Hamilton will play on Wednesday

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Good news, at least we have somebody to guard Pitman. Ham has been playing pretty well lately.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Maybe I just expected way more out of Hamilton this year, but I would argue that he has not been playing well at all this year. Defensively he is doing decent on guarding the opponents big man, but other than that, I have been pretty disappointed in him this year.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Maybe I just expected way more out of Hamilton this year, but I would argue that he has not been playing well at all this year. Defensively he is doing decent on guarding the opponents big man, but other than that, I have been pretty disappointed in him this year.

Slow start, but last few games he has really played well.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Yikes - the good news is that Ham is healthy and recovered from a concussion vs Duke.

The bad news is he's got to guard Pittman in his first game back from a concussion.

If you thought guarding Zoubek is a tough assignment, just wait till he sees Pittman.

I mean this with the most respect - would it really matter if Ham was able to play,or not? This could get ugly, and as one poster said earlier, this means we'll only get out-rebounded by 27!!

It will be interesting to see how many Offensive Ribbies UT gets; considering North Dak State had something like 18 against us.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Maybe we should just call Texas and forfeit. IMO, we should at least play the game before the whining starts.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Im excited hes back. Just hope this doesnt turn in to a long term Steve Young thing. Was it just a mild concussion?

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Im excited hes back. Just hope this doesnt turn in to a long term Steve Young thing. Was it just a mild concussion?

From my understanding...yes, but I don't know much about concussions.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

Watch the NDSU game again (if you can stomach it). Our guards struggle to stop dribble penetration and in that game there was nobody to slide over on defense. That is what Ham is so good at it. He is always in the right place defensively. Dendy? Well let's just say after watching the replay of the NDSU game I would hope that McDermott is making him run stairs. He walked on defense!! So lazy on the defensive end it makes me sick. But he sure does run hard down on the offensive end!!

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Maybe we should just call Texas and forfeit. IMO, we should at least play the game before the whining starts.

People are saying it's going to be ugly because the same problems we were having from the 1st game of the season, we are still seeing right now; mainly rebounding. Why would one think it's magically going to improve against a good rebounding team in Texas?

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Coach talked about it before the NDSU game. He said they didn't think it was anything at first, he was elbowed just beneath the eye. But then after the game he showed concussion symptoms and still had them on friday. He also said Ham has a history of concussions, going back to age 14.

So it certainly could turn into a long term thing, lets hope that he never gets another one.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Watch the NDSU game again (if you can stomach it). Our guards struggle to stop dribble penetration and in that game there was nobody to slide over on defense. That is what Ham is so good at it. He is always in the right place defensively. Dendy? Well let's just say after watching the replay of the NDSU game I would hope that McDermott is making him run stairs. He walked on defense!! So lazy on the defensive end it makes me sick. But he sure does run hard down on the offensive end!!

I agree, we are doing a lot of walking/running trying to play defense...instead of sitting down and sliding.