WBB Recruiting continued...

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I question the liability issue when someone like HB uses the practice facility. What if he uses the weight room and gets hurt, or trips on something some student manager or another player leaves on the floor or something? Who his liable?

To me, only those associated with ISU Athletics should be allowed to use the practice facility. If you don't limit it to them, then where do you draw the line? Seems like ISU students would have more of a right to access than someone like HB. Just sayin'.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I question the liability issue when someone like HB uses the practice facility. What if he uses the weight room and gets hurt, or trips on something some student manager or another player leaves on the floor or something? Who his liable?

To me, only those associated with ISU Athletics should be allowed to use the practice facility. If you don't limit it to them, then where do you draw the line? Seems like ISU students would have more of a right to access than someone like HB. Just sayin'.

Wouldn't that liability concern be extended to any visitor to any building or structure on the ISU campus? From a middle school kid or non-ISU student playing at Beyer Hall, to high school kids using the library, to Veishea goers walking through Vet Med?

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
Wouldn't that liability concern be extended to any visitor to any building or structure on the ISU campus? From a middle school kid or non-ISU student playing at Beyer Hall, to high school kids using the library, to Veishea goers walking through Vet Med?

Crap...Every time I check this thread I actually think it is going to be something about WBB recruiting, like the title states.:nah:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Why is Harrison Barnes still using our practice facility? I'm glad Taylor was there, but can't he find somewhere else to go? I don't understand why he is still allowed to be there.

If something goes wrong between UNC and HB, we would all be very glad that our BB program didn't burn bridges with young Mr. Barnes. Even if we didn't get him in a transfer situation, at least we would know it wasn't because the coaching staff got pissy and told him to take his ball and go home.

I know the odds of that happening are thin, but if you make a policy of doing good things for people when you can, sooner or later it has a way of coming home to roost.

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
maybe mr barnes will change his colors and find out he can learn how to prepare for the nba if he changes his committment with horseface at north carolina. then harrison could become mayor numero dos and learn how to prepare for the nba under coach hoiberg.mayor numero uno.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.

I don't know. It has been a long time since I have been on campus, but if I remember correctly, there used to be some sort of signs in Beyer and other facilities that said that ISU was not responsible for lost items, injuries, blah, blah, blah......maybe that has all changed now. I was just raising the question. Also, it seems to me like Beyer and State and other facilities like those are more of a public facility. I didn't realize that the practice facility was open to the public.......is it? I thought that was supposed to be for the ISU basketball teams somewhat exclusively.

Anyway.........the thread was already derailed, and I don't want to derail it any further......especially since that so rarely happens here......but I was just raising the question as to if it was a good idea for a non-ISU player to be using the practice facility. Apparently most have no problem with it.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
maybe mr barnes will change his colors and find out he can learn how to prepare for the nba if he changes his committment with horseface at north carolina. then harrison could become mayor numero dos and learn how to prepare for the nba under coach hoiberg.mayor numero uno.

Right. THAT'S gonna happen. :jimlad:

waldog

Jun 13, 2010
I think with the amount of recent transfers, kids should be thinking whether they really want to travel across country no matter who is offering. How can you argue with being close to your family at a great school, being a local star with the support ISU has - priceless:yes:

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I was on facebook recently when I stumbled upon this:

Facebook

It's the official facebook page of the ISU WBB staff. What's even more interesting is the friends list. There are some known recruits there, a lot of current players, and a LOT of former players, but there are a few other interesting names:

Emma Meesseman -- 6'2" F/C from Belgium. MVP of the 2009 European U16 championships. 2011 or 2012? (Born May 1993) euu16

Julie Vanloo -- Meesseman's Belgian teammate. 5'8" or 5'9" G. Named best guard at the 2009 U16 championships (see above link). Probably 2012? (Born Oct 1993)

Nichole Moody -- 5'9" PG from DFW area, 2011. Liberty 360 Basketball

Three likely previously unnamed recruits.

Last edited:

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
I was on facebook recently when I stumbled upon this:

Facebook

It's the official facebook page of the ISU WBB staff. What's even more interesting is the friends list. There are some known recruits there, a lot of current players, and a LOT of former players, but there are a few other interesting names:

Emma Meesseman -- 6'2" F/C from Belgium. MVP of the 2009 European U16 championships. 2011 or 2012? (Born May 1993) euu16

Julie Vanloo -- Messeman's Belgian teammate. 5'8" or 5'9" G. Named best guard at the 2009 U16 championships (see above link). Probably 2012? (Born Oct 1993)

Nichole Moody -- 5'9" PG from DFW area, 2011. Liberty 360 Basketball

Three likely previously unnamed recruits.

Nice find.
Just wondering if Nichole Moody is the one ARSON was thinking of in another thread. Maybe thinking Houston, but instead DFW.

Also, wish I could remember the guards name from the Houston area that was a bright spot at elite camp. Crown Royal kills them too fast!

Last edited:

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
Calli Berna commits to Arkansas.

NWAonline - State briefs

Fayetteville guard gives UA women her word.
Fayetteville point guard Calli Berna made an oral commitment to the Arkansas women’s basketball team Sunday and plans to sign during the early signing period in November.
Berna, 5-9 1/2, chose the Razorbacks over scholarship offers from Iowa State, Oral Roberts, Arkansas State and UALR. She averaged about 15 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists and 5 steals a game last year.
“I think Coach [Tom] Collen is a great coach,” said Berna, who was offered a scholarship by Arkansas as a sophomore. “He has a great background of having great programs. I want to be close to my family. I can’t remember any games my parents haven’t attended, and ...

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest

NWAonline - State briefs

Fayetteville guard gives UA women her word.
Fayetteville point guard Calli Berna made an oral commitment to the Arkansas women’s basketball team Sunday and plans to sign during the early signing period in November.
Berna, 5-9 1/2, chose the Razorbacks over scholarship offers from Iowa State, Oral Roberts, Arkansas State and UALR. She averaged about 15 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists and 5 steals a game last year.
“I think Coach [Tom] Collen is a great coach,â€￾ said Berna, who was offered a scholarship by Arkansas as a sophomore. “He has a great background of having great programs. I want to be close to my family. I can’t remember any games my parents haven’t attended, and ...

thats too bad. sounded like she really liked the ISU family and had a good time at Elite camp. on to the next one.

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006

NWAonline - State briefs

“I think Coach [Tom] Collen is a great coach,â€￾ said Berna, who was offered a scholarship by Arkansas as a sophomore. “He has a great background of having great programs. I want to be close to my family. I can’t remember any games my parents haven’t attended, and ...

Oh, that's just great.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron