Worth the drive down!

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I think, and not exaggerating, we haven’t lost a home game I’ve been at in person in like ten years. Glad I made the trip!

I don’t like them. And don’t want to play them again. Them. Creighton. And yes even Alabama. Just no. Too good of shooters.

That was fun! Back north I go.

Go Cyclones!

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I think, and not exaggerating, we haven’t lost a home game I’ve been at in person in like ten years. Glad I made the trip!

I don’t like them. And don’t want to play them again. Them. Creighton. And yes even Alabama. Just no. Too good of shooters.

That was fun! Back north I go.

Go Cyclones!
Alabama's offense has been pretty pedestrian against teams with a pulse on defense. I am talking Top 50 defenses where they average about 75pts a game.

Also turnover prone even though they don't play a lot of great defensive teams.

Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I agree with the commentators last night. Nobody is going to want to play that BYU team just like nobody is going to want to play ISU or Houston. Their passing is great, everybody can hit shots and they are long. They could have a bad night or they could light you up but I don't think anyone is going to be excited to have them in their bracket because there isn't a sure fire way to beat them.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I live in NE IA and left at half time. Not because I was giving up so much as I had purchased tickets to a 7PM game that got pushed an hour back, I have a teething 7 month old baby at home, wife who was sick, and I had to be at work at 7AM today.

I also left at half time of the Vikings/Colts NFL record comeback in 2022.

So from now on I'm leaving every major halftime deficit I attend until it backfires.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I agree with the commentators last night. Nobody is going to want to play that BYU team just like nobody is going to want to play ISU or Houston. Their passing is great, everybody can hit shots and they are long. They could have a bad night or they could light you up but I don't think anyone is going to be excited to have them in their bracket because there isn't a sure fire way to beat them.
That's a good team. They have all the pieces necessary to make a run. Kind of reminds me of the Hoiberg teams.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I live in NE IA and left at half time. Not because I was giving up so much as I had purchased tickets to a 7PM game that got pushed an hour back, I have a teething 7 month old baby at home, wife who was sick, and I had to be at work at 7AM today.

So from now on I'm leaving every major halftime deficit I attend until it backfires.
We appreciate your sacrifice.

But seriously, good job in making it at all. I doubt I would have been able to sell it at home with a sick wife and teething child. Hope things get better at the homestead.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I think the 6th man was definitely a factor last night. It was as loud as I've heard in a long time. The stripe-out wasn't too bad for Cyclone fans either :) The only bad part of last night was the kid puking all the way down our stairway.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
That's a good team. They have all the pieces necessary to make a run. Kind of reminds me of the Hoiberg teams.
Watching them last night dismantle our defense again made me think Avila (Indiana St big) would be a really good fit in Provo.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I said that myself. They move your defense around like pieces on a chess board and then slice it up. Probably better than most of Fred's teams on the defensive side too. They are a team I'll take for at least a couple rounds in my bracket.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayshellberg

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

Hey whatever it takes, we appreciate your sacrifice

Reactions: Al_4_State