Easy Classes

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Music 102 and 304
Management 310 (for the entrepreneurial studies minor). Taken during the evening, if the same prof is still teaching it that was a few years ago, the 3 hour a week class will never go longer than an hour.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Is HDFS 276 still taught by Corly Peterson (I think she has a different last name now, though)? If so, she's great...one of my faves.
Don't remember my professor's name, but I know that wasn't it.

Edit: Amy Popillion

Last edited:

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Any of the PE classes, but you don't pick up much credit with them.

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
American Indian Studies 210 is a classic athlete class. By far the easiet A I got. Just make sure you talk about how American Indians always have and continue to get screwed over by white people and you'll be fine.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
American Indian Studies 210 is a classic athlete class. By far the easiet A I got. Just make sure you talk about how American Indians always have and continue to get screwed over by white people and you'll be fine.

hahaha. I finished my final in 7 minutes. It was great.

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
Music 304. Need an intro course. Sole reason I'm taking Music 102.

HDFS 276 (Human Sexuality)
The 100 level Kiniesology
ComSci 103 = easiest A on campus
Huh. It was still Music 104 when I took it (almost a decade ago. Ouch.) Took 102 one semester, 104 the next.

Aside from a few final 400-level JLMC classes and marketing classes for my minor, my senior year was mostly 100-level classes and 1-credit PE. Best schedule ever.

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames
I took Astronomy at ISU and loved it but I wouldn't say it was easy. I got an A, but it did require some work. Memorization in the lab on the stars, and a lot of physics. Not sure if it has changed or not.

I thought Geology was 100, not 101. Can't remember. We called it rocks for jocks back in the day, and it was anything but easy. Unless you are fascinated by rocks, avoid it.

For me, outside of Calculus and a nasty Marketing Research class, a few of the 100 level classes were the hardest I had at ISU. Broad subject matter, and they could test you on about anything. Psych 101 was a biotch when I went there..........

Last edited:

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Sociology classes are super easy because they are all essays you can BS your way through. You will also have the benefit of having half the football team in your class. Creative writing classes are super easy as well.

isucy1234

Apr 2, 2009

hahaha. I finished my final in 7 minutes. It was great.

Really? I've got it scheduled next semester. What's so easy about it? This news makes my day haha.

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
Really? I've got it scheduled next semester. What's so easy about it? This news makes my day haha.

Common sense and the fact that the professor will tell you exactly what will be on the test. At least my prof. did. And like I said, make sure your essays are based around "Boo hoo for the Indians", outlining how white settlers bent them over and continue to do so. I'm not trying to be racist or uncultured or anything, that's just the philosophy I used and I got an easy (and maybe my only) A.

Oh yeah, and we were able to convince our professor to give us the Friday of VEISHEA off just because it was VEISHEA.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006

I can throw in another vote for this. That said, I made my life a little more difficult by refusing to buy into some of the propaganda that got spewed in that class. I still managed my A, but it takes a little more work after you put the grad student teaching it in their place a couple of times.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I took Astronomy at ISU and loved it but I wouldn't say it was easy. I got an A, but it did require some work. Memorization in the lab on the stars, and a lot of physics. Not sure if it has changed or not.

I thought Geology was 100, not 101. Can't remember. We called it rocks for jocks back in the day, and it was anything but easy. Unless you are fascisnated by rocks, avoid it.

For me, uutside of Calculus and a nasty Marketing Research class, a few of the 100 level classes were the hardest I had at ISU. Broad subject matter, and they could test you on about anything. Psych 101 was a biotch when I went there..........
They have both 100 and 101. I took 101 and it was easy. As long as you just went to class and paid attention, easy class.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
They changed history of rock and roll from 104 to 304? I thought that class was WAY easier than Music 102 was and for 102 all you had to do was show up for class to get a passing grade.

English 313 is really easy, it's basic web design. I was the only business major in a class mostly of English and Communication majors so being a MIS major I can say I thought the material was very basic even for someone who knows little about computers. Even the non-IT related majors in the class didn't have much problems with the material and it's mostly hands on work in a computer lab if they haven't changed it up much since I took it.

Political Science 251 was pretty easy too, it's basically World Politics and doesn't get too in depth just a broad overview of the different political systems around the world.

MIS 330 for anyone that doesn't have to take it already. ComSci 103 is the easy pre-req for it which I think everyone has to take anyways which is basically computers for dummies class the MIS 330 is cake too especially if Choobineh is still teaching it.

Is there a course catalog online somewhere, I'm sure I can find a few more of the easy courses I took if I could look over the descriptions because I know some of them have probably changed since I graduated in 2002.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I thought Geology was 100, not 101. Can't remember. We called it rocks for jocks back in the day, and it was anything but easy. Unless you are fascinated by rocks, avoid it.

For me, outside of Calculus and a nasty Marketing Research class, a few of the 100 level classes were the hardest I had at ISU. Broad subject matter, and they could test you on about anything. Psych 101 was a biotch when I went there..........

Rocks for jocks my arse! Was told that was an easy class, turned out me and the 3 guys on our floor signed up with the wrong prof as he mostly taught grad level courses so that class sucked for us!

Yeah, some of those 100 and 200 level classes sucked. I tried taking intro world religions which was 205 (I think it may have been 100 level when I was there) and I have never failed a test worse than I did in that class in my entire life. I got like a 30% on the first exam and immediately dropped the class. NEVER had taken a tougher class than that one my entire time at ISU and that is saying a lot after taking some of my tougher 400 level classes.

I think some of these classes all depends on the prof, some are really good and others make the class much tougher than it should be.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Religion 205 was ridiculously easy in the spring of 2008. Of course, it was cancelled 7 times throughout the semester, had no homework, and exams were take home. Professor was relieved of his duties. :wideeyed:

Reactions: LeaningCy

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Common sense and the fact that the professor will tell you exactly what will be on the test. At least my prof. did. And like I said, make sure your essays are based around "Boo hoo for the Indians", outlining how white settlers bent them over and continue to do so. I'm not trying to be racist or uncultured or anything, that's just the philosophy I used and I got an easy (and maybe my only) A.

Oh yeah, and we were able to convince our professor to give us the Friday of VEISHEA off just because it was VEISHEA.

I used to snore so loud in the back of the class that they used to have to wake me up and the professor was just like, "go ahead and head home, notes are on the internet"

I remember one of the final questions was, "Do Indians still run around with head dresses and throwing spears"

The answer to that one is No btw...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron