Moody suspension

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
With this new development, the recruitment of Bell and the verbal of TT Starks puts the program in a good position. I see, Jadda and Nakiah being able to handle the point very well with a little help from the Kid. If Nicki gets her act together and returns then it could help. But, the depth of this years team may make this whole thing a mute point.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
It seems there has been a set of rules for everybody else, then her. She was viewed as someone who couldn't be replaced. Bingley probably left because of this. If you were critcal of Moody on this board, it was a terrible thing. It's been out there for a long time. I've said she's a lazy player. It's probaby a good thing that it's addressed. It tells me that depth at point guard is taken care of. The program will be better for it. It's a good thing. It is personal, and not PC. Hopefully the message is received.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
@AlexHalsted: Iowa State has announced that Nikki Moody has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules. #Cyclones
Here's the deal from my perspective. She has had an attitude problem for more than this year. Two years ago she was directly responsible for the transfer of Bingley. That had an attitude issue then, and we see the attitude issue in her lack of consistent play. In my perspective she has never put the team before herself. That is entirely my perspective and I do not have internal access to substantiate that. I truly hope that she gets her act together and returns to the team. That being said, we have a depth at point guard that can more than make up for her loss The way she has been playing. If she would return and play to her potential she is unparalleled in her ability.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Thinking back to the Iowa game two years ago, Moody was being disciplined for "being late" or something and Bingley got the start. It did not go well, and moody was back in at some point during the game. The next week, I was stunned to hear Emiah had left the program.

Have to wonder if Bell was putting more pressure on her than she liked.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Oh, what the heck, as long as we are going with candid observations I’ll throw mine in because it's been on my mind for a couple of years. I think the team is better in the long run without her. If she hasn’t “got it” or bought in a week away from the start of her fourth year she just isn’t going to. For every good game she has had (ooh look at the assists!) she had another that was a foul prone turnover fest and she would be looking like she just didn’t give a ****.

In almost 20 years of following the program I have never felt or said that about any player. That period probably covers nearly a hundred players and she is the first I have ever taken a dislike to.

Last edited:

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Fans have to be careful not to throw Nikki under the bus. Bill did not. He simply gave a reason for the suspension. In this day and age, that's a responsible thing for him to do. Otherwise, there's all types of speculation.

We all know Nikki has had an inconsistent attitude over the years. I mostly chalked it up to a lack of maturity. We are spoiled with the types of players that Bill recruits. Many are a step ahead of the typical student or student-athlete in how they think and behave.

She's still growing up. This is one phase, and I hope she takes advantage of it, for herself, regardless of her role on the team.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Fans have to be careful not to throw Nikki under the bus. Bill did not. He simply gave a reason for the suspension. In this day and age, that's a responsible thing for him to do. Otherwise, there's all types of speculation.

We all know Nikki has had an inconsistent attitude over the years. I mostly chalked it up to a lack of maturity. We are spoiled with the types of players that Bill recruits. Many are a step ahead of the typical student or student-athlete in how they think and behave.

She's still growing up. This is one phase, and I hope she takes advantage of it, for herself, regardless of her role on the team.

Very well said and mostly i had the same thoughts.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
What bothers me is she is a senior. I can see the "attitude" issue affecting freshmen but if she still has this kind of problem as a senior, that is not good. I think by the time they've spent 3 seasons with BF, they would have known BF's expectations

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
With this new development, the recruitment of Bell and the verbal of TT Starks puts the program in a good position. I see, Jadda and Nakiah being able to handle the point very well with a little help from the Kid. If Nicki gets her act together and returns then it could help. But, the depth of this years team may make this whole thing a mute point.

While it definitely could be a mute point, I hope it's a moot point.
(Not ragging on you about a misspelled word, but mute and moot have different meanings.)

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
What was wrong with the way they acted here? Serious question, I know nothing about womens basketball/Florida State. Were they laughing because they are bad?
Emily Bingley transferred to FSU after having some bad experiences with Moody and Williamson. When I saw the reactions I had a similar first thought..."ah we get her again."

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
What bothers me is she is a senior. I can see the "attitude" issue affecting freshmen but if she still has this kind of problem as a senior, that is not good. I think by the time they've spent 3 seasons with BF, they would have known BF's expectations

Perhaps his expectations for her are higher now since she is a senior.

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
Emiah Bingley transferred to FSU after having some bad experiences with Moody and Williamson. When I saw the reactions I had a similar first thought..."ah we get her again."

Definitely not a good reaction. Very very immature.

And, as karma is a bit**, FSU thumped us pretty good. Wonder how Nikki and Brynne liked that?

Bingley was a very talented player. IMO, she could have been a terrific player at ISU. It was communicated ever so carefully to me that she "got run off" by unknown individuals on the team. Not just one.

If Ms. Moody (and others???) is or has been a problem on the team and can't or won't willingly and happily provide the leadership and maturity EXPECTED and REQUIRED of a senior, then BF should cut her (them) loose. We have depth at PG. The program is a thousand times more important than the individual. i.e check your ego or your attitude at the locker room door.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Maybe this is why Bill recruited so well last year...hge knew he needed to pick it up to give himself options.

BeachAve

Apr 22, 2014
Bluder received two commits the last 30 days, for the class of 2015 I believe ---two prospects that ISU was recruiting.

I wonder how their visits to ISU went, or if Nikki's behavior was a factor? I know- a reach..

For Bill F to lose out to Bluder twice in one month is rare.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Bluder received two commits the last 30 days, for the class of 2015 I believe ---two prospects that ISU was recruiting.

I wonder how their visits to ISU went, or if Nikki's behavior was a factor? I know- a reach..

For Bill F to lose out to Bluder twice in one month is rare.

Could be, could be.

It's not different from job interviews. I know I have been turned off by attitudes of people who interviewed me that I told my recruiter that I didn't see myself pursuing that opportunity anymore.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
The whole Bingley thing needs to be ignored. Wasn't her dad the annoying punk that ran her out of the program and then came on here and complained about Fennelly?

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
The whole Bingley thing needs to be ignored. Wasn't her dad the annoying punk that ran her out of the program and then came on here and complained about Fennelly?

I don't think that was him. I think the Dad frequently posted here. There were lots of speculations when she left and he came off like "I know the reason but I will not tell you now". That turned a lot of people off.

I believe there was another player (from JUCO IIRC). There were comments that her dad kept on saying that she deserved more playing time

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron