Info: CF Users Browser Statistics

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Well if you are using a mac, safari is fine. If you are using safari on a pc I will slap you. Chrome is good for the reason I mentioned. Your cookies, settings, and favorites will follow you around if you set it up to sync them with a gmail account. Does OSX and safari allow this yet with icloud?

I'm on a Mac so I take it this keeps me off of your **** list? :cool:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Okay so teach me fanatics. I'm a Safari guy. Always have been. Just used to it I guess. A friend was killing me the other day for not switching to Chrome. What are its advantages over what I'm using now?

bos loves it because his wife can't see what he does on his incognito window.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Okay so teach me fanatics. I'm a Safari guy. Always have been. Just used to it I guess. A friend was killing me the other day for not switching to Chrome. What are its advantages over what I'm using now?

Well for starters, you're complexion will immediately start to lose its pallid, greenish, AppleZombie color, and begin to take on a healthy, golden, Chrome induced tan.
Next, if you're a male, you'll start to notice a thatch of thick, luscious, masculine hair sprouting on your chest. If you're a woman, you can expect an increase of at least one cup size along with a substantial increase in firmness.
Finally, you'll simply experience a new outlook on things. Food will taste better. Colors will be more vibrant. Smells become more intense. This is because you are literally being imbued with new life. Embrace it.

Congratulations, you're now evolved.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006

Don't switch to Chrome, switch to RockMelt. RockMelt is built by Chrome, but is more geared towards Social Media. Trust me, you'll love it.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Your statistics dont happen to break out what version of IE people are on does it? Be interested to see how many are back on IE 6\7

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
So does the CF Android app count towards the Android browser, or is it not counted at all?

Most of my CF time is from the app, but when I'm home it's chrome.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Your statistics dont happen to break out what version of IE people are on does it? Be interested to see how many are back on IE 6\7

Im guessing a ton. From the gripes I have seen over the past few years, there are some companies that need to update desperately.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Im guessing a ton. From the gripes I have seen over the past few years, there are some companies that need to update desperately.

Yes but it seems this is pretty low on the corporate to do list. We upgraded to IE 7 last summer from IE 5.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Hell yes, the crashing of flash is annoying as hell. Happened to me twice yesterday.

FYI, you can fix it. You have to go into the plug in manager and disable the internal chrome flash (you'll see there are two copies running). I've been good since, but last week I was not a happy camper and was ready to switch to firefox.

How To Fix Shockwave Flash Crashes in Google Chrome - How-To Geek

Now only if MOG would be more stable... I'm almost ready to switch back to spotify.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Thats just lazy. Wow.

Yeah IT not liked by a lot of employees within my company. The problem I kept hearing for the delay is that it was difficult to get all the programs our intranet uses to work with a browser.

They also have a knack for pushing major updates at the worst possible time too but that is another matter.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Some places are held hostage by ancient software programs and other compaines. Where I work, just in the last year, we got the go ahead to update to IE8 from 6.5 because different software programs and vendors had not been compatible with IE8. In our case, companies were bought out, and while the old software was technically still being supported by the new company, there were no updates being made. It leaves you in a position where you either live with an old version of IE or spend tons of time/money to switch to other products.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
This is for you tech geeks out there.

I am currently in the process of doing research on our site/the business, etc. and I thought some of you would find this interesting. It's percentages of what web browsers people on CF use the most. This was just for the month of April.

Internet Explorer -33.34%
Safari - 21.55%
Chrome - 18.75%
Firefox - 18.18%
Android Browser - 6.17%

Everything else was less than a percent. Just thought I'd drop that info for you today. Have fun!

Come on, I can't be the only one on Netscape Navigator! :cool: