Free - 2 x tickets to see Joe Purdy tonight at 8:00pm at the M-Shop

Wife isn't feeling well so would love for someone to use our tickets to see Joe Purdy at the M-Shop tonight.
And yes, still one of my favorite lines:
Joe Purdy - Ode to Sad Clown

"I got caught in this whistlin' wind
Doing my best to regret these sins
But, Lord, would forgive me
If you know I'm gonna do it again

And it's not that I'm not sorry Lord
Oh, it's just that I'm not strong
Cause when that woman looks at me
I can't remember right from wrong"
Reactions: BurgundyClone

Anyone seen The Batman (2022)? - Spoilers...

Just got home after that and all I can say is....

...that was not a good movie. Pattinson was great and the cinematography was fantastic.

However, the last fifth or so of that movie derailed it entirely. I don't see how everyone is rating this so highly.

The dialogue was forced and forgettable, and the cheated in a lot of scenes. I laughed out loud at the semi trailer forming a perfect ramp, and Batman solves riddles faster than I can do a wordle.

Also, the mayor-elect swimming around perfectly right after being shot was horrendously bad.

One of you is going to have to explain to me why everyone else thinks this is good because i just don't see it

Traveling to Tahoe...needs ideas

Sun Country is having a huge deal on flights. Booked roundtrip tickets to Lake Tahoe/Reno for $128 round trip. That's unheard of.

I've been to Tahoe but it's been a number of years. Better half has never been. Need ideas where is best to stay for those who haven't been there before. Good restaurants, good views, outdoor stuff but not skiing (going early October).

Thanks!
Reactions: MJ29 and Angie

On That Note: Let's Dance

Welcome back to “On That Note,” CF’s weekly music exploration, co-hosted by @MeanDean, @cyclones500 and myself.

With the NCAA Tournament aka "Big Dance" approaching this week we are for songs with the word dance in the TITLE only. We are allowing all forms of the word dance i.e. dancer, danced, dancing etc. We are also allowing compound words with the word dance in it.

Last Week: All of My Senses

NFL: Cyclones in the NFL - 2022-23 Edition

A new thread to discuss the former Cyclones now in the league.
  • AJ Klein ('09-12) - LB, Buffalo Bills Free Agent
  • David Montgomery ('16-18) - RB, Chicago Bears
  • Willie Harvey ('14-18) - LB, Cleveland Browns
  • Allen Lazard ('14-17) - WR, Green Bay Packers
  • Steven Wirtel ('16-19) - LS, Green Bay Packers Waived by GB, Free Agent
  • Michael Jacobson ('18-20) - TE, Indianapolis Colts
  • Landon Akers ('15-20) - WR, Los Angeles Rams
  • Jamal Perry ('12-16) - CB, Miami Dolphins
  • Kene Nwangwu ('16-20) - RB, Minnesota Vikings
  • Dylan Soehner ('16-20) - TE, New Orleans Saints
  • Matt Leo ('16-19) - DE, Philadelphia Eagles

Recruiting: Pair of future Cyclones in action Wednesday

Nebraska Memorial Stadium Market Survey Results

It looks as if Nebraska is in the works of planning an update to Memorial Stadium and is looking to get input from the masses to get thoughts on certain topics surrounding the expansion/remodel of Memorial Stadium. The survey includes quite a few categories that include alcohol and sports gambling.

I know we are not Nebraska fans and "who cares" but I thought it was interesting look into many things that I think we are all asking questions about concerning our fan base from time to time. I think that it would be nice to get this kind of survey from ISU to get a good feel as to where the fans think Jack Trice Stadium should go in the near and distant future.

Big 12 Tournament/P&L Thursday/Weather

It's gonna be cold in KC on Thursday. I know P&L has big above-head heaters they often use but have a feeling this will be one of the coldest days in recent memory during the tournaments. I think many will want to be inside one of the restaurants/bars as much as possible that day so actually emailed a few places to see if they're doing any sort of table reservations and they are. So I just reserved a table for 8. Will be nice to have a home base/place inside!

McFadden's and Shark Bar both are taking reservations, FYI.
  • Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: tzjung and NWICY

Terukina earns at-large

This isn't surprising but good to see it official.

Residential Solar Panels

I've been looking at adding solar to my house. I think about 6000-7000w worth of panels will offset my cost of purchasing from the power company. I would like to do the installation (roof installation, running wires, mounting hardware) myself and then have a licensed electrician "friend" come over and do the final wiring. It looks like ROI might be around 8 years, and I don't plan on moving so after that I can reap the rewards.

Has anyone here done something like this? Who did you purchase panels, inverters, and mounting kit from? Has your ROI been close to what was calculated?

Notebook: Campbell weighs in on Johnson's move to safety, Porter to cornerback and more

Here are some of the highlights from Matt Campbell's first spring practice meeting with the media.

Reactions: khardbored

Higgins calls Big 12 most difficult league in the country to officiate

Guessing there won't be anybody shocked by what Hollywood had to say about the Big 12 on Monday.

Reactions: CyBobby

Westbrick

Maybe he should worry about playing better and earning that $44,000,0000

Campbell on ‘22 Spring FB

I was surprised not to see this Zoom conference already linked.

Two minor nuggets? ‘21 OL had lots of injuries, and Darien Porter is doing well at corner.

NCAA WBB/ESPN Coverage

Branching off a thread in the MBB forum, these are the broadcast windows for the NCAA WBB Tournament:

(all times Central)
SELECTION SUNDAY (March 13): 7:00 (ESPN/ESPN2), 8:00 (ESPN2)

FIRST FOUR (March 16-17)
Wednesday, 3/16 (2 games)
ESPNU: 6:00, 8:00

Thursday, 3/17 (2 games)
ESPN2: 6:00, 8:00

FIRST ROUND (March 18-19)
Friday, 3/18 (16 games)
ESPN: 1:00, 3:00
ESPN2: 10:30 a.m., 12:30, 3:00, 5:00, 7:00, 9:00
ESPNU: 2:00, 4:30, 6:30, 9:00
ESPNews: 12:30, 2:30, 4:30, 6:30

Saturday, 3/19 (16 games)
ABC: 12:00, 2:00
ESPN: 1:00, 3:00
ESPN2: 10:30 a.m., 12:30, 2:30, 4:30, 7:00, 9:00
ESPNU: 1:30, 4:00, 8:00, 10:30
ESPNews: 4:30, 6:30

SECOND ROUND (March 20-21)
Sunday, 3/20 (8 games)
ABC: 12:00, 2:00
ESPN: 1:00, 3:00, 6:00, 8:00
ESPN2: 2:00, 4:00

Monday, 3/21 (8 games)
ESPN: 6:00, 8:00
ESPN2: 3:00, 5:00, 7:00, 9:00
ESPNU: 6:00, 8:00

REGIONAL SEMIFINALS (March 25-26)
Friday, 3/25 (4 games)
ESPN: 6:00, 8:30 (Greensboro or Spokane)
ESPN2: 6:00, 8:30 (Greensboro or Spokane)

Saturday, 3/26 (4 games)
ESPN: 10:30 a.m, 1:00 (Bridgeport)
ESPN2: 3:00, 5:30 (Wichita)

REGIONAL FINALS (March 27-28)
Sunday, 3/27 (2 games)
ESPN: 6:00 (Greensboro), 8:00 (Spokane)

Monday, 3/28 (2 games)
ESPN: 6:00, 8:00 (Bridgeport, Wichita; time assignments TBD)

FINAL FOUR (April 1, 3)
Semifinals: 6:00, 8:30
Championship: 5:00

Filter