"Classy" Nebraska fans boo own team

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
Ask any Nebraska fan and they will tell you that they are the "classiest and best fans in America." Well, yesterday they booed their own team all game long. And, it wasn't just a few fans, it was the majority of fans at the game. Shame on you Husker fans!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Ask any Nebraska fan and they will tell you that they are the "classiest and best fans in America." Well, yesterday they booed their own team all game long. And, it wasn't just a few fans, it was the majority of fans at the game. Shame on you Husker fans!

It was a classy booing, probably one of the best booings in America yesterday.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
FWIW, there's been some booing in JTS the last few years...
That may be true but it wasn't to the degree it was in Lincoln yesterday. They were booing all game long and of the 86,000 in attendence I would guess that 70,000 of them were booing.

bigB

May 30, 2008
I fairly certain the student section booed after Mahoney's last miss.........

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Cyclone fans, I'ma let you finish, but the Huskers had one of the biggest home-team-booings of all time! OF ALL TIME!

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
if the offense plays like crap, you deserve to get booed, regardless of the fan base that's doing it.

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
this is funny, I've never experienced or known a fan base that pats itself on the back more than husker fan. Isn't there an engraving on the wall near a memorial stadium entrance that says "through these doors pass the greatest fans in america" or something of that nature?

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Every single fan base in the history of the world has boo'ed their own team. Iowa State fans have done it several times.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
FWIW, there's been some booing in JTS the last few years...

The only boos I heard during the game last Saturday night were directed at the referees. I booed very loud, along with everyone else in my section, when they called Arnaud for excessive celebration.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
if the offense plays like crap, you deserve to get booed, regardless of the fan base that's doing it.

I try not to note what fans should/shouldn't do - but I find booing collegiate athletes to be pathetic. These kids spend more hours during the week between classwork and practice/games/travel than many here spend working in two weeks.

It's just not deserved.

Reactions: Gordyo5

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I try not to note what fans should/shouldn't do - but I find booing collegiate athletes to be pathetic. These kids spend more hours during the week between classwork and practice/games/travel than many here spend working in two weeks.

It's just not deserved.

I agree. I have no doubt that people don't want to be heckled at their own job when something doesn't go right, but then have no problem tearing into 18-22 year old kids/young men when something doesn't meet their expectations.

We're still talking about college kids here.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
Yep heard it over the radio. Morons.
Really?? Did his performance deserve the entire student section to stand up and cheer? Certainly not!

I can handle the miss from 50 yards, wasn't upset with that, but then the first one in that 35-40 yard range was tough to swallow, and then the final one he missed :no:. It showed me that he obviously did not come to the stadium ready to play.