Easy Classes

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I thought psych 101 was pretty easy. Don't mean it as a slam on the course, it was also one of the most enjoyable classes I ever took. And back in my day (mid-90's) if you participated in 12 research experiments it boosted you a full letter grade. Don't worry, there were no electric shocks or anal probes...that I recall.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Wrong. 370 suuuuuuccccckkkkksssss with a couple of the professors.

Yup! This one is probably one of the worst:

vblackbu.jpg

I had Blackburn the semester of 9/11 and she wouldn't stop talking about it after it happened. Nothing worse than a 90 minute class and about 60 minutes of it she babbled on about useless stuff like how dirty the floors were at her coffee shop or some rude driver flipped her off or anything other pointless thing she could rant about that had nothing to do with the class. By the end of the semester I bet maybe 25% of the class was still actually going to lecture because she rarely presented anything useful in lecture that you couldn't read the textbook about and expect to see on an exam.
http://www.business.iastate.edu/files/main/images/Faculty_Staff/headshots/vblackbu.jpg

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Accounting 215 which is business law was a cake class too, especially with Larry Curtis (aka the former mayor of Ames)

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Religion 205 was ridiculously easy in the spring of 2008. Of course, it was cancelled 7 times throughout the semester, had no homework, and exams were take home. Professor was relieved of his duties. :wideeyed:

Did you have Rietveldt for that? I'm pretty sure I was in that class... but who knows. I was there all of like 8 times and still got a B.

Oh, and for those of you saying Music 102, take it in person. The online sounds good in theory, but the concert reports totally blow. I think in the actual class you just have to sign in.

Other easy classes:

HDFS 240 - childrens lit... popillion basically just reads childrens books to you...
MIS 330 - Choobineh just talks about google the whole time..

If you are a history guy at all, find any Poli Sci class with Mansbach, he is quite possibly insane, but awesome.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Yup! This one is probably one of the worst:

vblackbu.jpg

I had Blackburn the semester of 9/11 and she wouldn't stop talking about it after it happened. Nothing worse than a 90 minute class and about 60 minutes of it she babbled on about useless stuff like how dirty the floors were at her coffee shop or some rude driver flipped her off or anything other pointless thing she could rant about that had nothing to do with the class. By the end of the semester I bet maybe 25% of the class was still actually going to lecture because she rarely presented anything useful in lecture that you couldn't read the textbook about and expect to see on an exam.

hey now, i had blackburn for mgmt 478 and she was pretty cool. and she pretty much told you exactly what to prep for on tests... the 2nd was even optional if you got a B or above on the first.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I thought psych 101 was pretty easy. Don't mean it as a slam on the course, it was also one of the most enjoyable classes I ever took. And back in my day (mid-90's) if you participated in 12 research experiments it boosted you a full letter grade. Don't worry, there were no electric shocks or anal probes...that I recall.

I would agree with this as well. Psych 101 was easy and interesting, which made for a nice combo. And there were tons of extra credit opportunities with experiments in case you did slip up. Plus, once you are through it you can go on to take like 230 or 280 which are really just more of the same.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
For math classes, if you wind up getting this guy RUN to your academic advisor and find a way to get into a section with a different prof: Iowa State University Department of Mathematics

WeerasingheAnanda0685.jpg

He is TERRIBLE and I'm not the only person I know that agrees with this! One of my friends said his TA told his section to forget anything he taught in lecture because he would teach the better way in recitation section.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Accounting 215 which is business law was a cake class too, especially with Larry Curtis (aka the former mayor of Ames)
DEFINITELY true. Same applies to his 316 class (worst grade you can get is a B)
Did you have Rietveldt for that? I'm pretty sure I was in that class... but who knows. I was there all of like 8 times and still got a B.
Yep. One of the biggest joke classes I've taken in college. I'm still convinced he didn't have a clue.

370 is the intro class isn't it? Guess I got lucky with whoever my professor was.
Blackburn and I don't remember the name of the professor I had this semester (dropped it) are AWFUL professors.

dukeebear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 30, 2006
Ames
Any hot professors (lecturers) anymore? There was when I was in school. : )

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
hey now, i had blackburn for mgmt 478 and she was pretty cool. and she pretty much told you exactly what to prep for on tests... the 2nd was even optional if you got a B or above on the first.

Must have been the semester I had her because she is one of my least favorite profs. I didn't do bad in her class by any means but I couldn't stand her lectures because it was one of the few classes I took that I actually got way more from reading the text than I did her lecture. Again, our first month or so the lecture hall was packed full, by the end of the semester I bet you could put everyone that showed up in the first 3 rows.

HawkFanISUalum

May 17, 2009
Iowa City, IA
I don't remember what the number is, but there was an English class that focused on Science Fiction. It was a great class. Oddly enough, myself and my friend who were the only non-English majors in the room, were also the only two people to get an A in the class. All of the English majors got Bs and Cs. You see some interesting people in that class.

Cyclone2424

Feb 8, 2009
Common sense and the fact that the professor will tell you exactly what will be on the test. At least my prof. did. And like I said, make sure your essays are based around "Boo hoo for the Indians", outlining how white settlers bent them over and continue to do so. I'm not trying to be racist or uncultured or anything, that's just the philosophy I used and I got an easy (and maybe my only) A.

Oh yeah, and we were able to convince our professor to give us the Friday of VEISHEA off just because it was VEISHEA.

Who was your prof for this class?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I used to snore so loud in the back of the class that they used to have to wake me up and the professor was just like, "go ahead and head home, notes are on the internet"

I remember one of the final questions was, "Do Indians still run around with head dresses and throwing spears"

The answer to that one is No btw...

That would be incorrect - the answer is an obvious and resounding YES if you've ever been to a Florida State home game...