PUT !
That is why they have a true home field advantage... we have home field advantage for the most part when it's 3rd down. The other team can drive all the way down the field on 1st and 2nd down until 3rd down fan finally decides to show up... 3rd and goal from the 7. Fair weather fans for some programs... and 3rd down fans is what I see a lot of.... What comes first... the play or the cheers?? I do remember being at a movie theatre once... think they keep people seated and rather you not talk.

GO STATE !

Last edited:

jrcisu79

Nov 28, 2006
Marshalltown
when I go home I can barley talk Sunday. I can respect that you donated $5000 for your seats but stand the **** up, yell till your throat bleeds cardinal, have some passion and act like you care. for the most part our fan base is in a coma.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverCyclone

Nov 9, 2006
when I go home I can barley talk Sunday. I can respect that you donated $5000 for your seats but stand the **** up, yell till your throat bleeds cardinal, have some passion and act like you care. for the most part our fan base is in a coma.

:yes:YES !!! EXPONENTIALLY !!! :yes: STFU too.... S-tand T-he F- U-p too....

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
This thread may take place quite a bit on this messageboard, but every time it is 100% correct. We do have great tailgating, but please show up in time for the band and ISU fights... We have an awesome fight song, but hardly anyone claps for it..... We have 50,000 fans at some games, but it can seem like only 30,000 when we should be loud enough to make it seem like 70,000. We want to go to 'the next level' but fans want to sit back and watch us go to the next level instead of taking initiative and taking our stadium atmosphere to the next level. We're already known for being loud as hell in basketball... but why can't we transplant some Hilton Magic into Jack Trice Stadium on Saturdays? We won't make it to the next level without a little magic, and its not like we havn't made some magic before, so it is about time Cyclone Fans took their noise level to the next level.