***Official Big 12 Expansion Thread '16***

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Does anyone find it a bit odd that the big 12 would advertise this presser at 5:30 to just say..well after all that we aren't doing anything and the networks have agreed to give us more money?

If there's one conference that would schedule a televised expansion event in early-evening to announce it has a new media deal and will not expand, it's The Big XII.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
If there's one conference that would schedule a televised expansion event in early-evening to announce it has a new media deal and will not expand, it's The Big XII.

I don't understand the criticism. The expansion decision is a national story. The decision to not expand is every bit as newsworthy as expansion. They should be trying to spin this into a display of stability and power from the current members. Not that that will matter as whatever the Big 12 does will be mocked by national pundits because it's cute and hip.

But to casually release a statement announcing no expansion would be met with more ridicule. At least with the press conference, the Big 12 can (hopefully) go into further detail about the process, reasoning and decision.

Reactions: SC Cy

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
So why don't Texas or OU just win more games?

I agree. Everyone needs to stop blaming Big12 Conference for their recent lack of success on the field. If you cannot win in so called "mediocre" Big12, how are you going to win in SEC and BIG? Wish they would get off their high horse and just commit to making a stronger/better and more stable conference.

• Agree
Reactions: SoapyCy and Bryce7

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Cu-8eMrUEAAmzjd.jpg:large

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I think the original tweet that was deleted was this:

https://twitter.com/LegalizeWill/status/ 788050106436255744

And the text was: Order came in from the presidents office, needed to be ready ASAP for a back drop for "something tonight" #UCtotheBig12? Stay tuned

So pretty much, there a chance (merely because they haven't been told no) so be ready. There is NO WAY Cinci is coming to the Big 12.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
They've been listed as a top candidate for months now. Should we put you on suicide watch?

The media has listed them as a top candidate. As someone else mentioned, the media is consistently wrong when it comes to realignment. Cincinnati is not going to be in this conference.

Clones8686

Jan 19, 2015
I didn't think anyone would be added when I first read about the press conference, but that Cincy thing is just the kind of idiotic leak that would happen, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them and BYU join.

• Agree
Reactions: TykeClone