Wrestling Team to meet Pollard at 3:00 today?

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
I'd be fine with that (Jackson hiring). I would love it if Douglas was somehow involved to help Jackson learn the college coaching ropes. Jackson's attitude and experience and Douglas' knowledge and experience could be a damn fine team.

If Douglas does agree to come back, I think us Cyclone fans would owe him a permanent place in our hearts.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I'm waiting for 2forISU to post something confirming a 3 p.m. meeting and a possible coach. 2forISU has been right on.

Also, it's funny that DM Register hasn't had any breaking news on its Web site concerning the team meeting. They can be slow, but not this slow.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I'd be fine with that (Jackson hiring). I would love it if Douglas was somehow involved to help Jackson learn the college coaching ropes. Jackson's attitude and experience and Douglas' knowledge and experience could be a damn fine team.

If Douglas does agree to come back, I think us Cyclone fans would owe him a permanent place in our hearts.

Yep. Best option at this point, best chance at keeping wrestlers and recruits too.

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
Yep, hence why he had a meeting with the team right after Cael left and actually asked what they wanted in their next coach (straight from a wrestler).

While I was joking about the committee of one (the president has to approve too), (see edited version with the sarcasm pirate), asking for input on qualities in a candidate is different than asking for input on a choice between finalists.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
While I was joking about the committee of one (the president has to approve too), (see edited version with the sarcasm pirate), asking for input on qualities in a candidate is different than asking for input on a choice between finalists.

Eventually somebody has t omake the decision between candidates. Wouldn't he be side-stepping his responsibilities if he wasn't the one to do so? It sounds like he has sought out, and received, input from multiple parties. I'm sure that input has included who they thought was the best option. Unless I'm missing something Pollard is doing exactly what he should be doing.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I can confirm the 3PM meeting. I can't confirm a press conference.

JP made another run at Terry Brands. Shot down again.

I think Bobby Douglas is going to be involved with the program again.

Did you get a new source or are you just throwing crap out there like before?

I'll stick with Kurt Angle, Marty Jannetty and the Big Boss Man...

SPOONER

Apr 16, 2009
I actually heard early this morning from a reliable source that jackson was offered last night. So I would put my money on Jackson being named coach before the weekend.

I heard the same.

But then someone else told me it WON'T be Jackson.

Final prediction (I swear): Jackson

SPOONER

Apr 16, 2009
Did you get a new source or are you just throwing crap out there like before?

I'll stick with Kurt Angle, Marty Jannetty and the Big Boss Man...

I never throw crap out in the sense that I'm making things up. It may be info that turns out to be crap but they are from connected people that I trust.

For instance, I heard on Saturday that it was Heskett with an announcement within a day or two. I think that person took an interview to mean he would be the hire. That was clearly not the case.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I never throw crap out in the sense that I'm making things up. It may be info that turns out to be crap but they are from connected people that I trust.

For instance, I heard on Saturday that it was Heskett with an announcement within a day or two. I think that person took an interview to mean he would be the hire. That was clearly not the case.

So apparently they're not all that connected...are you 0 for 2 or 0 for 3 now? :wideeyed:

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I don't claim to have any...but I could just start naming someone every other day if you like? :wink:

Well, I'd like that better than alot of other "news" that happens here. :smile:

I for one appreciate SPOONER's efforts. I don't know him from anyone I pass on the street - he may be some jerk yanking our chains with all this, but I don't think he is.

As it is, he and one or two others seem to have the only insight there is. And I give them credit for putting a name out there, right or wrong, and not the the congratulatory "pat oneself on the back" posting of "oh, I got good news today, but can't tell you what it is" we see so often.