Will ISU make a Bowl Game? YES! Which One? LIBERTY BOWL 12/29

Will ISU make a Bowl Game (Final Record)?

• No (3-9)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (4-8)

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No (5-7)

Votes: 127 30.8%
  • Yes (5-7)

Votes: 31 7.5%
  • Yes (6-6)

Votes: 189 45.9%
  • Yes (7-5)

Votes: 43 10.4%
  • Yes (8-4)

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Yes (9-3)

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldandCardinal

Sep 28, 2019
Part of me wants Iowa to beat Michigan so they can be left out of the CFP because of the "fair catch" call.
They don't deserve to be there regardless, but the endless whining from the Hok fans would be delicious, since this is their last chance to make the playoffs with the new BIG schedule.
I'm sorry to disagree but I never want Iowa to win in virtually any sport ever for any reason.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Part of me wants Iowa to beat Michigan so they can be left out of the CFP because of the "fair catch" call.
They don't deserve to be there regardless, but the endless whining from the Hok fans would be delicious, since this is their last chance to make the playoffs with the new BIG schedule.
It would take a 500 levels of mindfuckery for me to root for Iowa.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It would take a 500 levels of mindfuckery for me to root for Iowa.

I will at times try to convince myself I can root for them. I have several buddies who are Iowa fans. I've known some kids that have played there. And like Saturday, I can't stand Michigan.

This charade usually can last about 2-3 plays before I can't keep it up any longer and wind up actively rooting against them.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I will at times try to convince myself I can root for them. I have several buddies who are Iowa fans. I've known some kids that have played there. And like Saturday, I can't stand Michigan.

This charade usually can last about 2-3 plays before I can't keep it up any longer and wind up actively rooting against them.
Sometimes, when I know I'll be watching an Iowa game with friends, I'll bet on Iowa so I can last slightly longer than 2-3 plays (TWSS).

Hammerschlagen

Feb 23, 2022
Oh IDK. CFP formula is pretty simple:
1) undefeated conf champs
1a) undefeated "other" (ND, Cincy)
2) 1 loss conf champs
3) 1 loss non-conf champs
(no 2-loss team has ever made it)

If Texas beats OSU, they will be a 1-loss conf champ. Only 3 of those have been left out (the Baylor/TCU debacle, and Ohio State(!) was left out for an undefeated Notre Dame in 2018).

You don't need a lot of chaos. If FSU loses (or god forbid, Michigan), Texas would be in with a win, period.

The BIG question to me is, what if Michigan, FSU, Bama, Texas, and Oregon all win? Then you have three 1-loss champs and only 2 spots. Oregon is ranked higher than both Bama & Texas, and beating UW looks great so I think they are in. So Texas vs Bama for 4th spot! Texas is higher ranked now, and beat them H2H. But Bama would have a huge win over #1 Georgia so they could jump them. Man, that would be fun af to see happen, the Whorns would lose their minds.
Does the Committee leave out Georgia in that last scenario? The guys on tv last night said "they are in no matter what"

Take that with a grain of salt but it was said

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
A loss is just a loss. I want them to suffer. This would cause them to suffer.
Eh unless you are just a moron (so I take that back because Hawkeye fans all are) there's no way in hell the committee would take a one-loss Iowa this year to make it in had they won that Minnesota game and somehow upset Michigan. There's absolutely no way. They would take Ohio State (who Iowa didn't play) over them. In the end the CFP is still a product unless they don't have a choice like an undefeated P5 team, and Iowa vs. Georgia...omg that would be TCU/Georgia level. It would be glorious to watch as a Clone fan though lol.

Last edited:

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
Eh unless you are just a moron (so take that back because they all are) there's no way in hell the committee would take a one-loss Iowa this year to make it in had they won that Minnesota game and somehow upset Michigan. There's absolutely no way. They would take Ohio State (who Iowa didn't play) over them. In the end the CFP is still a product unless they don't have a choice like an undefeated P5 team, and Iowa vs. Georgia...omg that would be TCU/Georgia level. It would be glorious to watch as a Clone fan though lol.
Pardon me, who are you calling a moron?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I don't see how you leave Texas out if Alabama beats Georgia. I'd rather have Washington beat Oregon so 3 of the spots go to undefeated conference champions, done deal. if there's only one spot for a 1 loss conference champ, I don't see how you leave Texas out if Alabama beats Georgia. The agony from Finebaum and the other SEC shills would be worth it, even if it does benefit the Whorns.

I would probably agree based on H2H, but IF they wanted Bama (for ratings, corruption, whatever) then the rationale would be "playing really well at year end, just beat Georgia! whereas Texas just beat Ok St and not a big deal"

Not saying that it is right, correct, or fair- just that would be what they say to justify it. They always have a justification, it just changes year to year to support their preferred team.

Reactions: DrShip

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Does the Committee leave out Georgia in that last scenario? The guys on tv last night said "they are in no matter what"

Take that with a grain of salt but it was said
I think they would leave Georgia out.

That's hard to fathom, but there has never been a 1-loss non conf champ selected, when a 1-loss conf champ was NOT selected.