Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Ok.

Walt's thinking that Skylar and Jr have no hope of a normal life, and the only way for Holly to have a normal life is for her to be in a new-identity world where she's never known anything different.

EDIT: As I type this, Walt gets on the phone and totally reconfirms my last post.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I'm a fan of him as a villain. Great villains are what make shows/movies great. This whole series is basically a good version of Star Wars 1-3.

yeah he's a terrific character. I was talking about the people wanting him to succeed. That phone call was something else.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
You can send the Emmys direct in care of Bryan Cranston and Anna Gunn...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
yeah he's a terrific character. I was talking about the people wanting him to succeed. That phone call was something else.

You want things to turn out good for people like Walt Jr and Jesse, and the only way for them to have a happy ending is for Walt to succeed on some level, and at this point, success could be as much as just not being a horrible person at the end.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
That was awesome. These last two episodes are going to have me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Walt has just completely broken inside.

Was that last call an act?

I didn't think about it as it was happening but now that I think more about it I think you're right it was an act. Smart move and shows he still has some resemblance of a soul.

ISUpadre

Aug 2, 2013
USA! USA!
I didn't think about it as it was happening but now that I think more about it I think you're right it was an act. Smart move and shows he still has some resemblance of a soul.

Yep, that's also why he took the baby and then dropped her off. It was to set up himself as the fall guy alone.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
mother-of-god-meme.jpg

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
No doubt that last call was an act. Walt knew the police were there listening. He knows he's dying, and wants Skylar and the kids to be together as a family after he's gone. So he paints himself as this controlling, abusive husband. And she goes into character as his submissive wife. Makes it look like he involved her in all this against her will. Brilliant.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Walt has just completely broken inside.

Was that last call an act?

I thought all along that it was an act based on his tears throughout the call.

Him taking Holly was the only way to ensure that she would actually pick up the phone, too, and to ensure that it would all be on record with the police.

Skylar picked up on the act and played along. She knows that he was trying to help her save the family.

Walt is a very, very smart man. And he truly cares about his family. It is killing him that they are scared of him/hate him.