Tailgating -- Charcoal Grills

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Not that I know of, I wish they'd make a charcoal disposal somewhere like some stadiums do because I feel bad just dumping the ashes out on the ground.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
No! like if you have a small charcoal grill (I've seen full-sized ones in the lots too) Arrowhead stadium has a big bin you can throw the ashes in which would be nice to have a few of those located in the lot. Would keep the lots cleaner and less chance some hot coals start something up.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I have a small charcoal and gas grill for tailgating. I've used charcoal plenty while tailgating. We've always dumped ashes into whatever receptacle was available.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I have seen people burn there feet from coals from charcoal grills from people dumping them between vehicles and not properly getting rid of them. I know a few that had to go to the hospital.

But according to the people that dumped the coals it was there fault for wearing flip flops and not paying attention to where they walked.

Clone1450

Dec 30, 2008
Kansas City
I use one of these...

digimarc.ms

With one of these...

WEB029.jpg

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
I have a small charcoal and gas grill for tailgating. I've used charcoal plenty while tailgating. We've always dumped ashes into whatever receptacle was available.

So you're the guy starting fires in the plastic garbage barrels?

People who use charcoal at tailgates should have to eat the leftover coals rather than dumping the coals on the ground or into plastic garbage barrels.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

People who use charcoal at tailgates should have to eat the leftover coals rather than dumping the coals on the ground or into plastic garbage barrels.

We dump water on them and throw them in metal garbage barrels.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I use one of these...

digimarc.ms

With one of these...

WEB029.jpg

Yes we use this same grill and it works great....
But when it gets cold we do bring a fire pit to stay warm and yes we do make sure the coals are put out for all the people worried about buring thier feet.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Well thats actually not safe.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Yes we use this same grill and it works great....
But when it gets cold we do bring a fire pit to stay warm and yes we do make sure the coals are put out for all the people worried about buring thier feet.

I use the same Weber grill setup, best grill for tailgating.

A COUPLE OF YRS AGO, WE HAD MAJOR FIRES IN GARBAGE BARRELS BECAUSE OF COALS BEING DUMPED . I Have nothing against charcoal grills, just the MORONS who dump hot coals.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I use the same Weber grill setup, best grill for tailgating.

A COUPLE OF YRS AGO, WE HAD MAJOR FIRES IN GARBAGE BARRELS BECAUSE OF COALS BEING DUMPED . I Have nothing against charcoal grills, just the MORONS who dump hot coals.

Ya that grill is the best. I have TG in G7 for 2 years now and havent seen said fires but yes, those would **** me off as well. Everyone I go with does it the right way with charcoal, with that said there will always be idiots.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Here is mine... Love it.. Used twice so far, once at the Indy race and once for the Nationwide race.

resize

upgraded from this...

200071620.jpg

Have to say the fire and ice was with me for 6 years about so it was hard to get rid of.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
No! like if you have a small charcoal grill (I've seen full-sized ones in the lots too) Arrowhead stadium has a big bin you can throw the ashes in which would be nice to have a few of those located in the lot. Would keep the lots cleaner and less chance some hot coals start something up.
Ah, now I see what you're saying by disposal. I'll be tailgating for my first time ever on Thursday, and plan on bringing a bucket of water to dump the coals into.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Ah, now I see what you're saying by disposal. I'll be tailgating for my first time ever on Thursday, and plan on bringing a bucket of water to dump the coals into.

Ummm coming from CF resident who has tailgated at UNI many times too - Prepare for a MAJOR upgrade in tailgating :yes::smile::wink:

Cannot wait for thursday, I usually dump my coals into a bucket and properly dispose, but I have dumped them on the ground before and just made sure to do a good job of putting them out. To my knowledge they are biodegradeable are they not?

Sterling4Cy

Nov 13, 2006
I wish there were some sort of recepticle to dispose of coals. A couple of years ago the people who we were tailgating with dumped their coals out inbetween the cars. My friend's 3 year old son was running around in flip flops and stepped right into them. 3rd degree burns on both feet.