Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Re: Iowa MBB now a projected #1 seed

It will never die, and I'm someone who never really says it.

That doesnt give me confidence, but Ill give you the benefit of the doubt.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008

I hate Iowa as much as anybody, but bringing an exhibition into the argument is really weak. The B1G is ranked 6th in the Massey composite, that's all you really need to know.

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City

No they aren't. Next you're going to tell me that playing you guys in football is our Super Bowl. Go research when you guys last had a sell out in Kinnick and who you played then.

Kinnick holds 70,585 people. It's hard to fill that up nowadays for anybody in the country. And, Iowa football was down for the last three years. Let's see how many games we sell out NEXT YEAR, bud. For the Iowa-ISU game, a lot of ISU fans make the trip to Kinnick as well, which helps with attendance. A lot of the reason Kinnick hasn't been filling up lately is because the opponent's fan allotment hasn't been purchased.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area

What I know about Iowa: they blew a huge lead against a supposedly inferior team, and lost to a DII team. None of those things scream #1 seed.

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City

That doesnt give me confidence, but Ill give you the benefit of the doubt.

The only time I'll say it is if Clone fans try telling me that the ISU game is my Super Bowl. Because to me, they say that as a complete and utter troll move

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

The only time I'll say it is if Clone fans try telling me that the ISU game is my Super Bowl. Because to me, they say that as a complete and utter troll move

An ISU fan actually said that? LOL.

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City

I hate Iowa as much as anybody, but bringing an exhibition into the argument is really weak. The B1G is ranked 6th in the Massey composite, that's all you really need to know.

Totally weak. Like I said, I'd rather lose that exhibition game than lose to UNI in a real game, especially when they're bad like they are this year. Anybody see them get massacred by Wichita State? Wasn't a contest.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009

I wonder which fan base started that between Iowa and Iowa State. Such a mystery.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

This year in athletics has to be about as bad as it gets for cyclone fans. Chirp all off season about Ferentz and Iowa football being on the way down and it turns into a top ten, coach of the year program. You bring in a MAC program to replace yours and jump for joy over an OL that begged for an Iowa offer but was told no thanks.

Chirp all off season about isu basketball being a final four possible team and niang being player of the year candidate. What happens, Fran and the basketball program is in discussions for a #1 seed and uthoff is up for wooden. You get beat down by the worst uni team in 5 years and you may have to watch Iowa playing in the NCAA's in des Moines.

You do have your super bowl, which for most of you is all that matters.

I would feel bad for you but why, things are where they are meant to be. That's why its called a Hawkeye state I guess.

This is pathetic lol. So Emo.

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City

An ISU fan actually said that? LOL.

Yes, but I think it's more to troll me than anything else. Check CyTwins out though, he's a guy that says that relentlessly. Probably just a troll move

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA

No they aren't. Next you're going to tell me that playing you guys in football is our Super Bowl. Go research when you guys last had a sell out in Kinnick and who you played then.
Why bring poor Minnesota into this?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Kinnick holds 70,585 people. It's hard to fill that up nowadays for anybody in the country. And, Iowa football was down for the last three years. Let's see how many games we sell out NEXT YEAR, bud. For the Iowa-ISU game, a lot of ISU fans make the trip to Kinnick as well, which helps with attendance. A lot of the reason Kinnick hasn't been filling up lately is because the opponent's fan allotment hasn't been purchased.

I will give you this. The fans of B1G schools never come to Kinnick when they play you since none of them consider you a rival. When you only have one rivalry game it hurts your visitor attendance significantly

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

Yes, but I think it's more to troll me than anything else. Check CyTwins out though, he's a guy that says that relentlessly. Probably just a troll move

That would be my guess.

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City

I will give you this. The fans of B1G schools never come to Kinnick when they play you since none of them consider you a rival. When you only have one rivalry game it hurts your visitor attendance significantly

Minnesota DEFINITELY, DEFINITELY considers us to be a huge rivalry. They chant about hating us during games against anybody. You're just so ignorant, or you're a troll. Either way, you lose

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN

Minnesota DEFINITELY, DEFINITELY considers us to be a huge rivalry. They chant about hating us during games against anybody. You're just so ignorant, or you're a troll. Either way, you lose
Gopher fans don't care about Iowa, just Wisconsin.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

This year in athletics has to be about as bad as it gets for cyclone fans. Chirp all off season about Ferentz and Iowa football being on the way down and it turns into a top ten, coach of the year program. You bring in a MAC program to replace yours and jump for joy over an OL that begged for an Iowa offer but was told no thanks.

Chirp all off season about isu basketball being a final four possible team and niang being player of the year candidate. What happens, Fran and the basketball program is in discussions for a #1 seed and uthoff is up for wooden. You get beat down by the worst uni team in 5 years and you may have to watch Iowa playing in the NCAA's in des Moines.

You do have your super bowl, which for most of you is all that matters.

I would feel bad for you but why, things are where they are meant to be. That's why its called a Hawkeye state I guess.

This is a perfect example of why so many ISU fans hate the Hawkeyes. It is because some of their fans are total *****.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

Totally weak. Like I said, I'd rather lose that exhibition game than lose to UNI in a real game, especially when they're bad like they are this year. Anybody see them get massacred by Wichita State? Wasn't a contest.

UNI is better than Nebby, woof at that MSU loss at home. UNI RPI 139, Nebby 173.

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City
Status
Not open for further replies.