KU Police investigating report of teenage girl raped at KU’s McCarthy Hall

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
As the person who started this thread, I will say that I think a lot of you (well, mainly Surly) are digging hard to make KU look bad. A few things...

When KU locked up a share of the big 12 title with 3 games left, and won it outright with two games left, Self was an absolute idiot (and stubborn) for not suspending Jackson for at least a game. Do it if for nothing to save face and give the impression that you dont find what going on to be acceptable. Do it, and there is no one out there thinking that basketball is the most important thing at KU.

The story about the girl losing playing time because of the incident is overblown and inaccurate. Her dad is trying to spew a lot of things out to the media, and the KC Star is the only one taking the bait so far.

Jackson's attorney offering money to make it go away is in no way wrong. If i did something as dumb as he did and got caught, and at his age I was lucky to not get caught, I would want my attorney to do the same.
If you think that Self should have suspended Jacksin earlier, then that means that you assume that Self is lying sbout when he was told about the incident.

Self stated that Jackson told him about it last Monday so Self suspended him right after he was aware of the 2nd incident.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If you think that Self should have suspended Jacksin earlier, then that means that you assume that Self is lying sbout when he was told about the incident.

Self stated that Jackson told him about it last Monday so Self suspended him right after he was aware of the 2nd incident.

I'm assuming he is saying Jackson should have been suspended for violently kicking in the door of a car while a female is inside it since they already had the title wrapped up

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
It's interesting to me that having a bong is worthy of 3 game suspension but violence against a woman is worth only one, even when that violence is part and parcel of $3000 in total damage. What's a bong load worth?

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
It's interesting to me that having a bong is worthy of 3 game suspension but violence against a woman is worth only one, even when that violence is part and parcel of $3000 in total damage. What's a bong load worth?

I'm not up to date on the latest prices, but I think it would depend on how many ounces are in the load.

• Winner
Reactions: CycoCyclone

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
So a bong is a few hundred bucks and then you could probably buy like 9 ounces with whats left over.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

No, Im saying Jackson should of been suspended for getting close to having a felony charge, and Self had the PERFECT time to do it.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Bragg's issue was his third incident, so his was a three game benching. If Jackson has another incident, he will be suspended for three games as well.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Bragg's issue was his third incident, so his was a three game benching. If Jackson has another incident, he will be suspended for three games as well.

No he wont.
1 - Self isn't going to suspend him for the tournament.
2 - If Self did suspend him KU wouldn't survive the 3 games without him

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Yeah that's not how that works
OK, I guess I'll have to rely on your vast experience in following the KU basketball program. Self has been very consistent in applying this escalating scale to minor offenses. He has stepped away from that scale if necessay to grant longer suspensions if he deemed it necessary (Morningstar getting suspended for all of first semester games (9) for a major DUI, Greene 6 games for getting in a screaming match with the coaches after a game and for it being his millionth incident).

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
OK, I guess I'll have to rely on your vast experience in following the KU basketball program. Self has been very consistent in applying this escalating scale to minor offenses. He has stepped away from that scale if necessay to grant longer suspensions if he deemed it necessary (Morningstar getting suspended for all of first semester games (9) for a major DUI, Greene 6 games for getting in a screaming match with the coaches after a game and for it being his millionth incident).

So vandalizing personal property is a "minor-offense"?