Your trash at your tailgate spot.

cyclonemarc

Mar 3, 2013
Newton, IA
Why do some people think it is okay to dump their shot bottles and trash all over the ground while tailgating and then just load up and leave it for the people that clean the lots? You were offered a garbage bag upon entry, USE it. S1 space 9. I wished I would have taken a picture of their license plate before entering the game.

CyJam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Denver, CO
Years ago we came out of the stadium to see a guy dropping his full trash bags in the back of my truck and then walk back to his car. I grabbed the bags and put them on the hood of his car. Everyone in the car looked ashamed and they drove off with the bags still on the hood.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I’m not sure anyone collects cans anymore. At least not in our area. Because we used to do the same thing. Now we try to clean up before we go.

Wonder if its not worth it anymore. 5 cents doesn't go as far as it once did. One of many reasons we probably need to either raise the deposit or get rid of it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
It's the same reason people can't return their shopping carts to the return, laziness. Now I will eat crow and say I have left trash unknowingly (forgetful and rush to get out) in the stadium at my seat. I generally try to throw trash in a dumpster or cans versus on the ground. I wouldn't say I'm the best, but I also will say I'm not the worst in terms of just throwing trash wherever.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Years ago we came out of the stadium to see a guy dropping his full trash bags in the back of my truck and then walk back to his car. I grabbed the bags and put them on the hood of his car. Everyone in the car looked ashamed and they drove off with the bags still on the hood.
I am pretty sure I witnessed this and cheered you on while walking to me car. (or it's happened multiple times which is possible).
Wonder if its not worth it anymore. 5 cents doesn't go as far as it once did. One of many reasons we probably need to either raise the deposit or get rid of it.
There was a guy grabbing cans out of garbage bags on Saturday.

Reactions: CyJam

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
Why do some people think it is okay to dump their shot bottles and trash all over the ground while tailgating and then just load up and leave it for the people that clean the lots? You were offered a garbage bag upon entry, USE it. S1 space 9. I wished I would have taken a picture of their license plate before entering the game.
All three games we haven't been offered a garbage bag. We bring our own, but thought that was weird that wasn't offered anymore. We are in D3

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I’m not sure anyone collects cans anymore. At least not in our area. Because we used to do the same thing. Now we try to clean up before we go.

THIS. We've moved to the paved lots in recent years, but in the old days (Rhoads era for sure), you could leave your empties in a pile and they'd be gone after the game. It doesn't seem like that anymore.

I don't ever get offered the trash bag by the scanner girls, but I bring trash bags and bring my trash home with me.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Boy/Cub Scouts used to do it, usually starting during the game when most people were in the stadium. Did they get banned, or just give up on doing it?

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
The 1st two games, I noticed there was furniture in the dumpster near the lot I park in, talking up a lot of the room before the lots were close to filling up. Obviously some chowderheads dumped it there illegally. The trash had to be set alongside the dumpster because of the loveseat taking up all the room.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I always clean up my area where we sit. I like to keep it tidy, plus I usually have a lot of those little plastic liquor bottles to collect. Don’t want anyone thinking we are big drinkers, and getting a personal email from Jamie.

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
THIS. We've moved to the paved lots in recent years, but in the old days (Rhoads era for sure), you could leave your empties in a pile and they'd be gone after the game. It doesn't seem like that anymore.

I don't ever get offered the trash bag by the scanner girls, but I bring trash bags and bring my trash home with me.
we were offered bags in the first and third games but not iowa. seemed strange

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron