Wrestling Team to meet Pollard at 3:00 today?

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
But he plans for his plans to be changed so in effect his plans DON'T change because his plan incorporates change thus it doesn't change.

:wideeyed::confused::biglaugh:

Translation: Pollard plans for changes.

Just jerking your chain a little, SpokaneCy. :wink: It's a good post.

cykitt

Sep 20, 2007
drop wrestling bring back baseball:jimlad:

Why???
So 20 people can show up to a baseball game?? And not even make money at the gates?

Wrestling is one of the most followed sports in Iowa... when iowa state and iowa had the most attendence per dual meet last year! Wrestlingmay not break even at Iowa State but I'm sure it would do alot better the a damn baseball team.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Why???
So 20 people can show up to a baseball game?? And not even make money at the gates?

Wrestling is one of the most followed sports in Iowa... when iowa state and iowa had the most attendence per dual meet last year! Wrestlingmay not break even at Iowa State but I'm sure it would do alot better the a damn baseball team.

Sarcasm pirate dude. Sarcasm pirate.

Reactions: MidwestZest

Schfinkter

Dec 3, 2008
Dandy's House
I'm still not sold on Kevin Jackson as coach, I feel like that is to obvious of a choice and pollard doesn't roll like that. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

SPOONER

Apr 16, 2009
See--if you post enough names, sooner or later you are right.

I have my reservations about the hire. I thought we could get someone with a more favorable background, but I definitely DO like the guy! I think he'll do very well. His passion is a huge plus.

Word on the street is that he may bring Bobby D back into the program a la what Gable did at Iowa.

Good luck, Coach Jackson!

Last edited:

SPOONER

Apr 16, 2009
As someone who knows Jamie Pollard, I disagree with you. He does not operate on the flavor of the day principal. He has a plan, does his due dilligence and works to get the job done. It doesn't change by the minute. It may in the rumor mill and on message boards, and that's just fine. It keeps it interesting.

Pollard exchanged thoughts and opinions with well-connected members of the wrestling community. During such conversations he indicated perferences--sometimes strong preferences--towards one candidate or another.

That's all I will say on the subject.