Marvel Cinematic Universe

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
X Men ‘97 take a damn bow! This series delivered in spades and stuck the landing. Even got the classic post credits Marvel scene that we all came to love in Phases 1 and 2. It made sense and gets you jacked for Season 2 to where it can’t come out soon enough. One of those endings and post credits that you probably could have guessed BUT still made you pumped when it happened.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
X Men ‘97 take a damn bow! This series delivered in spades and stuck the landing. Even got the classic post credits Marvel scene that we all came to love in Phases 1 and 2. It made sense and gets you jacked for Season 2 to where it can’t come out soon enough. One of those endings and post credits that you probably could have guessed BUT still made you pumped when it happened.

I didn’t see any post credits stuff. Am I losing my mind here?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I personally don't know much about her from the comics. All I know is that the version of the character introduced in Black Panther 2 just didn't really interest me at all to the point where I could care less if I see her in somebody else's show or movie again, much less her own series. Agatha is the total opposite for me and I'm all in. Granted, I'm also somebody who is probably in the top 5% of how much I LOVED Wandavision. On the flip side, I only found Black Panther 2 to be pretty meh. A decent amount of that meh came from the major fail in my mind of Marvel Studios not recasting T'Challa. Again, this is all just me.

I'm curious for Ironheart for a reason right out of left field. She was a lot of fun in Marvel Puzzle Quest, so I want it to be good. Seems like she was good in a different animated series, but I don't know that I remember that correctly. But, for the MPQ connection, I'd like it to be good.

Reactions: Triggermv

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I have not watched the season yet but am curious if there ends up being any MCU connections?
Yes and no. As in the original series, heroes beyond the X-Men exist and have cameos. There were connections to the other Marvel TV series of the mid to late 90's. Most of the design of the cameos are from that style, but a few are taken from the MCU version of the characters.

• Informative

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I have not watched the season yet but am curious if there ends up being any MCU connections?

No story connections to the MCU, everything is happening within the continuity of the old 90s Marvel cartoons, which is where one would start venturing into spoiler territory, but a lot of episodes are straight up visual adaptations of popular X-men comics so if you’re familiar with those, a lot of the plot twists start to become very telegraphed. But maybe that’s the point. It’s supposed to feel like Saturday morning cartoons brought into the 21st century for an older audience.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I'm not interested in any of these new heros. I might be done with it all.
Which new heros? There are still several big names (namely the X Men) that are just getting into this thing. Or are you talking the TV shows only?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Which new heros? There are still several big names (namely the X Men) that are just getting into this thing. Or are you talking the TV shows only?
I haven't heard much about legacy heroes. I guess they're TV shows? I prefer movies to TV so I don't know much about those.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I haven't heard much about legacy heroes. I guess they're TV shows? I prefer movies to TV so I don't know much about those.
Gotcha. X Men and the Fantastic Four are heavy hitters. Some good villains on the way too like Galactus. But it just depends if they get the casting, story and all of that stuff right.

We fell in love with unknown or lesser known characters before like Black Widow, Falcon, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Bucky, Black Panther, Vision and several others because they were casted perfectly and the writing, acting and scripts were really good.

Look at Thor. Heavy hitter and legacy guy but his solo movies have been all over the place. But in the Avengers movies he has had a great arc.

It all comes back to the writing, acting and decision making for us to fall in love with characters.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
15 episodes total of Secret Invasion and She Hulk cost almost $430 million and is visually unimpressive.

Mad Max Furiosa cost $168 million.

Things are gonna change in this streaming content world, definitely in Marvel streaming.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
15 episodes total of Secret Invasion and She Hulk cost almost $430 million and is visually unimpressive.

Mad Max Furiosa cost $168 million.

Things are gonna change in this streaming content world, definitely in Marvel streaming.

At least She-Hulk was just bad wheras Secret Invasion was like break the MCU attrocious

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: bos

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
At least She-Hulk was just bad wheras Se cret Invasion was like break the MCU attrocious
Those 2 shows were not good. The reaction though to the “overarching MCU” - collectively - based on a couple clunkers makes one realize how stupid the world of Twitter truly is. There’s been plenty of absolutely awesome MCU content since Endgame. I cannot wait for more. Freaking loved both seasons of Loki, WandaVision, FATWS, Barton’s show (we don’t say that word in our house), GOTG3, Wakanda Forever, and MoM was also great (baffles me how so many are confused about Wanda’s arc in MoM, considering she was no hero in WandaVision, and ended that show by becoming a f*cking witch and embracing it, fleeing a town (with no regret) that she mindlessly tortured for days/weeks, and stole the single most evil/dangerous magic book in the universe and f*cking started studying it! Yet we have YouTubers whining that her “arc” was undone - WTF show did you watch where her becoming a straight up multiversal nightmare wasn’t a perfect transition for her after she started slugging the Darkhold!? MoM was so damn good - yes, including the fan-servicy cameos).

I even thought Ms. Marvel and the Marvels were fun. Not groundbreaking, but fun/entertaining/worth watching. Fun to see the potential for other cultures to get to see heros that look like them on TV. Us white boys have had too good for so long. Let’s share that joy! I still feel like a 10 year old kid every single time I hear Iron Man suit up or Captain smoke Thanos in the face with the shield.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Those 2 shows were not good. The reaction though to the “overarching MCU” - collectively - based on a couple clunkers makes one realize how stupid the world of Twitter truly is. There’s been plenty of absolutely awesome MCU content since Endgame. I cannot wait for more. Freaking loved both seasons of Loki, WandaVision, FATWS, Barton’s show (we don’t say that word in our house), GOTG3, Wakanda Forever, and MoM was also great (baffles me how so many are confused about Wanda’s arc in MoM, considering she was no hero in WandaVision, and ended that show by becoming a f*cking witch and embracing it, fleeing a town (with no regret) that she mindlessly tortured for days/weeks, and stole the single most evil/dangerous magic book in the universe and f*cking started studying it! Yet we have YouTubers whining that her “arc” was undone - WTF show did you watch where her becoming a straight up multiversal nightmare wasn’t a perfect transition for her after she started slugging the Darkhold!? MoM was so damn good - yes, including the fan-servicy cameos).

I even thought Ms. Marvel and the Marvels were fun. Not groundbreaking, but fun/entertaining/worth watching. Fun to see the potential for other cultures to get to see heros that look like them on TV. Us white boys have had too good for so long. Let’s share that joy! I still feel like a 10 year old kid every single time I hear Iron Man suit up or Captain smoke Thanos in the face with the shield.

Good to see another fan of MOM. I love that movie and agree with you on Wanda's arc. I find that movie to be majorly underrated.

Last edited:

houjix

Jul 21, 2021

Can't say I'm as high as you on some of the post-endgame content, but I've been able to at least watch all of them and be entertained outside of Secret Invasion. Even the two shows definitely on the lower end, She-Hulk and Echo, get a pass from me thanks to Charlie Cox's Daredevil gracing the screen and a least some compelling moments. Secret Invasion was a straight character assassination of Nick Fury that in the end didn't seem to matter and the outcome is going to get dust binned faster than Kang.

• Agree

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron