Fox X-Men (Marvel) Movie/TV Universe

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Not sure how a movie which barely anyone knows exists is overrated, but youre right,, to each their own.

You are right, it isn't super well known, but it has kind of turned into a cult classic with a fair amount already. Plus, it is probably the movie that helped Taika Waititi get the Thor: Ragnarok directing job the most, as well as why many people are hyped about him directing.

Reactions: bos

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Article just posted today saying that Fox is working on six unannounced Marvel movies that will be released between June 2019 and March 2021.

Fox has earmarked June 7, 2019; November 22, 2019; March 13, 2020; June 26, 2020; October 2, 2020; and March 5, 2021
The studio numerous potential film franchises going based on Marvel properties; a long-delayed Gambit spinoff film joins team movies New Mutants and X-Men: Dark Phoenix on the list of releases, along with more Deadpool movies on the way and an X-Factor film reportedly in development for down the line.

Also, it was announced yesterday that Evan Peters will be returning as Quicksilver in X-Men: Dark Phoenix

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
This thread made the most sense to post the newest trailer for Kingsman: The Golden Circle. The movie is distributed by 20th Century Fox and the comic it is based on (The Secret Service) is published by Icon Comics, which is owned by Marvel. This is the Red Band trailer so there is some language and violence that may not be suitable for the office:

I am pumped for this. This trailer reminds me of the movie Desperado, only instead of a guitar case machine gun they are using a briefcase.
fgqYCsq.gif

I can't believe Pedro Pascal (the guy that played Oberyn Martell in Game of Thrones) isn't credited for the amount of screentime he gets in the trailer.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Noah Hawley, the creator of the show Legion, announced that he is working on a film for 20th Century Fox that will involve Doctor Doom. He wouldn't elaborate if it's a stand-alone Doctor Doom movie or a movie with Doctor Doom as the villain.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/07/2...h-hawley-working-on-doctor-doom-related-movie

First it was rumors that Fox was going to put out a new Fantastic 4 movie more aimed at kids, and now, there is the announcement of a Doctor Doom movie from Fox. For those unaware, Fox has to keep creating a Fantastic 4 movie every 7 years (coming up soon) or they lose their movie rights to the character back to Marvel. First of all, Fox does not want to lose rights to those characters without Marvel paying big bucks for them. Secondly, Fox knows they can't just do the exact same thing by producing another normal Fantastic 4 movie, which they've already failed 3 times at. With that said, I think both these latest announcements/rumors is simply Fox testing the waters for interest from fans for either of these ideas. In the end, I highly doubt they do both. They will likely go with the one garnering the most interest or, this also might just all be part of a negotiating play with Marvel where they've got to get something out there as a threat to Marvel. I'm also interested in the details of the contract as apparently a solo Doctor Doom outing counts as producing another Fantastic Four film.

Lastly, if Fox is going to go forward with something, I'd opt for the Doctor Doom movie and just hope that they can make something good out of it.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
More tragic news of death this morning to follow a weekend of the same. It was just reported today that a female stunt driver accidentally died on the set of Deadpool 2 earlier today.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/dead...on-the-set-of-deadpool-2-this-morning-a153260

Super sad news, especially when you consider that it was only a few months ago that a stunt-man died on the set of The Walking Dead. I think that happened more of the freak of nature variety, whereas I'm going to guess this Deadpool one was more just a hazard of what they were doing. On a lesser note, Tom Cruise was even hurt a couple days ago while performing his own stunts on his latest Mission Impossible flick. His injury details are yet to be disclosed. Sure, I get that these things are always going to be a risk of the job, but still always tragic to hear.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
It's been some time since there was X-Men news:

Drew Goddard (adapted the script for The Martian and also wrote Season 1 Netflix's Daredevil) will be writing and directing the X-Force movie.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/drew-goddard-will-write-and-direct-the-x-force-movie-1802129563

The movie will follow Deadpool leading a “black ops” mutant team, who in the comics were a much deadlier superteam in comparison to your typical X-Men squads. Josh Brolin’s Cable is expected to be part of the film, but reacting to the news on twitter, Deadpool co-creator Rob Liefeld added that Zazie Beetz’ Domino, who will debut in Deadpool 2, will be in the film as well.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

Drew Goddard (adapted the script for The Martian and also wrote Season 1 Netflix's Daredevil) will be writing and directing the X-Force movie.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/drew-goddard-will-write-and-direct-the-x-force-movie-1802129563

The movie will follow Deadpool leading a “black ops” mutant team, who in the comics were a much deadlier superteam in comparison to your typical X-Men squads. Josh Brolin’s Cable is expected to be part of the film, but reacting to the news on twitter, Deadpool co-creator Rob Liefeld added that Zazie Beetz’ Domino, who will debut in Deadpool 2, will be in the film as well.
If the next Deadpool is even remotely close to as good as the first I will get super excited for this one!

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

It is interesting how Fox is going the route right now of finally giving a few of their long time writing/producing/creating people first-time chances at directing their upcoming movies. Sounds like a big gamble to me, especially when these guys have been a bit hit and miss with their previous creative projects. I'd argue that if anything, Fox's Marvel Universe needs to go more the route of injecting some new creative blood into their directors in order to continually keep things from going stale. Who knows though. Maybe he'll they will be just fine.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
The thing that interests me about Goddard is that he is a long-time collaborator with Joss Whedon and JJ Abrams. Goddard wrote a handful of episodes of Buffy, Angel, Alias, and Lost. so maybe X-Factor will be stylistically different than other X-Men films. Goddard also has previously directed a feature film (Cabin in the Woods) which is more than Simon Kinberg.

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv