What do you think of this new "Big 12"?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
We aren't going to win games without money. TCU is in the middle of the best recruiting territory in the country, and Boise State admits players that aren't going to qualify elsewhere, and they have to win 1 or 2 games against teams with a pulse each year. It costs Iowa State a TON of money to recruit. As soon as we get out of the Big 12, we have even less money. If we go to the Mountain West, you can guarantee our athletics budget is going to shrink. People are willing to pay $400 to see Iowa, Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma, etc. visit Ames. They aren't paying $400 to see New Mexico, Wyoming, etc.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
When you have to defend an idea this religiously when everyone else is telling you it's a bad idea, odds are it's a bad idea.

Not true at all. I'm still waiting to hear you explain how the wealthiest program in college sports has sucked at them for so long?

Boise St, TCU, Utah, and BYU are all better at football than ND right now. How can that possibly be?

The population is moving west. Michigan is a ghost town of a state. So is Pennsylvania. The old blue collar manufacturing towns of autos, steel, and mining are going under big time.

You guys think the Big East is the answer... I don't. Just a difference of opinion, that's all.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Not true at all. I'm still waiting to hear you explain how the wealthiest program in college sports has sucked at them for so long?

Boise St, TCU, Utah, and BYU are all better at football than ND right now. How can that possibly be?

Just because Notre Dame is a bunch of dipshits doesn't mean we're all stupid.

Signed,
Ohio State
Florida
Penn State
Texas
USC
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Georgia
Wisconsin
Iowa
Texas A&M

Great job by you picking out the 5 exceptions to the rule over the past 25 years.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We aren't going to win games without money. TCU is in the middle of the best recruiting territory in the country, and Boise State admits players that aren't going to qualify elsewhere, and they have to win 1 or 2 games against teams with a pulse each year. It costs Iowa State a TON of money to recruit. As soon as we get out of the Big 12, we have even less money. If we go to the Mountain West, you can guarantee our athletics budget is going to shrink. People are willing to pay $400 to see Iowa, Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma, etc. visit Ames. They aren't paying $400 to see New Mexico, Wyoming, etc.

And they will to see Rutgers, UConn, etc? Also, I didn't have Wyoming listed in my scenario Einstein. Look again.

I'd obviously pay to see all the remaining teams from the Big 12, and definately for TCU, BYU, Boise St, and Utah. Maybe not New Mexico and Air Force as much, but The Big East has a couple weak teams too... who doesn't?

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
I don't think you understand... we HAVE to be able to recruit. Good luck getting some New Jersey kids to ISU very often. But we can get Texas kids still if we are in a conference with some Texas schools. Texas has FAR superior talent than the northeast.

TCU and Boise St were in BCS Bowls last year... and in previous years as well. They don't have big populations in their conferences. But they had TALENT. Talent beats all.

I just want to say one thing on this because I've seen a lot of people say this. Kids from Texas come to play at isu because they want to play against schools that passed them by Texas; A&m and to an extent Ttech. Not just because our conference has Texas schools in it.

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
gentlemen...the B12/MWC may play to fewer people but in the majority of the states there aren't as many pro teams to compete with unlike the East...However that is where the TV money is...Unless a B12/MWC can come up with a TV package/network that can work this area(like a poor 2nd cousin of the Big 10 network), going East is what we'd have to consider...