• x gon give it to ya.png
    x gon give it to ya.png
    474.7 KB · Views: 10

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Guy is just so good at football, think a lot of teams overthought this and didn’t focus on the tape. Can’t wait to see what he does in Houston.
Agreed. I remember Lazard saying his stock tanked he thought because teams had too much film on him. Could of been something similar here

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Guy is just so good at football, think a lot of teams overthought this and didn’t focus on the tape. Can’t wait to see what he does in Houston.
Agree. He was the glaringly obvious #1 target and they still couldn't stop him. Can't wait to see what he can do against single coverage, even with the tougher competition.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Heard repeated how X didn't score many TDs in conference during the 2022 season. Well no f ****, but it wasn't his fault. Young team, poor running game, substandard OL play, young/new QB, questionable coaching decisions/strategies. He was our go to guy & every team knew it & tried to stop him, but other than the red zone in conference, they could not stop him. He torched a good number of guys repeatedly who were selected ahead of him. Getting selected where he did will be fuel enough. Lots of those in Texas know how bad of a dude he was for us, hence the warm welcome after selecting him. Hope he gets busy & shines.

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
I almost feel like our over reliance on X hurt him this year. That stigma was out there that he was force fed passes, and ultimately it lead to some bad drops being on tape as well.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I almost feel like our over reliance on X hurt him this year. That stigma was out there that he was force fed passes, and ultimately it lead to some bad drops being on tape as well.
I don't know if that was more on Dekkers or Manning, but it was crazy how much he was targeted. Probably also says a lot about the other receivers in that room. Need some guys to make big improvements this year.

• Agree
Reactions: Pizzapitter

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I thought X would go 4th or 5th round. Think the drops hurt him and the 40 time didn't set him apart either.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron