Fox X-Men (Marvel) Movie/TV Universe

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Wowsers, check out this new leaked Deadpool 2 concept art that may or may not be official:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/dead...omino-and-more-seemingly-leaks-online-a149839

First of all, these all look amazing. Secondly, the first thing you'll probably notice is that the Cable character is VERY obviously that of Brad Pitt in the role, who just recently has been the one guy rumored to be competing with Michael Shannon now for the role. It is worth noting the Brad Pitt rumor was a extremely soft rumor up until now, which this may or may not mean it is much more official that he is a serious, if not leading candidate for the role. Lastly, love the improvements to Colossus. Truthfully, I was never super crazy about his look in the original Deadpool. I actually preferred his Days of Future Past look.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Michael Shannon would be a great Cable. I am surprised as he was on the record basically bashing superhero movies and those that watch it. Didn't think I would see him do this genre again.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/24/brad-pitt-cable-deadpool-2/

Well, latest news seems like Brad Pitt may actually still be in the running to play Cable now. Again, this news always seems to change by the day. Ultimately, it seems like they are somewhat down to 3 guys: Michael Shannon (Man of Steel), Brad Pitt, and David Harbour (Stranger Things). Believe it or not, I actually have warmed to Brad Pitt being my clear #1 choice right now, as I can already picture the banter to be had between him and Ryan Reynolds right now. Then, I've got Michael Shannon as my second choice and David Harbour as my far far far 3rd choice. I really hope they don't choose him.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I would be good with either one of them, but Pitt and Shannon would be my favorites. That concept art is awesome.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I would be good with either one of them, but Pitt and Shannon would be my favorites. That concept art is awesome.

When I think Pitt in the role, I think about his character in Fury, which would probably be most similar to what Cable is like.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Well, bummer. Looks like Brad Pitt, while he was seriously considered for the role of Cable, is officially out of the running:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/dead...able-and-michael-shannons-involvement-a150018

He really was my new #1 choice, so I'm a bit disappointed. However, prior to him considering this role, I never would have considered him a possibility as anyone even interested in any of the comic book movies, so this does at least kind of open a door there for many other potential futures roles, so that is cool.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I hope if they pick Michael Shannon, Deadpool at least mocks his Zod character a bit. Maybe if they are looking for someone, he will glance at Cable and yell "I WILL FIND HIM!"

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Well, Josh Brolin just officially signed a 4-picture deal to be Cable alongside Deadpool, starting out with Deadpool 2. Gotta admit that came a bit out of left field for everyone beings how he never was even rumored to be a candidate.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/dead...signed-on-to-play-cable-in-deadpool-2-a150326

Truthfully, I'm not sure what to think. I can't necessarily say he'd be a bad Cable, but I can't necessarily say he would be my first choice either, or even ahead of most all the other potential candidates that were considered for that matter. Oh well, hoping for the best.

On another note, should we take this as meaning Thanos doesn't make it out alive from the Infiniti War movies???? As if it wasn't probably already assumed he wouldn't.

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Is Josh Brolin trying to be involved with every single comic book publisher:

He was in Sin City, which is DarkHorse
He starred as Jonah Hex which is a DC property
And now he bridges the gap between Marvels two studio partnerships

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Yes, I know I'm a bit behind the train here , but I did finally get to catch the first couple episodes of Legion over the weekend and I've got to say I'm intrigued and digging it so far. However, I'd say that the first 80% of the first really-long episode was a very slow burn for the most part as it tries to set things up and create this new world and tone, which I wasn't super sure of at first. So, for me, it did require a fair amount of painful push-through to see where the heck they were going with all of this. Then, once they started to reveal some stuff near the end of episode 1, it then finally hooked me as it revealed this still at least has all the usual workings of an X-Men universe film. There is no doubt everyone needs to wear their big-boy/girl thinkers cap while watching this show though, and I'm sure I'm still in for some big twists and turns that I don't even realize yet, which will likely make me look back and question everything I've seen thus far, which is cool. This only makes me want to watch every episode that much closer. Anyway, liking the show a lot so far and like how different and creative the producers are getting with this show. It truly is nothing like anything else we've seen so far and the show also gets an "A" for cinematic quality as well. At times, you almost think you are watching a movie with not only how the show is shot, but also with special effects and healthier budget it seems the show is working with. This is somewhat a breath of fresh air after watching a lot of how Iron Fist DIDN'T do these same things well. Lastly, based on this show's look and tone, I'm really digging the X-Men: First Class vibe I'm getting from everything, and even more particularly, kind of a Hellfire Club vibe. With that said, it is still hard to pinpoint the exact date of the show, which it seems the producers are almost trying to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: State43

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
On another note, X-Men Apocalypse was on HBO so I decided to watch it for the first time since the theater and I didn't hate it as much as the first time I saw it. And watching so recently to Suicide Squad, I can't believe I put them in the same category when they came out. Suicide Squad was 100 times worse.
Glad you are finally on the legion bandwagon Trigger, buckle up. The show will get stranger and stranger but you will appreciate more and more the uniqueness it brings.

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
On another note, X-Men Apocalypse was on HBO so I decided to watch it for the first time since the theater and I didn't hate it as much as the first time I saw it. And watching so recently to Suicide Squad, I can't believe I put them in the same category when they came out. Suicide Squad was 100 times worse.
Glad you are finally on the legion bandwagon Trigger, buckle up. The show will get stranger and stranger but you will appreciate more and more the uniqueness it brings.

tumblr_mryuavntXR1saqvcqo1_500.gif

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Same here.

I actually think it's awfully good.

Initial big screen disappointment has to be tempered.

I watched a few minutes of Suicide Squad.

What in the name of god is that?

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Late to the party here I know, but I did finally finish Legion, so here is my full-out review for anyone interested. Overall, I really loved this series, as it was creative, innovative, and really different than anything we've seen so far from any Superhero TV series or movie. The creators really took a chance on this thing, and it payed off. This was my first FX series, but I get the gist that this type of innovative TV might be their niche, which is cool. The cinematography of the show was also spectacular overall. While the budget obviously wasn't anything too large, they did a good job of maximizing what they had to the point that the series seemed almost more movie quality than TV quality, which was great. They really went all-out on a couple episodes for sure budget-wise. Also, while I was a little worried after the first episode of this series being a little too out there for my liking, once things got rolling, you quickly realize this show is still an X-Men series at its heart that still contains all the good things that everyone wants and loves about the X-Men. Its just that they added a lot of creative fun on top of that core, which always left you guessing and wondering where everything was headed. Lastly, there is no doubt that the casting of the series was great as the acting all seemed top-notch. Again, it felt more like movie-quality acting that TV-quality, which is always good.

With that all said, the series did still have its flaws that unfortunately did take things down a notch. For one, the first really long episode, was a VERY slow burn. I get that they were trying to be creative in setting everything up, but sometimes that creative got a little too out of control and a little too slow at getting to the point. Frankly, I just found myself bored working may way through the entire episode. Then, just when you think you were past it by watching some pretty awesome episodes in 2-5, you get to episodes 6-7 that are almost an exact repeat of episode 1 with all the same downfalls. Almost feels like deja-vu, and at the same time, it almost feels like the series is in a low-budget stalling mode until the last episode, which is very good again.

Therefore, in the end, while I really loved the series and the creative team behind it, it is hard to call this thing "best series EVA" when I really didn't like 3 out of the 8 episodes overall, which is nearly half the episodes. Regardless, this was still a very solid series which I thought was good enough that I really hope they eventually tie it in somehow with the movies universe, which seems to still kind of be up in the air. Last I heard was that the series may or may not. They said the series pretty much has to earn that right, which I think it has. Stay tuned as I'll soon include Legion on my Comic Book TV rankings and post that update on here.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Late to the party here I know, but I did finally finish Legion, so here is my full-out review for anyone interested. Overall, I really loved this series, as it was creative, innovative, and really different than anything we've seen so far from any Superhero TV series or movie. The creators really took a chance on this thing, and it payed off. This was my first FX series, but I get the gist that this type of innovative TV might be their niche, which is cool. The cinematography of the show was also spectacular overall. While the budget obviously wasn't anything too large, they did a good job of maximizing what they had to the point that the series seemed almost more movie quality than TV quality, which was great. They really went all-out on a couple episodes for sure budget-wise. Also, while I was a little worried after the first episode of this series being a little too out there for my liking, once things got rolling, you quickly realize this show is still an X-Men series at its heart that still contains all the good things that everyone wants and loves about the X-Men. Its just that they added a lot of creative fun on top of that core, which always left you guessing and wondering where everything was headed. Lastly, there is no doubt that the casting of the series was great as the acting all seemed top-notch. Again, it felt more like movie-quality acting that TV-quality, which is always good.

With that all said, the series did still have its flaws that unfortunately did take things down a notch. For one, the first really long episode, was a VERY slow burn. I get that they were trying to be creative in setting everything up, but sometimes that creative got a little too out of control and a little too slow at getting to the point. Frankly, I just found myself bored working may way through the entire episode. Then, just when you think you were past it by watching some pretty awesome episodes in 2-5, you get to episodes 6-7 that are almost an exact repeat of episode 1 with all the same downfalls. Almost feels like deja-vu, and at the same time, it almost feels like the series is in a low-budget stalling mode until the last episode, which is very good again.

Therefore, in the end, while I really loved the series and the creative team behind it, it is hard to call this thing "best series EVA" when I really didn't like 3 out of the 8 episodes overall, which is nearly half the episodes. Regardless, this was still a very solid series which I thought was good enough that I really hope they eventually tie it in somehow with the movies universe, which seems to still kind of be up in the air. Last I heard was that the series may or may not. They said the series pretty much has to earn that right, which I think it has. Stay tuned as I'll soon include Legion on my Comic Book TV rankings and post that update on here.

After posting my Legion (Season 1) review above, you guys know how much of a list guy I am, so I figured it would only be right to update my Comic Book TV Show list to include it. Again, I really loved Legion and the creativity behind it, but it was unfortunately held back a bit on this list by some slow, not-so-great episodes. Still, I really liked the series and can't wait for Season 2.

1. The Flash (Season 1)
  2. Daredevil (Season 2)
  3. Daredevil (Season 1)
  4. Arrow (Season 2)
  5. Arrow (Season 1)
  6. Legion (Season 1)
  7. The Flash (Season 2)
  8. Supergirl (Season 1)
  9. Jessica Jones (Season 1)
  10. Luke Cage (Season 1)
  11. Agents of Shield (Season 2)
  12. Agent Carter (Season 1)