Would you press a button to guarantee 3 National Championships in 15 years if it meant Iowa got 4 in the same time period?

Press the button?

• Total voters

alenz95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
Let's just say this is football. Yes, Iowa would have more national championships. However, you would never get to legitimately hear about ISU being historically bad again.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Sure. Two basketball and one football for ISU. 4 women's wrestling for Iowa.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
When I first saw this I thought all championships in the same sport. And being basketball or football. If iowa were relegated to some irrelevant sport I would say yes in a heartbeat. If we're talking football or men's basketball I'd say no. I think we're lot closer to that in men's basketball withhout pressing the button.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Yes, with one minor stipulation: Iowa State's first one has to come first. Order of the remainder is negligible.

And I choose men's basketball, easily, from a realism standpoint. ISU is unlikely to win one FB title in a 15-year period, let alone 3, unless we drop to FCS.

• Winner
Reactions: exCYtable

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
If it's football or basketball for us, no question the answer is yes. And that is coming from the person that hates the Hawks as much as Hitler.

1 - We've never gotten to that level.
2 - That would be the greatest stretch of success in Iowa State's history, by many magnitudes.
3 - We'd have a good argument for future realignment.
4 - Iowa has more advantages (NIL, donors, league alignment, media revenue, etc) and a somewhat easier path in the Big 10 (won't be as easy in football now, obviously). If we get 3, that's far more impressive than Iowa getting 4.

• Winner
Reactions: FOREVERTRUE

GoCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Hawks are irrelevant to me. Some of you people need to be less obsessed with them.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Hawks are irrelevant to me. Some of you people need to be less obsessed with them.
I'm not obsessed with Hitler, Putin, Trump, Stalin, Kim Jong Il, Kim Jong Un, or many other of the world's worst people in history, but that doesn't mean I can't hate them with the passion of a million suns.

• Winner
Reactions: GTO and Die4Cy

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
How could anyone possibly vote no on this. Championships live forever.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Do people hate Iowa more than like Iowa State? Embrace debate.

I don’t think people understand how huge for the university and state if it was 3 football national championships.

• Agree
Reactions: Jer and FOREVERTRUE

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Let's just say this is football. Yes, Iowa would have more national championships. However, you would never get to legitimately hear about ISU being historically bad again.

Not to mention that in a 15 year span you'd have almost half the champions come from the state of Iowa. The state of Iowa would become viewed as a hotbed of whichever sport it is (football or basketball) and that would likely contribute to future success going forward. Hell, there's a decent chance in that kind of scenario one of the title games is Iowa vs Iowa State.

Reactions: ClubCy

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Do people hate Iowa more than like Iowa State? Embrace debate.

I don’t think people understand how huge for the university and state if it was 3 football national championships.
For some reason I assumed basketball. Football would definitely change my answer.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Not to mention that in a 15 year span you'd have almost half the champions come from the state of Iowa. The state of Iowa would become viewed as a hotbed of whichever sport it is (football or basketball) and that would likely contribute to future success going forward. Hell, there's a decent chance in that kind of scenario one of the title games is Iowa vs Iowa State.
Those 13-9 with 5 combined turnovers and 600 years of punting in the championship game would be electric. Sign me up.

Help Support Us

Become a patron