Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
Re: Iowa MBB now a projected #1 seed

Just wait.... Iowa hasn't had their mid to late season melt down yet. The universe will right itself, Fran will throw/kick something, and balance will be restored.

Dino

Mar 26, 2009
Des Moines

Predicting the rest of Iowa's schedule...

@ Rutgers - W
Purdue - L
@ Maryland - L
Northwestern - W
Penn State - W
@ Illinois - L
@ Indiana - L
Minnesota - W
@ Penn State - W
Wisconsin - W
Augustana (S.D.) - L
@ Ohio State - W
Indiana - L
@ Michigan - L

Final record: 21-9 (12-6 conference), #7 seed

Why's everyone suddenly think Purdue will beat them at Iowa? I see their only losses as @Maryland, @Indiana and probably @Michigan. Add one more head scratcher in there but I think 4 losses left is about the worst they do.

bolts

Aug 9, 2013

This year in athletics has to be about as bad as it gets for cyclone fans. Chirp all off season about Ferentz and Iowa football being on the way down and it turns into a top ten, coach of the year program. You bring in a MAC program to replace yours and jump for joy over an OL that begged for an Iowa offer but was told no thanks.

Chirp all off season about isu basketball being a final four possible team and niang being player of the year candidate. What happens, Fran and the basketball program is in discussions for a #1 seed and uthoff is up for wooden. You get beat down by the worst uni team in 5 years and you may have to watch Iowa playing in the NCAA's in des Moines.

You do have your super bowl, which for most of you is all that matters.

I would feel bad for you but why, things are where they are meant to be. That's why its called a Hawkeye state I guess.

Last edited:

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City

Augustna beat Iowa on their home court. UNI beat ISU on a neutral court

Where'd ISU beat Iowa by one point? And why'd you leave that out of your post?!!! Use any ranking system you want to, Iowa is better than ISU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

This year in athletics has to be about as bad as it gets for cyclone fans. Chirp all off season about Ferentz and Iowa football being on the way down and it turns into a top ten, coach of the year program. You bring in a MAC program to replace yours and jump for joy over an OL that begged for an Iowa offer but was told no thanks.

Chirp all off season about isu basketball being a final four possible team and niang being player of the year candidate. What happens, Fran and the basketball program is in discussions for a #1 seed and uthoff is up for wooden. You get beat down by the worst uni team in 5 years and you may have to watch Iowa be playing in the NCAA's in does Moines.

I would feel bad for you but why, things are where they are meant to be. That's why its called a Hawkeye state I guess.

Did something change or is this not still in play here? I really am surprised Hawk fans didn't learn their lesson two years ago that basketball season doesn't end in January

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Time Stamp: 1/21
Guessing we've officially seen the peak of their season all down hill from here for that squad.
I haven't seen the hawks live up to the hype they have recieved and the pressure that goes with it during Fran's tenure. This is setting up for a big time fall and I fully realize the big 10 being weak as wet tissue paper sets up for them.
Still... Tick. Tick. Tick.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Where'd ISU beat Iowa by one point? And why'd you leave that out of your post?!!! Use any ranking system you want to, Iowa is better than ISU.

ISU beat Iowa in Hilton while playing poorly and Uthoff having the game of his career.

Iowa has a better resume than ISU right now, I won't disagree with that. If the NCAA had to decide today Iowa would be a 2 seed and ISU would be a 3 IMO. I do think ISU is the better team and will end up having a better season

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009

Chirp all off season about isu basketball being a final four possible team and niang being player of the year candidate. What happens, Fran and the basketball program is in discussions for a #1 seed and uthoff is up for wooden. You get beat down by the worst uni team in 5 years and you may have to watch Iowa playing in the NCAA's in des Moines.

This seems to be a lot of gibberish that helps make you feel better about yourself.

bolts

Aug 9, 2013

Did something change or is this not still in play here? I really am surprised Hawk fans didn't learn their lesson two years ago that basketball season doesn't end in January

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-offer-state-rivalry-flavor-wooden-watch-race

I forgot to include this earlier.

Does anyone here really think isu has enough to make a run. A UAB embarrassment is ad likely as a single tourney win.

Your only hope is the chance your team plays all out like it does in theie biggest game ( Oklahoma). Otherwise the mental midgets will be the laughingstock of NCAA's again.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-offer-state-rivalry-flavor-wooden-watch-race

I forgot to include this earlier.

Does anyone here really think isu has enough to make a run. A UAB embarrassment is ad likely as a single tourney win.

Your only hope is the chance your team plays all out like it does in theie biggest game ( Oklahoma). Otherwise the mental midgets will be the laughingstock of NCAA's again.

So you make fun of ISU fans for chirping all off season about Niang being a POY candidate and then provide a link to him being a POY candidate. That's a new one

Dino

Mar 26, 2009
Des Moines

Our football season was terrible but it was quite enjoyable watching reality set in on the hawks for the 3rd straight year once they got out of big ten play and into their bowl game.

Uthoff isn't even in Niang's zip code when it comes to the Wooden award. He's great and having a great season but he's way behind Georges in public and voter consciousness. It doesn't matter because it's going to Hield anyway.

If you really think Iowa is ISU's Superbowl, I encourage you to come to Hilton on Monday and see the Kansas game.

leschmick1785

Jul 12, 2013

Where were the games played? Iowa is better than ISU.

No they aren't. Next you're going to tell me that playing you guys in football is our Super Bowl. Go research when you guys last had a sell out in Kinnick and who you played then.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

Our football season was terrible but it was quite enjoyable watching reality set in on the hawks for the 3rd straight year once they got out of big ten play and into their bowl game.

Uthoff isn't even in Niang's zip code when it comes to the Wooden award. He's great and having a great season but he's way behind Georges in public and voter consciousness. It doesn't matter because it's going to Hield anyway.

If you really think Iowa is ISU's Superbowl, I encourage you to come to Hilton on Monday and see the Kansas game.

This whole thing needs to die. Its the stuff losers say when they lose. Its funny to see KU fans say the exact same thing on their message boards when they lose to us.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

And on the other side of that. Hawk fans never shut the **** up when they win that game. So its comical either way.

Dino

Mar 26, 2009
Des Moines

This whole thing needs to die. Its the stuff losers say when they lose. Its funny to see KU fans say the exact same thing on their message boards when they lose to us.

It's absolutely true that the Kansas game is the biggest one in our minds every year. We're good enough that it's not a Superbowl type game tho. We have too much to play for in every game.

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City

It will never die, and I'm someone who never really says it.

Status
Not open for further replies.