Moody suspension

swiacyfan

Mar 2, 2009
@AlexHalsted: Iowa State has announced that Nikki Moody has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules. #Cyclones

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Shoot.....that kind of sucks. The press release makes it sound like an attitude issue.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
'Nikki's attitude in the team setting has become a distraction to our learning environment,' Fennelly said. 'We have high behavioral standards to allow us to develop our team in a way that we can have success on and off the court and her behavior has been inconsistent with those values. Nikki can return to team activities if/when improvement is seen.'

From - DMR article

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Fennelly finally has the depth to bench Moody.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Between Buckley and Bell, we have the depth to handle the PG position without Moody. However, we're a better team with her than without her. Hopefully she turns things around and is back on the court soon.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
So, she was getting kind of moody?
:rolleyes:

hqdefault.jpg

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I knew Moody pretty well her first two years here. Doesn't surprise me too much. She does have a bit of an attitude.

Don't get me wrong, nice young lady. And attitude is important for a basketball player. But too much attitude is a bad thing, and I'm not too shocked that this happened.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I knew Moody pretty well her first two years here. Doesn't surprise me too much. She does have a bit of an attitude.

Don't get me wrong, nice young lady. And attitude is important for a basketball player. But too much attitude is a bad thing, and I'm not too shocked that this happened.

Hopefully this pushes her in the right direction rather than digging her heels in.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Don't know her but I've always kind of had this feeling about Moody just on the reaction between her and Fennelly during games occasionally. Just doesn't seem like they really like each other sometimes if that makes sense. But you'd think by now they would both just get past it. She is a senior and has put in an awful lot of work practicing etc., so I hope she can finish out the year with her teammates helping the new players along and enjoy a great season.

Help Support Us

Become a patron