Ciclón Nación
So, she was getting kind of moody?
:rolleyes:

87S4H6u.jpg

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
@AlexHalsted: Iowa State has announced that Nikki Moody has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules. #Cyclones

I've heard that she's been responsible for other teammates leaving the team in the past. Is this accurate and is she continuing to be a problem in this regard? Pretty bad, if so, that it has gotten so bad that she's suspended in her senior year. If all that is true, then one has to wonder what things would be like if she'd have been disciplined two to three years ago.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I've heard that she's been responsible for other teammates leaving the team in the past. Is this accurate and is she continuing to be a problem in this regard? Pretty bad, if so, that it has gotten so bad that she's suspended in her senior year. If all that is true, then one has to wonder what things would be like if she'd have been disciplined two to three years ago.

I heard this as well awhile back

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
But in all reality does anyone really care about women's basketball when we have a good men's basketball team?

Ask the 10,000 fans that'll show up to Hilton on any given night to watch them play...

Anyway, back on a real topic, I hope she can get things under control and be back to play her senior season. No one wants things to have to come to this, but I'd rather take care of any problems now than when the Big 12 portion of the season comes along. Hopefully the suspension does nothing but motivate her and the rest of the team as well as sends a message on being a good teammate and the importance of working together.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
BF places a lot of emphasis on the seniors being team leaders. He talks about it every season. Having a senior PG with an attitude problem and a lot of underclassmen doesn't mix. He's not going to let a bad example slide.

barometriclow

Jan 31, 2009
Ankeny
BF places a lot of emphasis on the seniors being team leaders. He talks about it every season. Having a senior PG with an attitude problem and a lot of underclassmen doesn't mix. He's not going to let a bad example slide.

Discussing one person in public seems to me humiliating and likely to cause irreversable damage. Would you want your boss telling the press that you had an attitude problem? Or would you rather work it out internally and either suceed or get fired or quit? Tells me she is toast and Bill feels the need to go public.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Discussing one person in public seems to me humiliating and likely to cause irreversable damage. Would you want your boss telling the press that you had an attitude problem? Or would you rather work it out internally and either suceed or get fired or quit? Tells me she is toast and Bill feels the need to go public.

Unfortunately, I don't think Bill had a choice here. The press could have made it out to be worse, and rumors of a DUI or drug use could get started easily.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Unfortunately, I don't think Bill had a choice here. The press could have made it out to be worse, and rumors of a DUI or drug use could get started easily.
This, and we also don't know, Bill might have tried to handle it internally and that didn't work. In that case, this is the next logical option

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I doubt BF would take this public a step if he did not feel it was absolutely necessary.

Hopefully, she will get her act together and have a great year, but if not.....ISU has to move on. Biggest problem is how this affects the attitudes of the other team members. Plus....does anyone know who she rooms with? If it is another teammate......that would be a tough position to be in.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This, and we also don't know, Bill might have tried to handle it internally and that didn't work. In that case, this is the next logical option

Agree completely.

Anyone who thinks Moody showed up late to practice once and is being treated like this is just delusional at best.

For Bill to suspend her indefinitely AND go public with it, she must have screwed up pretty bad, multiple times. He's not going to do this with just a few episodes of being late to practice. C'mon.

I'm glad to see him do it, and if my daughter played for him I'd support him 100% on this. But I'm one of those parents who want my kids to be disciplined when they screw up, and not be their best friend.

Bill seriously wants his girls to succeed in life AFTER they leave Iowa State. Just listening to him all these years you can tell that he's almost a father figure to his players. He cares about them and wants them to do well in life and he knows that he has the ability to mold them into quality young women by the time they leave school.

This is now all up to Moody. She can decide if she wants to do what she needs to do to get back on the team, or whine and pout about it and screw up her opportunity to turn this around.

Sounds like Bill is tired of her antics and he's now leaving it completely up to her what direction she wants to go in life. Hopefully she makes the right choice and goes on to have a great season. But it's up to her.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
From a source close to the program says that Moody is a cancer to the program. The indefinite suspension is so that Moody can control her own destiny. Basically when she wants to change her attitude she can come back.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
But in all reality does anyone really care about women's basketball when we have a good men's basketball team?

Not sure why we always have some who doesn't like WBB who think it's so cool to stop in and leave a little poopie.

It would be like me going to a wrestling thread and gripping about everyone wasting their time on a sport I don't care about. Of course, not being a db, I don't do that. Each to his own and no need for trespassing.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Not sure why we always have some who doesn't like WBB who think it's so cool to stop in and leave a little poopie.

It would be like me going to a wrestling thread and gripping about everyone wasting their time on a sport I don't care about. Of course, not being a db, I don't do that. Each to his own and no need for trespassing.

Due to a lack of maturity, some people just can't help themselves. They most likely think they're being "clever." But in reality, they're just showing us that they're not very good a being a Cyclone fan.

I hope things get straightened out with Nikki. As someone already said, we're a better team with her than without her (on the court, at least). Although, should we move forward without her, for whatever reason, I do believe we have enough depth and ability to overcome the loss of a key player at this point. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
As others have alluded to, this was probably addressed in various ways without success, finally requiring a more drastic step. That's unfortunate. But as also suggested, like a parent, you sometimes need to take more extreme measures to get your kids to listen.

Looking back at Midnight Madness photos, Nikki was the only one in warmups and not dressed to participate. She was on the floor with the team however. Thought that might have been illness or injury related, but maybe she was already being disciplined.

More recently, Bill has been tweeting frequently about high school and college coaches visiting practices. That means an attitude problem would have been on display to outsiders. Bill would not tolerate that. He's not only sending a message to Nikki, but also to others about how to run a program.