Iowa vs. NDSU

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
Don't what injuries will occur to either team leading up to the game that could impact the outcome. Assuming neither team has significant injuries I would expect the game to be similar to Iowa's game with Illinois State from last year.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Don't what injuries will occur to either team leading up to the game that could impact the outcome. Assuming neither team has significant injuries I would expect the game to be similar to Iowa's game with Illinois State from last year.
I see you're preparing excuses already, just in case? I agree, though. Ferentz only plays injured players for his Super Bowl, so any players you lose to injury would not be available for the NDSU game.

Reactions: CyTwins

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
I see you're preparing excuses already, just in case? I agree, though. Ferentz only plays injured players for his Super Bowl, so any players you lose to injury would not be available for the NDSU game.
No-we're going to go to the press conference after the game and say it's not fair. People are picking on us. ( Sound familiar?)

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It amazes me how good NDSU is all of the sudden since Iowa has to play them this year.

In years past when ISU played them, all we heard about was how they were just an FCS team that we should beat by 50. Weird how things change.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: Bryce7 and CyInDFW

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City
It amazes me how good NDSU is all of the sudden since Iowa has to play them this year.

In years past when ISU played them, all we heard about was how they were just an FCS team that we should beat by 50. Weird how things change.

I expect Iowa to win by 14+, but I do respect the fact that NDSU is better than a nice percentage of P5 teams, including ISU I'm guessing. They're probably our toughest non-con opponent.

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016

What was the excuse for NDSU's 21 points beat down of isu or was an FCS school just that much better?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I expect Iowa to win by 14+, but I do respect the fact that NDSU is better than a nice percentage of P5 teams, including ISU I'm guessing. They're probably our toughest non-con opponent.

So you think the score will be closer for the NDSU game than the ISU game?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
What was the excuse for NDSU's 21 points beat down of isu or was an FCS school just that much better?
At least our former coach cared about his players and didn't risk their long-term health to win his fanbase's own personal Super Bowl. Pretty sure Ott was made/allowed to play injured one too many times and see what happened to him.

#winatallcosts

Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
At least our former coach cared about his players and didn't risk their long-term health to win his fanbase's own personal Super Bowl. Pretty sure Ott was made/allowed to play injured one too many times and see what happened to him.

#winatallcosts

I still can't believe Ferentz played Scherff that game. At some point you have to put your players well being able over a Super Bowl game

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What's Ott doing nowadays? I thought I he was selling mopeds. I know there was a rumor he's pretty bitter towards Ferentz for ruining his career

• Useful
Reactions: Bryce7

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
What's Ott doing nowadays? I thought I he was selling mopeds. I know there was a rumor he's pretty bitter towards Ferentz for ruining his career
Of course-that's why he still hangs out at the practice facility and works out there individually. Because he's so bitter-lol. Stick to basketball and go get fired up for your Super Bowl coming up .

breck53

Aug 29, 2008

#winatallcosts
So Pwoud

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Of course-that's why he still hangs out at the practice facility and works out there individually. Because he's so bitter-lol. Stick to basketball and go get fired up for your Super Bowl coming up .

I don't think he's bitter towards Iowa football or the other coaches, just Ferentz. At least that's the rumblings I have heard