***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Do you guys remember the time frame when Holden and Bowie committed last year?.. Trying to get a sense for when these transfer dominoes will start falling..

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Quick twitter search

Bowie: March 4th
Holden: May 7th
Kasongo: June 18th

This lines up.
Bowie was a medical grad transfer thus announced earlier than most graduates and ISU was aggressive in landing him before many teams were recruiting grad transfers as they don't declare their intentions until the season ends.

Holden early may lines up with traditional grad transfers as most take visits in April and decide once their school year officially ends (after finals)

Kosongo had to sit a year thus traditional transfers take their visits a little later as rosters are set and scholarships for next year are known by the coaches. They then know if they have a RS spot to use.

I assume ISU will be looking to get early visits from Shakur and Edwards, depending on how they feel on their commitments, a grad transfer that could fit at either spot. The traditional transfers visits for the open 1-2 spots will take place at the end of April/early May once they know the final scholly #'s.

Last edited:

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/article141309513.html

I highly doubt Kansas will offer both Marcus and Michael. I would say right now we would take both of them.
I doubt we would either. Plus, it sounds like they're willing to split up if needed.

Their preference remains to transfer to the same school, but Michael Weathers said they would be willing to separate if they were presented with different opportunities.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/article141309513.html#storylink=cpy

• Informative
Reactions: Messi

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
If we took the twins we would have 5 soph wing players in '18 right?Lard would be in that class too, that would be a log jam schollie wise. The staff would have its work cut out for it recruiting guards.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Some chatter here in Nebby that Morrow is leaving because Miles wanted to use him exclusively at the 5. Morrow wants to stay a true 4 wherever he lands...

What's the same reason McKay left Marquette. Our 5 was pretty much a 4 though.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I didn't know until now that Marcus Weathers (twin brother, 6-5 sf, 9.7pts and 6 reb) is transferring also and they want to be together. Makes this situation more interesting. I guess we do have the scholarships.

We for sure have room for both, and room for two immediate players. It makes a lot of sense for both parties.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Right... I don't see them offering Marcus.. I could see them offering Michael, though possibly. But I guess it will depend how dead set they are with playing with one another on the court.

Interesting situation: While ISU does have 4 scholarships 2 are earmarked for next year players JuCo or Grad transfer.
Would Prohm want to the last two to go to a PG and a SF? they would join this years class of Wigginton PG/SG, McNeil PG/SG and Lewis SF/PF? I don't know if Prohm wants that much focus on the perimeter in one year.

IN THEIR OWN WORDS: “I think I’m a point guard who can score the ball and get others involved. We want to play together for as long as possible and hopefully in college. If Marcus and I have to split up, we will look at what’s best.” -- Michael Weathers

“I can play out on the wing. I feel comfortable handling the ball and I’ve worked on my jump shot.” -- Marcus Weathers

RIVALS REACTION: Though the Weathers brothers would like to play together in college, that may be difficult. First, they have to find a school that has two scholarships and has the need for both a point guard and a small forward-type. Also, Michael may have the higher ceiling as a prospect at this point and it is possible that he could receive a higher level of interest than his brother, particularly because there aren’t many quality point guards left on the board for 2016.

WHAT’S NEXT: The brothers took an unofficial visit to Creighton during the fall but neither has taken an official visit and they are both right on the border academically. They did well on a recent ACT, which should help, but for now they are going to play out the season and see where they stand once interest and offers settle."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...ers-hope-to-keep-combo-together-at-next-level

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
My top four wish list (today) are:
1) Juiston
2) Shayok
3) Evans
4) Weathers

First out-- Morrow

Reactions: heitclone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Interesting situation: While ISU does have 4 scholarships 2 are earmarked for next year players JuCo or Grad transfer.
Would Prohm want to the last two to go to a PG and a SF? they would join this years class of Wigginton PG/SG, McNeil PG/SG and Lewis SF/PF? I don't know if Prohm wants that much focus on the perimeter in one year.

IN THEIR OWN WORDS: “I think I’m a point guard who can score the ball and get others involved. We want to play together for as long as possible and hopefully in college. If Marcus and I have to split up, we will look at what’s best.” -- Michael Weathers

“I can play out on the wing. I feel comfortable handling the ball and I’ve worked on my jump shot.” -- Marcus Weathers

RIVALS REACTION: Though the Weathers brothers would like to play together in college, that may be difficult. First, they have to find a school that has two scholarships and has the need for both a point guard and a small forward-type. Also, Michael may have the higher ceiling as a prospect at this point and it is possible that he could receive a higher level of interest than his brother, particularly because there aren’t many quality point guards left on the board for 2016.

WHAT’S NEXT: The brothers took an unofficial visit to Creighton during the fall but neither has taken an official visit and they are both right on the border academically. They did well on a recent ACT, which should help, but for now they are going to play out the season and see where they stand once interest and offers settle."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...ers-hope-to-keep-combo-together-at-next-level

There is no way we could take both. I just can't see Prohm putting all of his chips in only to have to fill a butt load of scholly's again in a few years. He will go Juco, Sit out transfer, and a sit 1 play 2. I fully expect us to hold the extra scholarship for 2018, we are in on some pretty big fish but as of right now we will only have one scholarship to fill.