Fox X-Men (Marvel) Movie/TV Universe

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
IGN has reviewed Logan and gave it a 9.7/10 rating. They are typically very stingy with their ratings, but they made the argument that this may be the best X-Men movie so far.

Logan currently has a 96% rating on Rotten Tomatoes with 53 reviews so far
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/logan_2017

Yeah, reviews everywhere look spectacular. I can't wait. Been a little while since our last CBM. Man, we are all spoiled.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Interesting perspective. While I don't watch any of them, I've heard that FX is known for some pretty good shows, which I'm sure are allowed a lot more freedom than they get on network TV, so you could be right. However, one thing that is interesting with these X-Men TV shows is that they both will be using the same joint creative team of both Marvel and Fox to make them. Therefore, I really don't know what to expect as an end product for either. I guess we'll see.

I'm a huge fan of "The Americans" on FX. The production quality is through the roof recreating '83 America and Russia. I'll randomly see a coffee machine on a counter I remember from the early 80s or the wallpaper we had as a kid, outdoor scenes will have dozens of 80s cars even if you freeze frame and check blocks down the street. Easily best production value I've seen from a basic cable show outside of AMC. Fans of Breaking Bad are missing out if they aren't watching it, doesn't have Breaking Bad's sense of humor but the drama and suspense elements are incredibly similar without ripping off Breaking Bad.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
So far, all the reviews I am seeing on youtube are saying Logan is legit good. I am getting pumped for this one.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
3 episodes in and Legion may be one of the best shows on TV right now. I don't think this is a show that you could watch all the episodes in one sitting - this is one of those shows where you feel mentally exhausted after each episode because of all the twists and turns. The episodes are on Hulu as well, so that's another way to watch it if you don't get FX. I highly recommend it. There is only 5 more episodes left so we'll see where it goes from here.

• Agree
Reactions: State43

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
3 episodes in and Legion may be one of the best shows on TV right now. I don't think this is a show that you could watch all the episodes in one sitting - this is one of those shows where you feel mentally exhausted after each episode because of all the twists and turns. The episodes are on Hulu as well, so that's another way to watch it if you don't get FX. I highly recommend it. There is only 5 more episodes left so we'll see where it goes from here.

agreed. Legion is very good. I didn't know a thing about the character prior to watching, but have been completely engrossed. Dan Stevens does a great job. I think his eyes are the best part of his performance. He's got a ton of expression in them. Aubrey Plaza is great too. And Rachel Keller has a great character (also very easy on the eyes).

Reactions: 3GenClone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Good to hear all these positive Legion comments. Its funny because I listen to some podcasts where Legion seems to either be really loved by some or really hated by others. Seems pretty polarizing. Personally, I'm planning on watching it eventually, but I have access to their app, and I like to let the series get ahead of itself as much as possible with past episodes building up before I get started. Like I've stated many times on here, I HATE watching week to week. In fact, I usually would wait all the way to Netflix, but for this one, I'm not positive it will end up on Netflix, since I'm not sure what Fox/FX will end up doing with the series for rewatching. For two, since this series is fewer episodes, so I could probably wait and binge half the season at least before I'd have to go month-to-month, which is at least not so bad.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I agree that binge watching this could be mentally tiresome. You might want some reflection time after each episode but who knows

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
http://www.cbr.com/russell-crowe-cable-fan-art/

Ok, I'm officially now on the Russell Crowe being cast as Cable bandwagon. I hope it happens. Looking back, he was amazing as Jor-El in Man of Steel, and I think he could really be an amazing Cable. One big thing about all these different shared universes is that actors/actresses usually always have to just pick one due to the intense on-going scheduling commitment one single role usually entails. With Russell Crowe's Jor-El role, it shouldn't really be an issue as I doubt we'll see him return to the role at all in anything other than just simple flashbacks, which are pretty minor commitments. However, Cable would likely be a pretty big commitment and segregate him to the Fox X-Men universe future.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Anyone planning on seeing Logan tomorrow for opening night??? I'd like to, but odds aren't looking good right now. For one, I've got a potential baby coming that was due last Sunday, and for two, I've got a work commitment I really should show my face at. Regardless, I'd like to see it as soon as possible. I really can't wait!!!

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
http://www.cbr.com/russell-crowe-cable-fan-art/

Ok, I'm officially now on the Russell Crowe being cast as Cable bandwagon. I hope it happens. Looking back, he was amazing as Jor-El in Man of Steel, and I think he could really be an amazing Cable. One big thing about all these different shared universes is that actors/actresses usually always have to just pick one due to the intense on-going scheduling commitment one single role usually entails. With Russell Crowe's Jor-El role, it shouldn't really be an issue as I doubt we'll see him return to the role at all in anything other than just simple flashbacks, which are pretty minor commitments. However, Cable would likely be a pretty big commitment and segregate him to the Fox X-Men universe future.

Hugh Jackman is Wolverine because Dougray Scott's shoot of Mission Impossible II ran long.

Hugh may be the reason the whole thing has worked as well as it has.

Fate.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Anyone planning on seeing Logan tomorrow for opening night??? I'd like to, but odds aren't looking good right now. For one, I've got a potential baby coming that was due last Sunday, and for two, I've got a work commitment I really should show my face at. Regardless, I'd like to see it as soon as possible. I really can't wait!!!
Congrats on the baby front. Not sure when I am going to see it but I am super excited. Looks amazing.

Reactions: Triggermv

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
As another said, congrats on your incoming fetus :)
I plan to see the movie on Sunday, so I will have to avoid spoilers at all cost the two days prior.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Looking into this X-Men show they are creating, I can tell you right now it's going to suck hard. Blink seems to be the only character not made up. Why the hell? So we are getting Heroes but they are calling them X-Men. Cheap bastards...

• Agree
Reactions: 3GenClone

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Congrats. Are you going to name him/her Logan? ;)