Hamilton will play on Wednesday

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
People are saying it's going to be ugly because the same problems we were having from the 1st game of the season, we are still seeing right now; mainly rebounding. Why would one think it's magically going to improve against a good rebounding team in Texas?

If whining makes you feel better...by all means, whine away...I just don't see the point.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Good to know that Justin is playing on Wednesday. I know it seems silly to suggest that we missed him on Saturday, but I think we did. Obviously, we shouldn't have needed him, but he would have helped.

I just hope that whatever ailes these guys mentally or chemistry wise is getting better. I see no signs of that, but a girl can always hope.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Watch the NDSU game again (if you can stomach it). Our guards struggle to stop dribble penetration and in that game there was nobody to slide over on defense. That is what Ham is so good at it. He is always in the right place defensively. Dendy? Well let's just say after watching the replay of the NDSU game I would hope that McDermott is making him run stairs. He walked on defense!! So lazy on the defensive end it makes me sick. But he sure does run hard down on the offensive end!!

Yeah, I gave him credit on D. He is one of our better defenders. My disappointment come from the offensive end, and his rebounding. I expected more from him in those areas this year. That being said, it seems to be more of a team thing right now.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Watch the NDSU game again (if you can stomach it). Our guards struggle to stop dribble penetration and in that game there was nobody to slide over on defense. That is what Ham is so good at it. He is always in the right place defensively. Dendy? Well let's just say after watching the replay of the NDSU game I would hope that McDermott is making him run stairs. He walked on defense!! So lazy on the defensive end it makes me sick. But he sure does run hard down on the offensive end!!

That's a juco player. Hopefully, Dendy will figure out that you have to work harder on defense than you do on offense.

As an aside, I thought Christofferson was pretty decent on defense Saturday, especially late in the game. He at least works hard.

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Also, blocking too many shots from behind, which means we are out of positon.

Key point here with all the negativity we had about blocking a lot of shots. Primary defender blocking from behind, bad. Help defender blocking from behind, OK. Primary defender blocking from the front, good.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Key point here with all the negativity we had about blocking a lot of shots. Primary defender blocking from behind, bad. Help defender blocking from behind, OK. Primary defender blocking from the front, good.

Kind of ties into rebounding too...Offensive guys ends up with the inside position. We are jumping out of the gym on shot fakes too. Don't really understand why...

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Slow start, but last few games he has really played well.

Even during the slow start, he was playing decently. He almost always boxes his man out. Lately he's even been going after the boards. He's almost always in the right spot defensively. Many times, he's at his spot which prevents a guy from even attempting to drive. Stuff like that is not seen by most fans.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Yeah, I gave him credit on D. He is one of our better defenders. My disappointment come from the offensive end, and his rebounding. I expected more from him in those areas this year. That being said, it seems to be more of a team thing right now.

I'm not sure what more you could ask for him offensively. He's shoting 75% or something rediculous like that.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
If someone would have told me the key to our season was lying on the shoulders of Big Ham I would have considered they crazy. Love Ham but if he is the key to our success we got serious problems.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
If someone would have told me the key to our season was lying on the shoulders of Big Ham I would have considered they crazy. Love Ham but if he is the key to our success we got serious problems.

How good would the 2000 team had been if Stevie Johnson wasn't on the team?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Maybe I just expected way more out of Hamilton this year, but I would argue that he has not been playing well at all this year. Defensively he is doing decent on guarding the opponents big man, but other than that, I have been pretty disappointed in him this year.

His last two games have been his best two of the year. He is also playing tough and rebounding hard lately. He had some weak games early on in the year but came on lately.

We really missed him against NDSU.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Thats tooo funny. There aren't many players in the country that can do that job and you think Ham can? get real.

Well, he can do a much better job of it than Dendy or Dorr. That's the point he was making.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I'm not sure what more you could ask for him offensively. He's shoting 75% or something rediculous like that.

Maybe its just me, but Id prefer him to average more than 2.79 shots per game and more than 3.43 rebounds per game.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I haven't looked up any stats, but I think Hamilton played well against Texas last year. We actually played them tough at their place.

This team needs Hamilton's presence. He seems to be in the right place at the right time more often than not.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Maybe its just me, but Id prefer him to average more than 2.79 shots per game and more than 3.43 rebounds per game.

I would too, but its not like he's passing up shots. He just hasn't been a main option on offense. Typically if we are posting up someone down low, its going to be Brackins or Gilstrap as it should be. I would like to see Hamilton get more opportunities and its likely that he will.

Definately needs to be getting more boards, but the NDSU showed us how badly we need him in there to at least box someone out.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I would too, but its not like he's passing up shots. He just hasn't been a main option on offense. Typically if we are posting up someone down low, its going to be Brackins or Gilstrap as it should be. I would like to see Hamilton get more opportunities and its likely that he will.

Definately needs to be getting more boards, but the NDSU showed us how badly we need him in there to at least box someone out.

Again I agree, and am excited that he is only missing one game with the concussion. After last year, I just personally had higher aspirations for Ham this year, and he has not met them. Hopefully the Duke game gave him a boost for conference play, and he starts to meet the ability I think he has.

Help Support Us

Become a patron