What do you think of this new "Big 12"?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
With the assumption that CU, NU, Texas, TT, OSU, OU, and A&M are all gone... what do you think of this new "Big 12" lineup....

East- ISU, KU, KSU, Mizzou, Baylor, TCU/Houston

West- Boise St, BYU, Utah, UNLV, New Mexico, Air Force/CSU

I think this is what the remaining Big 12 teams need to try to get to come to the Big 12. I guess my wish would be TCU over Houston and I don't really care between Air Force and CSU?

I think this conference would get the AQ. And I think it still gives us two Texas schools in the conference... which will help greatly in recruiting the state of Texas.

What does everyone think?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Probably the same as I thought about it when this exact scenario was posted in about 43 other different threads this week devoted to the exact same "what do you think of THIS combined Big 12/MWC scenario"...

jransom4

Apr 25, 2010
I think that would be the most likely scenario if we were to get ourselves into a conference after the Big 12 dissolves. The Big East would be a significant stretch, even though there are twitter reports stating that they would take the remaining Big 12 schools. That won't happen for many reasons. A re-vamped Mountain West seems like a likely scenario

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Probably the same as I thought about it when this exact scenario was posted in about 43 other different threads this week devoted to the exact same "what do you think of THIS combined Big 12/MWC scenario"...

Calm down dude. All I've seen people suggest is the remaining Big 12 teams joining the MWC. I don't want Wyoming, San Diego St, etc. So why not pick who we want and bring them to the Big 12 instead? We're the better conference... so we should be grabbing other teams... not the other way around.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Calm down dude. All I've seen people suggest is the remaining Big 12 teams joining the MWC. I don't want Wyoming, San Diego St, etc. So why not pick who we want and bring them to the Big 12 instead? We're the better conference... so we should be grabbing other teams... not the other way around.

That is not how it works kid.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The more I hear about it, the more I like going east rather than west.

I don't. It's too saturated already, and will be getting worse.

The population trends are for people heading west. Ask Michigan and Michigan State fans how the population trends in the state of Michigan are going.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I don't. It's too saturated already, and will be getting worse.

The population trends are for people heading west. Ask Michigan and Michigan State fans how the population trends in the state of Michigan are going.

and guess what, the Pac 10 has most of the major markets west of the Mississippi River.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
and guess what, the Pac 10 has most of the major markets west of the Mississippi River.

I don't think you understand... we HAVE to be able to recruit. Good luck getting some New Jersey kids to ISU very often. But we can get Texas kids still if we are in a conference with some Texas schools. Texas has FAR superior talent than the northeast.

TCU and Boise St were in BCS Bowls last year... and in previous years as well. They don't have big populations in their conferences. But they had TALENT. Talent beats all.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I don't think you understand... we HAVE to be able to recruit. Good luck getting some New Jersey kids to ISU very often. But we can get Texas kids still if we are in a conference with some Texas schools. Texas has FAR superior talent than the northeast.

TCU and Boise St were in BCS Bowls last year... and in previous years as well. They don't have big populations in their conferences. But they had TALENT. Talent beats all.

I don't think you understand that nothing matters if you don't have $$$$$.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The little text box to the left of the Wilson Toyota ad at the top of the page is your friend.

Why don't you just quit being a smart ***? How about that? You don't have to post in this thread if you don't like it. Go away.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008

They had talent to beat Wyoming, San Diego State, Colorado State...

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'd rather win games than have money... sorry.

ND has all the money in the world. Who cares. Boise St and TCU would have beat them by 4 TDs last year.... and the year before that.... and how far do I have to go back?

I guess I'm a traditionalist... I care more about winning than anything else. There are a lot of schools with money that suck at sports. Is that what you all want?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'd rather win games than have money... sorry.

ND has all the money in the world. Who cares. Boise St and TCU would have beat them by 4 TDs last year.... and the year before that.... and how far do I have to go back?

I guess I'm a traditionalist... I care more about winning than anything else. There are a lot of schools with money that suck at sports. Is that what you all want?

When you have to defend an idea this religiously when everyone else is telling you it's a bad idea, odds are it's a bad idea.