On to Football Season

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Most sane Iowa fans (I know i'm making a broad statement) would acknowledge that Iowa's schedule was extremely favorable last year. No Michigan, MSU or OSU on the schedule. Iowa goes 12-0, beats a 5-6 Nebraska team to seal the deal. In 2004 and 2005, ISU got schedules where it didn't play Texas, Oklahoma or Texas Tech (the best 3 teams in the South). Goes into the last week of each season needing a win over a 4-6 Missouri team or a 6-5 Kansas team to win the division title and thrust the Cyclones into the national spotlight in the B12 title game. Loses both times.

Schools like Iowa or Iowa State need to take advantage when schedules and experienced rosters come together to have the opportunity for really good seasons. Iowa has managed the trick several times under Ferentz. Iowa State didn't, and the current B12 setup make it harder for the Cyclones to bring it about again. Not impossible, but very difficult when Oklahoma, Okie State, Baylor, TCU are on the schedule every year.

Unluckily this statement is accurate and true. I would change the several to a few times but enough to keep hope alive for Ia. fans, and Ferentz to stay employed and well paid.

milldaddy

Nov 7, 2015
LOL at Iowa State fan's trying to make 12-0 sound like it's nothing by making it 12-2. Win more games than you lose please, and then start talking to us.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
LOL at Iowa State fan's trying to make 12-0 sound like it's nothing by making it 12-2. Win more games than you lose please, and then start talking to us.

LOL at Iowa fans thinking you can compare Iowa and Iowa State's records in football. ISU plays real competition. Going 12-2 with the easiest conference schedule in the history of college football isn't as impressive as you want to believe it is.

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009
LOL at Iowa fans thinking you can compare Iowa and Iowa State's records in football. ISU plays real competition. Going 12-2 with the easiest conference schedule in the history of college football isn't as impressive as you want to believe it is.

We actually can compare the records. That's pretty much what has been doing on the last 40 pages of posts. Quite divergent conclusions being drawn from those comparisons. Such is life.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

12-0 is nothing when you play in the weak *** big 10, don't play any of the good teams, and lose to the only 2 good teams you do play. LOL

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
You can't really discount the fact that they went 12-0 in the regular season. They beat everyone they should've. Were they an elite team? No. They probably go 7-5 or 8-4 with our schedule.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Lol, this is so good.

Please tell me I'm wrong. If you couldn't keep up with Stanford, please let me know how you would combat Baylor and TCU's speed?

Oklahoma 0 chance you beat them.

OSU, Tech, WVU, Iowa would drop one of them. 8-4 seems about right. If you think Iowa could have hung with Baylor, TCU, or OU, then this argument is going no where.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Please tell me I'm wrong. If you couldn't keep up with Stanford, please let me know how you would combat Baylor and TCU's speed?

OSU, Tech, WVU, Iowa would drop one of them. 8-4 seems about right. If you think Iowa could have hung with Baylor, TCU, or OU, then this argument is going no where.

Their revisionist history is only going to get worse as time goes by.

milldaddy

Nov 7, 2015

By playing defense.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
No, we would have gone 12-0 in the defense optional league as well.

LOL, I doubt iowa would have went 12-0 in the MAC. But that's pretty much what they did I guess.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron