Fox X-Men (Marvel) Movie/TV Universe

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Introduce each member of the New Mutants in all their detail and awesomeness. Have them come together as a team for a main goal in the first movie, but use it more as a set up for a real series of movies. Take the time to establish a real team and I guarantee everyone will love the movies like the do The Avengers movies.

I'm not very familiar with the New Mutants, but what I really want to see is "ensemble-storytelling" similar to Guardians of the Galaxy. We had glimpses of that in First Class when Prof X and Magneto went around to gather the crew. Once the team was put together, we had the awesome training montage that showed us each mutants power but also how Prof X and Magneto taught these characters how to use their powers in new ways (such as Banshee using sound waves off the ground to fly). The problem with this formula is that the emotional side of the story was dependent on Prof. X and Magneto's relationship and the younger characters were never fleshed out - which is why the death of "Darwin" in First Class wasn't as emotional as it could have been.

From my perspective, the New Mutants are the X-Men's "B-Team" similar to how the Guardians of the Galaxy were Marvel's "B-Team" compared to The Avenger's. Marvel has proven that you can succeed with lesser-known characters as long as they are fleshed out in meaningful ways. I think New Mutants can achieve similar success.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm not very familiar with the New Mutants, but what I really want to see is "ensemble-storytelling" similar to Guardians of the Galaxy. We had glimpses of that in First Class when Prof X and Magneto went around to gather the crew. Once the team was put together, we had the awesome training montage that showed us each mutants power but also how Prof X and Magneto taught these characters how to use their powers in new ways (such as Banshee using sound waves off the ground to fly). The problem with this formula is that the emotional side of the story was dependent on Prof. X and Magneto's relationship and the younger characters were never fleshed out - which is why the death of "Darwin" in First Class wasn't as emotional as it could have been.

From my perspective, the New Mutants are the X-Men's "B-Team" similar to how the Guardians of the Galaxy were Marvel's "B-Team" compared to The Avenger's. Marvel has proven that you can succeed with lesser-known characters as long as they are fleshed out in meaningful ways. I think New Mutants can achieve similar success.

Exactly my thoughts on First Class. The overall story was decent, but they missed a lot of opportunities to create a team we care about. I understand their desire to build the team quickly so they can deal with the big bad guy and the main conflict of that movie, but there's a lot missing. Combine that with muddling of backstories and you get a movie that's entertaining in some ways, but frustrating in others. I have no idea why they decided to make Havok older than Cyclops. That one has always bothered me.

In all, sometimes the X-Men movies seem like fan fiction for the X-Men universe written by someone who really likes the X-Men, but wants to tell their own story with some established characters sprinkled in. They seem to have little loyalty to the source material at times.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

And on your point with Darwin. If Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, or Captain America had died in the first Avengers movie we would all be crushed, because all three were well established characters who had their own origins movies. They aren't just characters who had a 5 minute superpower introduction, moderate training, and got killed off before the main conflict.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I thought First Class and Days of Future past were good. I think X-Men Apocalypse was bad and never should have been made as it ruined the characters. I think a hard reboot is needed and it could be done several ways. Days of future past was good but including the old cast tied the hands of future movies imo.
To me, with this success of Logan, I would love to see a stand alone movie of Magneto with a new casting just to wipe out the old movies. I do love Fastbender though.
This movie would cover his youth, etc and some story with his younger adult side and his meeting of Professor X but not dwell too much on it. You could finish with him recruiting a few members of his future team, maybe Sabertooth, Toad, Mystique, Pyro, or Gambit.
You could then have a reboot of an X-Men movie that follows a character or two. Maybe Jean Grey being found by Professor X, who is just starting his school with just a few members like Angel, Beast, Colossus, Cyclops and Storm. All fairly young. This would give enough time to let our minds who are used to seeing Wolverine as Jackman pass with an after credit scene of an X-Men or two watching Wolverine doing something.
and scene :)

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I thought First Class and Days of Future past were good. I think X-Men Apocalypse was bad and never should have been made as it ruined the characters. I think a hard reboot is needed and it could be done several ways. Days of future past was good but including the old cast tied the hands of future movies imo.
To me, with this success of Logan, I would love to see a stand alone movie of Magneto with a new casting just to wipe out the old movies. I do love Fastbender though.
This movie would cover his youth, etc and some story with his younger adult side and his meeting of Professor X but not dwell too much on it. You could finish with him recruiting a few members of his future team, maybe Sabertooth, Toad, Mystique, Pyro, or Gambit.
You could then have a reboot of an X-Men movie that follows a character or two. Maybe Jean Grey being found by Professor X, who is just starting his school with just a few members like Angel, Beast, Colossus, Cyclops and Storm. All fairly young. This would give enough time to let our minds who are used to seeing Wolverine as Jackman pass with an after credit scene of an X-Men or two watching Wolverine doing something.
and scene :)

I'm worried that another hard reboot retelling Magneto and Xaviers stories again would not come off well. If they did that I'd expect them to wait a few years. There's only so many ways you can tell the same story. Even if you do have new actors who would be great in those roles.

• Agree
Reactions: 3GenClone

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm just curious what it was like when someone was pitching their story for X-Men: First Class

"Ok, I want to go back to the beginning with Xavier starting his school for mutants."
"Sounds great! We can have Cyclops, Beast, Angel, Iceman, and Jean Grey!"
"Well, I was thinking we could make Xavier and Mystique be childhood friends."
"Hmm. Ok. Seems odd, but we can make that work as long as we have a great X-Men lineup!"
"Well, I was thinking, what if we have Havok instead of Cyclops."
"But, why? Cyclops is an original X-Man. Would we just not use Cyclops?"
"No, we would just make Cyclops the younger brother! It'll be great."
"But... why?"
"Oh and we can have Beast, but instead of Angel, lets have Angel Salvadore before she turns into Tempest, and Banshee, and Darwin!"
"Tempest and Darwin are pretty obscure. Why have them there at all?"
"Because it's all going to be in the 60s and it'll be cool! Then we won't have to have all the X-Men we really like be on the team yet."
"But... why? Why not just have the real first class of X-Men so we can base a whole series of movies off them?"
"Because that's not MY idea!"

"Well I guess if we have Magneto as the bad guy it'll work out."
"No, I was thinking we could have Sebastian Shaw, but with energy blasts and immortal! And he could be a mad scientist instead of running the real Hellfire club. And the whole movie can culminate in the Cuban Missile crisis, but with a secret mutant storyline!"

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I'm worried that another hard reboot retelling Magneto and Xaviers stories again would not come off well. If they did that I'd expect them to wait a few years. There's only so many ways you can tell the same story. Even if you do have new actors who would be great in those roles.

I totally agree with this. I'm leaning towards just doing a hard reboot, but I totally agree that they need to get away from the focus on Magneto and Xaviers relationship. That story has pretty much already been done twice now over a span of 17 years and it is getting tired and stale, regardless of how good the actors are in the roles. I kind of like State43's idea of starting simple with just Xavier starting his school with a few core members like Jean Grey, then roll out from there. Bigger isn't always better. You need to earn bigger (MCU). My big thing with this as well is that I'd like to see it happen in the modern day, not 20, 30, 40 years ago, which is also a lot of the reason why there is a need for a hard reboot. My only hesitancy with this is what they've got going with Deadpool right now (subsequently X-Force and New Mutants too), which wouldn't work great by integrating into a new full reboot. They might just have to explain it away in Deadpool somehow and just be okay with it. I mean it is Deadpool and all where something like that could probably just be accepted.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
The magneto movie would focus more on his journey to become Magneto, not his relationship with Charles. In fact, any of the moments between him and Charles could be memories that keep him tethered and not going full evil. Have him fight someone else on his quest for revenge or whatever and just snippets of his moments with Charles.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Saw Logan last night and really really enjoyed it. It was pretty heavy at some points. Definitely a different feel than every other superhero movie. I will lay out some more thoughts later.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
So, I finally saw Logan last night and really loved it. (Non-spoilery, except for towards the bottom where I label it spoilery).Talk about a great, unique, character-driven way for Hugh Jackman to finish his career off as Wolverine, a swansong some might say. I thought the movie was incredibly cast, incredibly directed, and incredibly acted. Goning one-by-one, both Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart put in probably their best performances yet in an X-Men movie. The casting of Dafne Keen as X-23 was amazing. Talk about a great performance from a girl so young. Unlike many of the newly set up X-Men in Apocalypse, she is actually someone I'm am somewhat dying to see again, whether we actually will or not. Her relationship with Xavier was also one of the best parts of the movie. As for Boyd Holbrook as Pierce, one of the villains, I thought he was one of the better villains I've seen in a while, even though I thought he got shorted as the film progressed. He had a charisma about himself that made him more than a one-dimensional character. Lastly, Stephen Merchant as Caliban was solid as well, even though you'd swear he was a completely different character than the one we just saw in X-Men Apocalypse (we all know how Fox loves continuity right?).

Overall, what maybe I loved most about the movie was how unique it was in a genre that always risks becoming repetitive and stale, which is exactly what Fox did with their last X-Men movie. If I had to describe this new tone, I'd call it a mixture of Mad Max, Children of Men, and Hell or High Water. Definitely had a Western feel to it as well. I also thought the "R" rating part of it was pulled off decently as well as most of the violence and language didn't feel too force, even though there was probably a couple times I thought both the violence and language maybe fell into the gratuitous category, but I'll give it a pass overall. Word to the wise, if you aren't prepared for a "very" violent movie, I'd advise you to pass on this film. It is well up there in the John Wick category and really is not for kids at all.

As for a few things I didn't necessarily like (spoiler category), I didn't love how Xavier was essentially the guy who killed off the last of the X-Men, even though it was accidental. Then, I really didn't like how he then remembered all of it, only to be immediately killed off by X-24. I just thought for a character that we've come to love over so many years, that was just kind of a cruel way to go out. Another one, kind of like I mentioned above, was that for how much I came to love Pierce as a villain, he was pretty much forced to take a back-seat for the second half of the movie in lieu of a couple new villains which I thought were decent, but not great. I get why they did it though.

Anyway, in the end, I definitely loved this movie mostly as a great swan-song for Hugh Jackman to go out on, as well as it being just kind of a different fun taste of a movie to have in my Superhero collection. This is no doubt one of the best, if not the best X-Men movie yet, and there is also no doubt it deserves to be in the upper echelon of one of the greatest super-hero movies of all time.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
So, I finally saw Logan last night and really loved it. (Non-spoilery, except for towards the bottom where I label it spoilery).Talk about a great, unique, character-driven way for Hugh Jackman to finish his career off as Wolverine, a swansong some might say. I thought the movie was incredibly cast, incredibly directed, and incredibly acted. Goning one-by-one, both Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart put in probably their best performances yet in an X-Men movie. The casting of Dafne Keen as X-23 was amazing. Talk about a great performance from a girl so young. Unlike many of the newly set up X-Men in Apocalypse, she is actually someone I'm am somewhat dying to see again, whether we actually will or not. Her relationship with Xavier was also one of the best parts of the movie. As for Boyd Holbrook as Pierce, one of the villains, I thought he was one of the better villains I've seen in a while, even though I thought he got shorted as the film progressed. He had a charisma about himself that made him more than a one-dimensional character. Lastly, Stephen Merchant as Caliban was solid as well, even though you'd swear he was a completely different character than the one we just saw in X-Men Apocalypse (we all know how Fox loves continuity right?).

Overall, what maybe I loved most about the movie was how unique it was in a genre that always risks becoming repetitive and stale, which is exactly what Fox did with their last X-Men movie. If I had to describe this new tone, I'd call it a mixture of Mad Max, Children of Men, and Hell or High Water. Definitely had a Western feel to it as well. I also thought the "R" rating part of it was pulled off decently as well as most of the violence and language didn't feel too force, even though there was probably a couple times I thought both the violence and language maybe fell into the gratuitous category, but I'll give it a pass overall. Word to the wise, if you aren't prepared for a "very" violent movie, I'd advise you to pass on this film. It is well up there in the John Wick category and really is not for kids at all.

As for a few things I didn't necessarily like (spoiler category), I didn't love how Xavier was essentially the guy who killed off the last of the X-Men, even though it was accidental. Then, I really didn't like how he then remembered all of it, only to be immediately killed off by X-24. I just thought for a character that we've come to love over so many years, that was just kind of a cruel way to go out. Another one, kind of like I mentioned above, was that for how much I came to love Pierce as a villain, he was pretty much forced to take a back-seat for the second half of the movie in lieu of a couple new villains which I thought were decent, but not great. I get why they did it though.

Anyway, in the end, I definitely loved this movie mostly as a great swan-song for Hugh Jackman to go out on, as well as it being just kind of a different fun taste of a movie to have in my Superhero collection. This is no doubt one of the best, if not the best X-Men movie yet, and there is also no doubt it deserves to be in the upper echelon of one of the greatest super-hero movies of all time.

Got away from mom-in-law, eh?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
It was a good movie but I don't think it would be in my top five for super hero movies. I would agree it's one of the best made super hero movies. I'm just not really a fan of dark movies in general and I prefer my super hero movies to be more like Guardians of the Galaxy or Iron Man.

Reactions: Rural and Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Now that I've posted my full-out Logan review, I figured I'd update my Fox X-Men Universe rankings to include it. With that said, as much as I loved Logan, for some reason, I just struggle to place it above X-2 as the best X-Men movie ever. It very well could be a better movie, and it is likely a combination of nostalgia and the fact that X-2 is more of the true X-Men movie, but I just can't put Logan above it quite yet. Sorry.

1. X-2: X-Men United - When I think of an X-Men movie, this is the movie I think of. Great acting, great storyline, and probably contains maybe my two favorite X-Men action sequences ever (Nightcrawler in White House, Wolverine going berserk on a Swat team in the Mansion). Lastly, after this movie, Nightcrawler became my favorite X-Men character ever.
2. Logan - Probably the best acted, best directed, and best cast movie of any of them, and I loved the different unique tone of the movie. Couldn't have asked for a better Hugh Jackman swan-song. Probably only loses out to X-2 mostly due to my nostalgia for X-2 and it not being as much of a pure X-Men film.
3. X-Men: Days of Future Past - Most genius way ever to not only reboot a franchise/storyline, but also honor the old cast of actors while still passing the baton off to the new group characters. Great action, great acting, great cinematography (Opening scene and Quicksilver scene), and great creativity in fitting everything together. Literally is one of those "we are giving you everything we've got" movie. Personally, I absolute hate everything about the 70s time period, but I still liked this movie a lot, so that says something.
4. Deadpool - I know many people are going crazy for this and would rank it higher than me, but this type of movie is just never going to be my cup of tea due to some of the explicit stuff. However, I do appreciate good film making, and from a creative film-making standpoint of producing something new and fun out of a simple origin story, there is a lot of brilliance behind this movie that I respect, especially on such a low budget. So, while it isn't my type of movie, I've still got to rank it as a very good movie.
5. The Wolverine - While this may be higher than many will rank this movie, I just loved the creativity in the new setting. The colors, the actors and the cinematography was all great. I thought this was Wolverine at his best. On the down side, I never really got into the Silver Samurai robot at the end, so I liked the first 2/3 of the movie better than the last 1/3.
6. X-Men: First Class - Good new origin story of Magneto and Charles and great new casting of characters moving forward. I liked this movie, but just didn't have anything I loved. Deep down though, i just hate everything that has to do with the 60s or 70s, so that inevitably probably worked against this movie. Still liked it though.
7. X-Men - This was the surprising one due to past built-up nastalgia, but this movie really felt super dated and fell flat for me. There is very little action and what there was wasn't good. You could really tell they were working with a low budget. Even the acting was amazingly bad from what I remembered (kids are easy to entertain). Nevertheless, I've got to respect how this kicked off the X-Men movie franchise, and even more so, really kicked-off and pioneered what we know today as the modern super-hero movie. It really was the first, so props.
8. X-Men: Apocalypse - Good popcorn flick that was still fun and entertaining. However, on the down side, this was a movie filled with plot holes galore, underdeveloped characters, a relatively weak story line, another CGI mass orgy with zero feeling behind it, and a fairly forgettable villain. At the same time, the movie overall just felt like more of the same when I was hoping for something new out of Bryan Singer. Still, not a terrible movie, but not one of the best either. Not nearly as bad as critics have been rating it or the two following movies. Poor reviews were mostly due to new higher expectations from the genre.
9. X-Men: The Last Stand - Truthfully, I didn't hate this movie as much as other people did. I thought the acting was decent, the action was decent (very CGI based), but the story-line was its main flaw. The thing just ruined and killed off too many characters, almost like a very last movie of an entire franchise does. Regardless, I still didn't mind this film overall and was entertained.
10. X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Not much good to talk about here, but it was remotely entertaining, mostly because it had Wolverine in it. Bad storytelling, bad cinematography, bad action sequences (was at the height of ridiculously bad CGI-orgie over-the-top action sequences), and terrible use of characters, particularly Deadpool. This is a prime example of what straying too far from the source material gets you.

Here is a quick Rotten Tomatoes comparison vs my rankings for anyone interested.

Rotten Tomatoes Rankings:
1. Logan - Rating: 7.8 (92% liked)
2. X-Men: Days of Future Past - Rating: 7.6 (91% liked)
3. X-2: X-Men United - Rating: 7.5 (86% liked)
4. X-Men: First Class - Rating: 7.4 (87% liked)
5. X-Men - 7.1 (81% liked)
6. Deadpool - 6.9 (83% liked)
7. The Wolverine - 6.3 (70% liked)
8. X-Men: The Last Stand - 5.9 (58% liked)
9. X-Men: Apocalypse - 5.6 (48% liked)
10. X-Men Origins - Wolverine: 5.1 (38% liked)

• Informative
Reactions: 3GenClone

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Someone posted this in a youtube comment and I thought it would have been cool in logan. Warning, contains spoilers and fun what ifs.
"Would have loved to see Schreiber back as Sabretooth. In order to fix the continuity error, have Xavier say he was mind-wiped also, and bring back both men memories so they recognize each other. The way they meet, is have Sabretooth see Logan be able to move during the paralysis in the Casino, and Savretooth starts following him. He demands to know what they did to him that hurt him so much, and Logan tells him to **** off. As soon as Sabretooth becomes hostile, Xavier tells them that they should not fight each other, and that there is a secret about the two. That's when Xavier recovers their memory and both recognize each other as brothers. The two hug each other (or not), and on the van, they make a stop trading their war memories. Then Logan tells Victor what he's been doing with Laura, and when he is explaining that, they get interrupted by those trucks and they meet the family. So at the dinner table, Victor is included. When Logan and Victor decide to help the man and both scare off the hillibillies, Victor says he suspects they are going to be trouble, so he'll follow them. That's when the Clone kills Xavier, and the whole family and takes Laura. Logan returns with the guy and everything happens as in the movie. The clone kills the guy, then the hillibillies, and Logan fights the clone, but instead of the black guy saving Logan, it is Victor who saves Logan from imminent death. Victor tells Logan to go, and Take Laura and Charle's body out while Victor fights the clone. As they are leaving, we see X-24 and Victor fight, and after a few struggles, X-24 beheads Victor, killing him. Not only did that made fan-service of bringing Victor back, but it also made more fan-service of seeing Sabretooth vs Wolverine one last time AND make a darker tone by Logan loosing his brother as well, and by his own copied hands, and make X-24 more of a threat and more intimidating than he already was. So Sabretooth was indeed a good idea. Too bad they scrapped him :( "

Reactions: Triggermv

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Now that I've posted my full-out Logan review, I figured I'd update my Fox X-Men Universe rankings to include it. With that said, as much as I loved Logan, for some reason, I just struggle to place it above X-2 as the best X-Men movie ever. It very well could be a better movie, and it is likely a combination of nostalgia and the fact that X-2 is more of the true X-Men movie, but I just can't put Logan above it quite yet. Sorry.

1. X-2: X-Men United - When I think of an X-Men movie, this is the movie I think of. Great acting, great storyline, and probably contains maybe my two favorite X-Men action sequences ever (Nightcrawler in White House, Wolverine going berserk on a Swat team in the Mansion). Lastly, after this movie, Nightcrawler became my favorite X-Men character ever.
2. Logan - Probably the best acted, best directed, and best cast movie of any of them, and I loved the different unique tone of the movie. Couldn't have asked for a better Hugh Jackman swan-song. Probably only loses out to X-2 mostly due to my nostalgia for X-2 and it not being as much of a pure X-Men film.
3. X-Men: Days of Future Past - Most genius way ever to not only reboot a franchise/storyline, but also honor the old cast of actors while still passing the baton off to the new group characters. Great action, great acting, great cinematography (Opening scene and Quicksilver scene), and great creativity in fitting everything together. Literally is one of those "we are giving you everything we've got" movie. Personally, I absolute hate everything about the 70s time period, but I still liked this movie a lot, so that says something.
4. Deadpool - I know many people are going crazy for this and would rank it higher than me, but this type of movie is just never going to be my cup of tea due to some of the explicit stuff. However, I do appreciate good film making, and from a creative film-making standpoint of producing something new and fun out of a simple origin story, there is a lot of brilliance behind this movie that I respect, especially on such a low budget. So, while it isn't my type of movie, I've still got to rank it as a very good movie.
5. The Wolverine - While this may be higher than many will rank this movie, I just loved the creativity in the new setting. The colors, the actors and the cinematography was all great. I thought this was Wolverine at his best. On the down side, I never really got into the Silver Samurai robot at the end, so I liked the first 2/3 of the movie better than the last 1/3.
6. X-Men: First Class - Good new origin story of Magneto and Charles and great new casting of characters moving forward. I liked this movie, but just didn't have anything I loved. Deep down though, i just hate everything that has to do with the 60s or 70s, so that inevitably probably worked against this movie. Still liked it though.
7. X-Men - This was the surprising one due to past built-up nastalgia, but this movie really felt super dated and fell flat for me. There is very little action and what there was wasn't good. You could really tell they were working with a low budget. Even the acting was amazingly bad from what I remembered (kids are easy to entertain). Nevertheless, I've got to respect how this kicked off the X-Men movie franchise, and even more so, really kicked-off and pioneered what we know today as the modern super-hero movie. It really was the first, so props.
8. X-Men: Apocalypse - Good popcorn flick that was still fun and entertaining. However, on the down side, this was a movie filled with plot holes galore, underdeveloped characters, a relatively weak story line, another CGI mass orgy with zero feeling behind it, and a fairly forgettable villain. At the same time, the movie overall just felt like more of the same when I was hoping for something new out of Bryan Singer. Still, not a terrible movie, but not one of the best either. Not nearly as bad as critics have been rating it or the two following movies. Poor reviews were mostly due to new higher expectations from the genre.
9. X-Men: The Last Stand - Truthfully, I didn't hate this movie as much as other people did. I thought the acting was decent, the action was decent (very CGI based), but the story-line was its main flaw. The thing just ruined and killed off too many characters, almost like a very last movie of an entire franchise does. Regardless, I still didn't mind this film overall and was entertained.
10. X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Not much good to talk about here, but it was remotely entertaining, mostly because it had Wolverine in it. Bad storytelling, bad cinematography, bad action sequences (was at the height of ridiculously bad CGI-orgie over-the-top action sequences), and terrible use of characters, particularly Deadpool. This is a prime example of what straying too far from the source material gets you.

Here is a quick Rotten Tomatoes comparison vs my rankings for anyone interested.

Rotten Tomatoes Rankings:
1. Logan - Rating: 7.8 (92% liked)
2. X-Men: Days of Future Past - Rating: 7.6 (91% liked)
3. X-2: X-Men United - Rating: 7.5 (86% liked)
4. X-Men: First Class - Rating: 7.4 (87% liked)
5. X-Men - 7.1 (81% liked)
6. Deadpool - 6.9 (83% liked)
7. The Wolverine - 6.3 (70% liked)
8. X-Men: The Last Stand - 5.9 (58% liked)
9. X-Men: Apocalypse - 5.6 (48% liked)
10. X-Men Origins - Wolverine: 5.1 (38% liked)
I would actually rank them almost exactly the same but switching X-2 with Logan, and First class with The Wolverine but either way works imo.

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
http://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-cable-michael-shannon-casting/

Word is that Michael Shannon is now the leading candidate to play Cable. Keep in mind this is NOT final, and that these things change A LOT. Personally, I'd be cool with it. Would he be my #1 choice? Probably not, but he'd be on my list for sure. He is also a dude I don't want to doubt at all as he was an AMAZING Zod in Man of Steel. If he ends up being Cable, I could only hope he'd be as good of a Cable as he was of being Zod.

Help Support Us

Become a patron