What is/was your GPA?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I just loved the people who bragged about their GPA and then when you asked them their major they told you and they were still embarrassed even though their GPA was through the roof.

hawkfan

Feb 18, 2009
zing.

you never answered about the hat. flat brim or regular?

LOL! If you must know, I prefer a beer helmet, both sides loaded with natty light. I sit in the front row with a mullet coming out the back of my beer hat, a wife beater, and my tattoo that says "I luv momma"on my shoulder exposed to the world.

Does that help?

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
LOL! If you must know, I prefer a beer helmet, both sides loaded with natty light. I sit in the front row with a mullet coming out the back of my beer hat, a wife beater, and my tattoo that says "I luv momma" exposed to the world.

Does that help?

no, the real you will be far funnier than your witty banter.

Last edited:

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I just loved the people who bragged about their GPA and then when you asked them their major they told you and they were still embarrassed even though their GPA was through the roof.

I'm pretty sure I could have gotten a good GPA no matter what major I chose. I'm just saying. I wasn't in school for the degree anyway ... well, not until later. I was in school so I didn't have to go to work and I could party some more. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
From a semester low of .33 to a semester high of 4.0 and a LONG break inbetween --- I posted a 3.5 on my resume which was my GPA AFTER returning from my flunkout but overall with my first dismal semesters I was 3.1.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Never been asked for my GPA in a job interview.

My advice to current students:
Party
Get Drunk
Sleep with people you don't know
Study when you are too tired to do the things above

ddisu

Nov 11, 2009
Toledo

Party
Get Drunk

This right here is all around good advice. If you're still in school write this down. Make a poster of it and hang it on your wall.

ddisu

Nov 11, 2009
Toledo
My senior year I was taking one tougher class, Econ 432. It wasn't that tough but I only went to about 1/3 of the classes. After the first test, I switched that class to pass/fail and changed my perspective on that class.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I graduated with a 2.63, in ConE. Was on temp enrollment for about a year, after one semester in EE. Just wasn't nerdy enough, and zero experience with computers. Anyone remember writing programs on punchcards? Oh, and I still have occasional nightmares about missing a class for most of the semester by accident. Somehow, I always wind up realizing that I forgot to put my pants on in those dreams, too.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I graduated with a 2.63, in ConE. Was on temp enrollment for about a year, after one semester in EE. Just wasn't nerdy enough, and zero experience with computers. Anyone remember writing programs on punchcards? Oh, and I still have occasional nightmares about missing a class for most of the semester by accident. Somehow, I always wind up realizing that I forgot to put my pants on in those dreams, too.

That is funny, I still have that one about twice a year for some reason.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Double degree, Graphic Design and Fine Art.

I didn't see the sun for 4 years since I was in the Design Center day and night.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA

Party
Get Drunk

At many engineering career fairs, the first question they ask is GPA and it can immediately exclude you from any further interest from the hiring company.

khess83

Jan 7, 2009
Waukee , IA
At many engineering career fairs, the first question they ask is GPA and it can immediately exclude you from any further interest from the hiring company.

Agreed, GPA is one of the first thing that disqualifies an canidate from our search process. I am not saying it is the only thing we look at but if GPA is low then the you better have a ton of campus related activities or some killer work experience.

For the record:

Undergrad: 3.3
Graduate: 3.8 (Graduate program was a lot easier as long as you could express an opinion in a memo)