ISU vs Rutgers

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
we should win the whole thing next year

I don't think so. We don't have the athleticism to go along with our great shooters and scrappy style of play. I definitely think we'll make plenty of noise in the tournament as well as the Big 12 conference though!!

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
The booing tonight made me sick. The same thing happened at the Georgia Tech game. We like to believe that somehow we have more "class" than other fans, but tonight has proved that we don't. I am not proud of our fans tonight.

And as I type this, we're booing at the end of the game. You want to talk about classless. That's it right there.

The boo was for the refs as the left the floor

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I am very impressed and proud of the sisters. If the refs knew how to call traveling, this game comes down to the last possession. This team is one or two post players away from being great. Oh wait, they get that next year. This team is gonna be scary good next season.

This had to be one of BF's best coaching jobs ever.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
The booing tonight made me sick. The same thing happened at the Georgia Tech game. We like to believe that somehow we have more "class" than other fans, but tonight has proved that we don't. I am not proud of our fans tonight.

And as I type this, we're booing at the end of the game. You want to talk about classless. That's it right there.

Are you kidding? That's not classless; classless is throwing stuff on the court or field (a la Colorado football).

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Wieben and Ross will make us a ton better. Still wouldnt have mattered in this game.

We needed ball handlers tonite and that was the difference

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I don't care who it was directed at. It's still classless. It reflects badly on us, and I'm sick of it.

Did you miss the 3 o-fouls that we had in the game and how Rutgers would dive on our players for a jump ball and it get called as a jump and not a foul and the cookie monster traveling on the inside...... the refs were crap. Not saying we would have won if they were good, but if I was there I'd give them a piece of my mind as they left the court if I could.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX

There was plenty of booing, I'll agree. However I definitely think that it was warranted due to the refs.

I also attribute it to the very strong passion that our Cyclone fans have for our school. I wouldn't trade that for any other kind of fans in the world.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I don't care who it was directed at. It's still classless. It reflects badly on us, and I'm sick of it.

Are you gonna go crying to Pollard because you don't like fans showing how they feel about the refs? :biglaugh:

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
In her postgame interview, Stringer said we have the best fans in the world.

I believe she said the state of Iowa has the best fans in the world. She was tremendously popular in Pukeye City when she was there as well.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Have fun finding a fan base that doesn't boo. I mean come on, are you really going to complain about us booing the refs. Find something else to ***** about.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Booing is nothing new - even for ISU fans, and there's not much wrong with it if done properly. In fact, when refs stink as bad as the two blondes did tonight, it can add to homecourt advantage quite a bit. On several occassions tonight, I think we got a makeup call or two in no small part to the crowd laying into the refs.

What I find classless is profane chats, the a-holes who cheer opposing player injuries and as said earlier - the "should have your arse kicked" throwing stuff on the court.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Did you miss the 3 o-fouls that we had in the game and how Rutgers would dive on our players for a jump ball and it get called as a jump and not a foul and the cookie monster traveling on the inside...... the refs were crap. Not saying we would have won if they were good, but if I was there I'd give them a piece of my mind as they left the court if I could.

There's probably little point in arguing this now as emotions are high, but I am sooooo tired of hearing how the refs screw us over.

It seems regardless of the sport, the opponent, the location, or the importance of the game, the refs are somehow out to screw us.

Please.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny

I agree. I think its weak. Maybe half of those fans should have looked up to see 3 fouls on us at the end of the game. Or remembered the time when our out of control players got bailed out with by a foul.

We are the least athletic team in the games at Wells Fargo and we dont have a ball handler, so when we face pressure D we want fouls.

I dont remember ISU fans booing when Tim Floyd and Larry E's teams used to lock people down.

The refs DID miss a couple travels... but its womens bball.. theres about 100 turnovers they didnt call. Nothing to get THAT worked up for.

But then again.. thats MY opinion.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
There's probably little point in arguing this now as emotions are high, but I am sooooo tired of hearing how the refs screw us over.

It seems regardless of the sport, the opponent, the location, or the importance of the game, the refs are somehow out to screw us.

Please.

Dude read it again - I even said that if the ref didn't suck that it may not have mad a difference. You gotta read the entire post not just part of it :wideeyed:

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007

Give me a break. You should turn in your fan card.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron