***2015 NCAA Wrestling Championships Gameday(s) Thread***

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
I'm not the biggest wrestling fan in the world but I come from a huge wrestling town(Clarion) and that just made the loss on Thursday a little easier to take. The basketball team could learn a hell of a lot from watching that.

Reactions: Firefighter4Cy

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
I thought he was doing good just to get out of that single leg then Kyven just sucked him up, trip, pin, ice cream time!

Hell yes

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Congrats Kyven on a well deserved and hard earned title. Your dad is smiling down. Thanks for salvaging something for us Cyclone fans this weekend.

And congrats to KJ and the rest of the coaches. I know every title is awesome but that one has to have some extra meaning.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Man, I thought there was no way that throw would work against Snyder but Kyven proved me wrong. For what its worth, that locked ISU into 14th. Half a point behind 13th but a fair bit behind 12th.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Wow..I'm not going to lie I'm teared up after this... Such a great kid that went through hell for this.. Congrats enjoy it!!

Same here, I teared up!!! Really proud of what he overcame.

Side note - My dogs were sleeping next to me and I jumped off the couch and yelled "**** Yeah Pin", they went running around barking like someone was breaking in, lol.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Not a big wrestling fan, but man that was a power pin. If you blinked, you would have missed it. He should get outstanding wrestler of the tournament. He rolled through a lot of his opponents!

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
Awesome Kyven. Your the best! Thanks for giving Cyclone Nation a high this weekend.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Same here, I teared up!!! Really proud of what he overcame.

Side note - My dogs were sleeping next to me and I jumped off the couch and yelled "**** Yeah Pin", they went running around barking like someone was breaking in, lol.
Don't worry the gf was sleeping on the couch well she is actually happy I started yelling when Synder was in on that single leg. Damn I'm still jacked about this!

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Man, I thought there was no way that throw would work against Snyder but Kyven proved me wrong. For what its worth, that locked ISU into 14th. Half a point behind 13th but a fair bit behind 12th.

Told the guy I'm watching with that I hope he didn't try that throw tonight since it would come back to bite him. I look stupid now and I don't give a ****. Awesome night, way to go Kyven!

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Not a big wrestling fan, but man that was a power pin. If you blinked, you would have missed it. He should get outstanding wrestler of the tournament. He rolled through a lot of his opponents!

Odds on this happening? He's got to have a chance at it.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

Told the guy I'm watching with that I hope he didn't try that throw tonight since it would come back to bite him. I look stupid now and I don't give a ****. Awesome night, way to go Kyven!

It sounds like he lulled him into it? Such a great end to his career.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron