Info: CF Users Browser Statistics

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I still dont understand the IE hate. Is it because its cool to hate it?
It explains why there are so many 'i got a virus from CF' complaints around here...

IE has gotten a lot better... but Chrome\Firefox are still way better at this point.

Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I still dont understand the IE hate. Is it because its cool to hate it?

No. It was cool to hate it. But, now it's cool to say you hate it, but secretly love it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
No. It was cool to hate it. But, now it's cool to say you hate it, but secretly love it.

I use Chrome. I use IE for work related internal stuff because most stuff was designed for it. Occasionally I go out on IE 9 for web activities and its just as bit as fast as Chrome. My main use for Chrome is I can sync my favorites, cookies, etc through my gmail account which helps me immensely when having multiple computers. I just have never understood the great hate for IE. There was a time it was a slower browser, but as of late they have been making good strides in speed. As for the security issue.....well a ton of that is user error. Chrome and the like are not without their bugs and holes.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Okay so teach me fanatics. I'm a Safari guy. Always have been. Just used to it I guess. A friend was killing me the other day for not switching to Chrome. What are its advantages over what I'm using now?

The main benefit of using Chrome is being able to criticize Safari users.

Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Chrome! Though the whole integrated shockwave/flash thing versus the shockwave/flash plugin is completely obnoxious... Never had chrome crash until they integrated flash. User error or not, one shouldn't be able to install competing plugins in the same browser.

IE lost me a long time ago when it was slow, unstable and etc. The only reason I pull up IE now is to remotely check my work email. It does a great job functioning just like a standalone copy of outlook. Oh, and I had to use it to pay my time warner cable bill in nyc as they were too *** backwards to support chrome.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Okay so teach me fanatics. I'm a Safari guy. Always have been. Just used to it I guess. A friend was killing me the other day for not switching to Chrome. What are its advantages over what I'm using now?

Well if you are using a mac, safari is fine. If you are using safari on a pc I will slap you. Chrome is good for the reason I mentioned. Your cookies, settings, and favorites will follow you around if you set it up to sync them with a gmail account. Does OSX and safari allow this yet with icloud?

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I use internet explorer at work, mostly because there are a couple websites I need to go on quite a bit for actual work reasons that don't play nice with other browsers. If it weren't for that, I'd just load Chrome on my workstation and be done with it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Chrome! Though the whole integrated shockwave/flash thing versus the shockwave/flash plugin is completely obnoxious... Never had chrome crash until they integrated flash. User error or not, one shouldn't be able to install competing plugins in the same browser.

IE lost me a long time ago when it was slow, unstable and etc. The only reason I pull up IE now is to remotely check my work email. It does a great job functioning just like a standalone copy of outlook. Oh, and I had to use it to pay my time warner cable bill in nyc as they were too *** backwards to support chrome.

Hell yes, the crashing of flash is annoying as hell. Happened to me twice yesterday.