ISU vs Rutgers

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
There's probably little point in arguing this now as emotions are high, but I am sooooo tired of hearing how the refs screw us over.

It seems regardless of the sport, the opponent, the location, or the importance of the game, the refs are somehow out to screw us.

Please.

I don't think the team lost because of the refs; I don't think any team has ever lost because of the refs. However, there is nothing wrong with booing when they do a crappy job. The refs this year in basketball have been terrible.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Heck of a season by our Sisters. Things looked bleak when Toccara and Nicky went down, but Joc stepped up, Bolte proved that she's going to be special and Ezell showed that she has a ton of heart.
Props to our fans who supported the Sisters game in and game out. We have the best fans in the Big 12, second to none.
And thank you to Bill, you represent ISU with class and you truly love your team and your school.

Great season and I can't wait until next season.

Go State! Go Sisters!

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I don't mind the occasional booing, but we boo every little thing that the refs might have missed. We only had 3 team fouls through 17 minutes of the second half for crying out loud. I don't think the refs screwed us too bad. Women's bball is more difficult to ref because of the style IMO so I expect some questionable calls to a certain extent.

I'm just happy we played Rutgers as tough as we did. Can't wait for next year when our ladies will be a 3-4 seed in the Dance.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I don't care who it was directed at. It's still classless. It reflects badly on us, and I'm sick of it.

If I was there I would have screaming BOO until I was hoarse. Once or twice at the refs and the rest of the time hoping that Shellie Mosman would realize that I wanted her to be my boo:cool:

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
FWIW, the Rutgers announcers thought the refs did a GREAT job! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
With that whole convo behind us..

Still shocked how well Bill F did without Ross and Wieben for the season. Kudos to him and his staff.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Heck of a season by our Sisters. Things looked bleak when Toccara and Nicky went down, but Joc stepped up, Bolte proved that she's going to be special and Ezell showed that she has a ton of heart.
Props to our fans who supported the Sisters game in and game out. We have the best fans in the Big 12, second to none.
And thank you to Bill, you represent ISU with class and you truly love your team and your school.

Great season and I can't wait until next season.

Go State! Go Sisters!

It should be fun to watch as the team can heal up. Still neat for them to make it to the dance this year and at least make it to the second round. :notworthy:

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
There's probably little point in arguing this now as emotions are high, but I am sooooo tired of hearing how the refs screw us over.

It seems regardless of the sport, the opponent, the location, or the importance of the game, the refs are somehow out to screw us.

Please.

Dude read it again - I even said that if the ref didn't suck that it may not have mad a difference. You gotta read the entire post not just part of it :wideeyed:

I did read all of it. I guess I should have added to mine that regardless of whether we're winning or losing (or deserve to be winning or losing), the refs are somehow out to screw us.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Just got back from the game.... The REFS SUCKED.. Three women, none of them knew what traveling was and only called 7 fouls on them in the first half while we commited 15 or so. Probably more, just didn't feel like keeping track since it was almost comical. Second half both teams could commit murder without a whistle.

Yes the REFS SUCKED. Did they screw us. Perhaps, who knows though.

The girls played hard, and the fans were into it. Hard to believe the attendance was only 8,000 or so. Seemed alot bigger then that.

I hate to go on record and say this. But that Rutgers team is nothing but a bunch of trashy players that always got in extra pushing and shoving after the whistle. They were very arrogant. I'm sorry for going the Don Imus route here, but they showed no class. I think some of that stems from Vivian Stringer too. I know Cotman tomorrow is going to be all happy go lucky since his friend Vivian won. Seriously she showed as much class as the rest.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I'm probably taking this thread in the wrong direction, so I'm going to drop this after this post.

I do want to say that I agree with those here who are proud of the way our women played and look forward to seeing them again next year. This thred should be about them and not about the choices that some fans make...

Nice job, ladies.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
What does the fact that they're women have to do with it?

i think he is just sayin.. nothin sexast..

but i agree with everything he said.. i also just got home.. we have gotten screwed 3 games in a row.. and i am 100% sick of it.. there needs to be some emails to the ncaa...

on a more important note

Awesome job by the girls and cant wait for next year!

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
What does the fact that they're women have to do with it?

Just saying they were three women.... If they were three men they would suck just as much...

Just laying the facts on the table.... Good to see you at the game too.....

Sorry if someone soiled in your cereal this morning.

Last edited:

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
Game was fun, glad I went. Crowd was great. Refs were crappy at times both ways, but our turnovers and their shooting percentage were the reason we lost. Had more fun at that game than probably any mens game this year. Cant wait for next year.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Game was fun, glad I went. Crowd was great. Refs were crappy at times both ways, but our turnovers and their shooting percentage were the reason we lost. Had more fun at that game than probably any mens game this year. Cant wait for next year.

I'll agree, went to almost all the home games for guys. First girls game of the year. Forgot how much fun it was. Seriously thinking of splitting season tickets next year with a friend I know.

Also agree about why we lost.