your ONE post game interview question for GC?

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Hi Gene, I missed what you said about God the 1st 3-4 times, can you please repeat it? Also, you mentioned War Eagle 9-10 times, is he higher than God?"

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
Coach Chizik,
You know, Lucca Staiger had to sit out one year because he played on a foreign basketball team that had nothing to do with the NCAA, where 'unknowingly' other players were getting paid.

Do you forsee anything like this happening tooooo ...Ohio State?
(gulp)

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
a.) How does it feel to lower the general integrity and reputation of college football?

b.) Will you pull a Caroll and bolt for the NFL to avoid sanctions or will you flee the country all together?

c.) What do you have in your freezer right now?

d.) How frequently do you attend Cam's father's church? Do you tithe?

AdamO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 28, 2010
Ankeny
"Gene, what do you want to say to the Auburn fans who stuck with you through thick and thin while you were ******* away a couple of years in Ames to get some head coaching credentials on your resume?"

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
a.) How does it feel to lower the general integrity and reputation of college football?

b.) Will you pull a Caroll and bolt for the NFL to avoid sanctions or will you flee the country all together?

c.) What do you have in your freezer right now?

d.) How frequently do you attend Cam's father's church? Do you tithe?

Like. Especially a and b. I'm a big believer in karma, and I think it's gonna hit this guy hard.... It almost made me puke with the pregame show on the "family guy" that Chizik was.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Like. Especially a and b. I'm a big believer in karma, and I think it's gonna hit this guy hard.... It almost made me puke with the pregame show on the "family guy" that Chizik was.

Agree! The guy is a phony and it won't be long before the Mussbergers of the world figure that out. Sooner or later (sooner more likely) the karma bomb is going to explode in eastern Alabama. Auburn fans will be scrapping the chizz off their sidewalks and wondering what the hell happend to their program.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The more important question is whether he likes fish sandwiches from Hardees?

(rep to whoever can name that thread)

That would be the Game Thread for ISU @ UNLV football.

That was an epic thread. Oh, the memories. And that fish sandwich joke lasted all year long.

I remember that revkah posted a picture of her BK Big Fish sandwich from the Jamaica hotel where we were listening to ISU vs. Texas A&M.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Nope. A hint, it was one of old Gene's finest days at ISU.:realmad:

That was an epic thread. Oh, the memories. And that fish sandwich joke lasted all year long.

I remember that revkah posted a picture of her BK Big Fish sandwich from the Jamaica hotel where we were listening to ISU vs. Texas A&M.
Ohh yeah... dammit. :twitcy:

Reactions: CyForPresident

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa

Correct! That was an epic thread. And sorry, it says I have to spread rep around.

Reactions: cyclonedave25

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
UNLV was destroying us in the first half. Somebody posted that it made him so miserable that he was about to go eat a Hardee's Fish Sandwich.

It snowballed from there throughout the rest of football season, and probably beyond. Whenever something got terrible, and that was a bad Cyclone year, the bad thing would be rated on whether or not it was "fish-sandwich worthy."

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
I myself cannot see why people are still holding things against Gene, anyone in their right mind would take the Auburn job over Iowa State, especially after you had been a championship defensive coordinator there. Gene Chizik was Auburns next coach whether we hired him or not, Sure the truth hurts, but it is hard to win at Iowa State, if GC had been here a few more years, maybe we would have been turning a corner. But the fact is, we were lucky to ever had him hired, and Jamie Pollard deserves ultimate respect. Gene had all of the right intentions of getting Iowa State going in the right direction, no one knew Tubberville was on his way out. We are lucky to have had him, and lucky to have ended up with Paul Rhoads. We may not be in the big game in any time soon, but Iowa State will take a turn for the better.

Hate it or not, the players on our team were mostly cheering for Chizik, even after the rash movement by him. He is a good coach and was bound to find the greenest pastures. Coach Rhoads is here to make things better for us and wont leave in the same fashion. Everyone here is more of a football fan than any Iowa, Auburn, Texas, Florida, ect. fan will ever be, not that these schools should be grouped together (Iowa) namely, but the fact that Iowa State fans hold onto hope and keep bringing it and not to mention with the past 10 years W-L records, most IState fans are alum or students. 40k strong of true fans is a hell of a lot better than 78k with 1/3 being bandwagon and the others with no ties to the university. We are fans/alum/players because we hold onto hope that one day, Iowa State will have its glory, and the pursuit of that is what makes it worth it.

Reactions: Steve

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I myself cannot see why people are still holding things against Gene, anyone in their right mind would take the Auburn job over Iowa State, especially after you had been a championship defensive coordinator there. Gene Chizik was Auburns next coach whether we hired him or not, Sure the truth hurts, but it is hard to win at Iowa State, if GC had been here a few more years, maybe we would have been turning a corner. But the fact is, we were lucky to ever had him hired, and Jamie Pollard deserves ultimate respect. Gene had all of the right intentions of getting Iowa State going in the right direction, no one knew Tubberville was on his way out. We are lucky to have had him, and lucky to have ended up with Paul Rhoads. We may not be in the big game in any time soon, but Iowa State will take a turn for the better.

Hate it or not, the players on our team were mostly cheering for Chizik, even after the rash movement by him. He is a good coach and was bound to find the greenest pastures. Coach Rhoads is here to make things better for us and wont leave in the same fashion. Everyone here is more of a football fan than any Iowa, Auburn, Texas, Florida, ect. fan will ever be, not that these schools should be grouped together (Iowa) namely, but the fact that Iowa State fans hold onto hope and keep bringing it and not to mention with the past 10 years W-L records, most IState fans are alum or students. 40k strong of true fans is a hell of a lot better than 78k with 1/3 being bandwagon and the others with no ties to the university. We are fans/alum/players because we hold onto hope that one day, Iowa State will have its glory, and the pursuit of that is what makes it worth it.

Classy post, but I still don't root for chizzholes.