My Analysis(As worthless as it seems)

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
While it stinks, I'm willing to give GMac another 3yrs or so before I would jump ship. Once he gets it figured out, it will remain for a long time IMO.

Better bet than the unknown of a new coach.

You are dead wrong.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Coach macs recruiting is fine. In order to be in the big 12 you need athletes and he went out and got a few. Its the coaching of these athletes that hurts him. I also think his offense blows and that frustrates players as well. Also, im so sick of his man to man defense that i wish we could just go to a 2-3 zone or a 3-2 zone or a fricken 1-3-1 zone and say screw it.

On the offense, over the past 3 years, I have read and listened to fans who have blasted his offense and how good players don't want to play that way, they want to run and gun, he's got to put away that stiffling playbook and let them play.

It seems we are never happy.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Haha...Damn it, fire everybody. Somebody should check the bank account first...wasting your time with this argument.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I am a betting man. As a betting man you have to play the odds.

Based on the recent past history of ISU basketball that last statement is simply incorrect. The better bet would be the new coach.

I assume all of you who believe we should give Gmac 7 years to figure this out were all for giving Morgan 4 more years as well? Or maybe 6 more years, considering he had much more sucess early on in his tenure as head coach?

Nothing against Gmac, I am just trying to understand where this double standard comes from. A moderately successful coach deserved to be canned after one poor season, but an unsuccessful coach deserves 7 years? I would love an explanation.

Me too. Let's hear the "rationale" for this double standard.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I agree with you!
Now that deserves a Tecmo Bowl High Five.
TecmoBowl.bmp

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
My thought is this. I know you guys are now sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for my brilliant thougts. However I say we keep Mac 2 more years. First off we can't afford his buyout. Second The football team should be rolling along pretty good at that point so we will be winning at least one sport.
3rd we have a young team still. Granted we are losing Brackins, Gilstrap and a few others. However Lucca will be a senor, Christopherson will be a junior or senor and we will have some good recruits coming in. Either that or we pay Gmac 4.5 million dollars. Not have enough money to do crap. Lose half of the basketball team. Might not get a better coach anyway. That is my thoughts.
I say support the team now. Support them next year. Then if we hae not won we cut the guy lose.

Reactions: PGreen ISU '92

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
My thought is this. I know you guys are now sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for my brilliant thougts. However I say we keep Mac 2 more years. First off we can't afford his buyout. Second The football team should be rolling along pretty good at that point so we will be winning at least one sport.
3rd we have a young team still. Granted we are losing Brackins, Gilstrap and a few others. However Lucca will be a senor, Christopherson will be a junior or senor and we will have some good recruits coming in. Either that or we pay Gmac 4.5 million dollars. Not have enough money to do crap. Lose half of the basketball team. Might not get a better coach anyway. That is my thoughts.
I say support the team now. Support them next year. Then if we hae not won we cut the guy lose.

Quit making sense:wink:

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I'll support the team regardless. But you've lost your ******* mind if you think I'll support GMac for two more years of **** poor basketball.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I'll support the team regardless. But you've lost your ******* mind if you think I'll support GMac for two more years of **** poor basketball.

No offense but what else will you do in the winter time. You don't ahve to give him a hug or nothing. You can gripe all you want but he is going to be here so you might as well get on board.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Our problem is rebounding from the guard position.

That's just not true. How was our post rebounding on the defensive end against Duke? Terrible

Zoubek 4 rebounds
Plumlee 3
Singler 4
Plumlee 1
Thomas 1

That is 13 rebounds from their "big guys" (all guys over 6'8). They only got 2 offensive rebounds from guards. So it isn't like our guards are the ones who rebounded poorly. Brackins only had 2 rebounds last game! 2!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Haha...Damn it, fire everybody. Somebody should check the bank account first...wasting your time with this argument.

This is a good point. As a Cyclone fan, there's no reason to get mad at Mdermott for the mess our basketball program was in. If our Athletic Dept was competent, he'd have 2 years left on his deal and we could move on if need be. If our Athletic Dept's didn't hand out purely idiotic contract extensions based on Jiri Hubalek driving the wrong car, we wouldn't be in this situation.

What a stupid, ridiculously incompetent clause that was in the contract. Great work by Gmac's agent, terrible work by the ISU AD Dept. 3 year extension (on top of a lengthy 6 year contract) for absolutely nothing. Crazy to think about what they were thinking (or not thinking of) when they signed off on that.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
No offense but what else will you do in the winter time. You don't ahve to give him a hug or nothing. You can gripe all you want but he is going to be here so you might as well get on board.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Get on board with something I totally disagree with?

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
That's just not true. How was our post rebounding on the defensive end against Duke? Terrible

Zoubek 4 rebounds
Plumlee 3
Singler 4
Plumlee 1
Thomas 1

That is 13 rebounds from their "big guys" (all guys over 6'8). They only got 2 offensive rebounds from guards. So it isn't like our guards are the ones who rebounded poorly. Brackins only had 2 rebounds last game! 2!

I agree...Brackins needs more than 2 rebounds. Brackins is also the least of our worries. I think they had 19(give or take) offensive rebounds; most of which were long rebounds(guards) or blocked shots. Does no good to block a shot if we're not going to get the ball.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
An All American big man with only 2 rebounds is the least of our worries. That says it all.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
An All American big man with only 2 rebounds is the least of our worries. That says it all.

Does Brackins need to do better? Yes...

Do you think Duke has any All Americans that are just going to give him the ball? Was Brackins getting a double?

Last edited:

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA

This is a great post. Seriously. You should change your User Name to Knows All or at least Knows Something.