Yormark Interview

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
I thought this was very informative. A big 12 volleyball tournament would be fun. Thinking about a 2 minute ref review like the NBA does. I know I forgot other things he talked about.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
He's going to keep banging the drum for hoops:
"If unequal revenue distribution works for football (CFP), then it needs to be applied to other areas of the system (MBB). If you create value, you should receive value."

On Pro Day -- in addition to NFL scouts, there are reps present from UFL, CFL, WWE and NASCAR.

On Vegas -- a market of importance; entertainment/event capital of the world; a natural fit (for FB Media Days), suggested by new schools. Continue to nationalize the conference.

"Do things that are different. Disrupt, in a positive way."

Exploring a VB championship starting in 2025.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
A Big12 VB Championship sounds like a no brainer. Nice revenue source for the conference. Good visibility event. And a natural considering how youth VB events are run.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Ok, I will admit I had no idea there wasn't already one - it almost escapes common sense to not have one.

None of the P5 leagues do a tournament.

It might make sense for the Big 12, if they decide to play everyone once (14) instead of coming up with an unbalanced 18-match format, and then use those leftover dates for 3-4 tournament matches. The down side is that the tournament would be during Thanksgiving week/weekend.

Help Support Us

Become a patron