You got to love the fear Hawk fans have for Rhoads

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
Funny thing is Rhoads is still taking in the best talent in Iowa.

Moving the goal posts again? I thought Iowa fans were "scurred of Rhoads", is that still the case?

Congrats on Campos and Lizard. I think Iowa will be just fine with the likes of Scherff, Blythe, Bowers, Jewell, Meier and Vandeberg in the two deeps currently. Then in the pipeline we got the Boettger, Wisneiki, Matt Nelsen, Jay Scheel, Render, Reynolds, LeGrand, The Paulsen twins, Waechter, Newborg, Cook, and Boyles.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Yeah this thread looks pretty silly after Saturday, but if you cant admit there was (keyword was) not a little fear in the general Iowa fanbase of CPR, then you're kidding yourself. That being said, no matter how bad ISU ever is, there will never be a fear of KF in the ISU fanbase.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Yeah this thread looks pretty silly after Saturday, but if you cant admit there was (keyword was) not a little fear in the general Iowa fanbase of CPR, then you're kidding yourself. That being said, no matter how bad ISU ever is, there will never be a fear of KF in the ISU fanbase.

Just a fear of FCS schools? :jimlad:

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009

Well considering I had ISU predicted at 4 wins and Iowa at 6 wins I would say that I wasn't kidding myself at all. I wasn't one bit concerned about Rhoads and ISU, and the only people kidding themselves were ISU fans.

As far as not being in fear of KF, I don't really care. ISU fans have shown they prefer a losing product (7 years + 1 game since DMac left), over a .500 product (DMac's last 7 years). I'll take KF .579 winning % any time.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Well considering I had ISU predicted at 4 wins and Iowa at 6 wins I would say that I wasn't kidding myself at all. I wasn't one bit concerned about Rhoads and ISU, and the only people kidding themselves were ISU fans.

As far as not being in fear of KF, I don't really care. ISU fans have shown they prefer a losing product (7 years + 1 game since DMac left), over a .500 product (DMac's last 7 years). I'll take KF .579 winning % any time.
That's a very generalized statement, I just believe the fan-base has been sold a bill of goods and hamstrung with a terrible contract. Also being filled with the fear of "who are we going to get that is better?" scenario. The talent pool is sitting at its worst since 2007. This program is definitely on par with Colorado at this point even though ISU has been to 3 meager bowls since Colorado has been to one.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
there was some concern after Kirk's 4-8 season in 2012.......part of the hawk fanbase that melts down and calls for Kirk's head from time to time

get back to us when Kirk breaks .500 vs ISU in his career
So proud-I hear Paul has a new addition to his air guitar video. Can't wait to see his latest passion filled clip!!

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
I'd deflect if I could too,Cytwins . No snappy come back for football? I think so proud is going to catch Fran on the passion displays,don't you think?

Well CyTwins makes fun of a National COY like Ferentz, and prefers him some Proud Rhoads coaching.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
there was some concern after Kirk's 4-8 season in 2012.......part of the hawk fanbase that melts down and calls for Kirk's head from time to time

get back to us when Kirk breaks .500 vs ISU in his career

Really Jamby? Youre puffing your chest at that? they manhandled us last year, and they're going to win by 50 this year... come on i know you're an idiot, but that's even low for you.

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
To be honest hawk fans, I'd at least wait until you beat us, cause if you lose, you look pretty bad.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
To be honest hawk fans, I'd at least wait until you beat us, cause if you lose, you look pretty bad.

Seriously? Did you give that advice to your fellow Cy fans in the 250 page mock NDSU mercilessly thread? Did you give that advice to Chris Williams before he made fun of the NDSU guys predictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.