RECRUITING: Shakur Juiston commits to UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
He won't be very good. Unless of course he decides to go to ISU.
What you are doing would be funny except too many people are taking it seriously and throwing him under the bus. It shouldn't matter to most recruits, but we know of at least one recruit in the past who steered clear of ISU and we almost didn't get because of how ISU fans were flaming him online.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yeah, Shakur isn't even tweeting really. Last tweet I saw was about him talking to Barnes on his visit here.

His entire recruitment has been extremely private. I think that has created a lot of the panic with the "I want it and I want it now" crowd.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So why do we think he's picked DePaul?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
What you are doing would be funny except too many people are taking it seriously and throwing him under the bus. It shouldn't matter to most recruits, but we know of at least one recruit in the past who steered clear of ISU and we almost didn't get because of how ISU fans were flaming him online.

Who?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It seemed to all start after I posted the tweet Eli Cain tweeted yesterday. Not sure if there is any fact to all the assumptions, other than he has a former AAU teammate who is the star there, and apparently a connection with an old AAU coach on the staff(?)

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
1590190.jpg

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It seemed to all start after I posted the tweet Eli Cain tweeted yesterday. Not sure if there is any fact to all the assumptions, other than he has a former AAU teammate who is the star there, and apparently a connection with an old AAU coach on the staff(?)

Jesus, we've known that for s while now. That's the whole reason he visited there.

So we've established that nothing has changed. I will not panic until he decides.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I used to think if he doesn't pick isu by this weekend then not good but now I'd think if he hasn't picked Depsul after this weekend then maybe he took step back and let the emotion of playing with his buddy subside..

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Now there is 3 pages of roller coaster of emotions. Guess were back to DEFCON 3 now, monitoring twitter.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Football recruit. Name escapes me at the moment. He committed to ISU, then changed his committment to Indiana, if I remember correctly. Rhoads ultimately got him back but it was then revealed that he got sick of all the crap that was posted about him on boards like this and he walked. It took a hell of a lot of extra recruiting resources by the staff to get him back.

I'm sure others on here are familiar with the story.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Football recruit. Name escapes me at the moment. He committed to ISU, then changed his committment to Indiana, if I remember correctly. Rhoads ultimately got him back but it was then revealed that he got sick of all the crap that was posted about him on boards like this and he walked. It took a hell of a lot of extra recruiting resources by the staff to get him back.

I'm sure others on here are familiar with the story.

Nigel Tribune

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I dont really see anything that bad on this thread..other than some ripping on Depaul..Justifiably so. That program is horrific. Its not anything we dont alrady know. Go check out a Ohio state or OU board after they lost a recruit in fball to lowly ISU.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Shakur will announce when he's ready to announce...that could be today, tomorrow...next week...Maybe later. I, for one, have a life to lead...and will be a happy person whatever he decides. If being at Iowa State is best for him (in his mind)...he will commit. If it's somewhere else...ok. ISU will be okay in the long run. I think it's a good thing we are even in these 4-5 star recruits radar to begin with. Couldn't say that 5-6 years ago.
Next year it will be all about the Chase for Race. The year after that we will fret about the next latest and greatest...CSP seems to be doing a great job. Now I hope he can seal the deal on 1 or 2 others soon before some of us collapse!

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016
Shakur will announce when he's ready to announce...that could be today, tomorrow...next week...Maybe later. I, for one, have a life to lead...and will be a happy person whatever he decides. If being at Iowa State is best for him (in his mind)...he will commit. If it's somewhere else...ok. ISU will be okay in the long run. I think it's a good thing we are even in these 4-5 star recruits radar to begin with. Couldn't say that 5-6 years ago.
Next year it will be all about the Race for Race. The year after that we will fret about the next latest and greatest...CSP seems to be doing a great job. Now I hope he can seal the deal on 1 or 2 others soon before some of us collapse!

FTFY

Reactions: CySmurf
Status
Not open for further replies.