your ONE post game interview question for GC?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
So does Auburn's win officially = a Hardee's fish sandwich? If so, can I get it without the chizz sauce or will I have to scrape it off the fillet with a plastic spoon?
Aren't those hardee's fish sandwiches a little greasy?

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Did anyone ask: Who decided to run the last play to run the clock down to 2 seconds so after the FG no time would be left so no risk of a kickoff return for a TD?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I think he would have sat Cam and played himself.

Eugene probably would have looked at the reporter that asked that question and in a mocking tone would have replied... "Do you not understand how blessed you are to be standing here at this very moment in his presence? The man you seek to question is I. I am the light, the savior, the shepherd of young men that want to play football for money <cough, cough> I mean spiritual enlightenment. Go forth and tell everyone you see that I am the hand of God. Any other questions?"

Irresponsible

Jul 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
I think he would have sat Cam and played himself.
We know Jesus can't hit a curveball. Why would you think He could throw a forward pass?

Agree! The guy is a phony and it won't be long before the Mussbergers of the world figure that out. Sooner or later (sooner more likely) the karma bomb is going to explode in eastern Alabama. Auburn fans will be scrapping the chizz off their sidewalks and wondering what the hell happend to their program.
This only happens if life is like the movies. In reality, Geno goes on to win four or five national championships and becomes second only to Bear Bryant in SEC lore. (By the way, I now need to start a new thread: How can I clean the blood that is running out of my eye sockets off my keyboard)?

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
That's the whole point. They were intended (here) as greasy and disgusting, so disgusting that it would essentially finish a person off, or at least finish off a miserable day with a peak of misery.

Yes, that was a fun thread, best part of the UNLV game, and basically the rest of that season.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I myself cannot see why people are still holding things against Gene, anyone in their right mind would take the Auburn job over Iowa State, especially after you had been a championship defensive coordinator there. Gene Chizik was Auburns next coach whether we hired him or not, Sure the truth hurts, but it is hard to win at Iowa State, if GC had been here a few more years, maybe we would have been turning a corner. But the fact is, we were lucky to ever had him hired, and Jamie Pollard deserves ultimate respect. Gene had all of the right intentions of getting Iowa State going in the right direction, no one knew Tubberville was on his way out. We are lucky to have had him, and lucky to have ended up with Paul Rhoads. We may not be in the big game in any time soon, but Iowa State will take a turn for the better.

Hate it or not, the players on our team were mostly cheering for Chizik, even after the rash movement by him. He is a good coach and was bound to find the greenest pastures. Coach Rhoads is here to make things better for us and wont leave in the same fashion. Everyone here is more of a football fan than any Iowa, Auburn, Texas, Florida, ect. fan will ever be, not that these schools should be grouped together (Iowa) namely, but the fact that Iowa State fans hold onto hope and keep bringing it and not to mention with the past 10 years W-L records, most IState fans are alum or students. 40k strong of true fans is a hell of a lot better than 78k with 1/3 being bandwagon and the others with no ties to the university. We are fans/alum/players because we hold onto hope that one day, Iowa State will have its glory, and the pursuit of that is what makes it worth it.

Personally I have long since let (almost) all of that go. My beef is with the obvious crookedness being rewarded by allowing a player who should clearly be ineligible play. The fact that he is the coach is just extra bile sauce on that great big **** sandwich.

I'm just glad it is over so we can concentrate on the cheating and hypocrisy in the NCAA Division I basketball season. :jimlad:

Reactions: PGreen ISU '92

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Mine: Coach; Could you have went through this great season and win the NC with your first set of coordinator hires four years ago?

Coach, and I use that term loosely, will you repeat my question?

When I listen to you and your players, it sounds like you would have said the same things no matter what questions are asked. I would like to know that you actually heard the question, even if you don't really answer it.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
Gene, you were as firmly entrenched in Ames as Cam Newton was in Miss St. You both left for more money. How accurate are those two statements?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Maisel's take on the Auburn win.

Auburn Tigers revel in glory of BCS championship win - ESPN

Note this to start the article:
Auburn coach Gene Chizik strode into the press conference Tuesday morning in his favorite shiny leather jacket and jeans. He sat down at a long table. To his right stood four trophies that now belong to the Tigers, including the crystal football that Auburn will display from now until the university changes its colors to crimson and white.
I wouldn't be too sure that they will hang on to that trophy from here to eternity. If the FBI is truly involved as has been rumored, the NCAA may be forced to do something.